Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 10:57 AM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

lol the RX door panel for comparison is on a car that costs 37K. How much exactly will the M cost, 50K?
Old 08-15-09, 11:02 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Yup.

I think Infiniti will do O.K. offering it against the Lexus GS/LS, BMW 5/7-Series, and MB E/S-Class.

It may be fourth place in sales numbers, but they are sooo ahead of the game compared to Acura, Audi, and Cadillac.
How are they ahead of Audi? Let me see, forced induction nope, full range of cars nope, diesel alternative nope, two suv's nope (ex is g35 a wagon), a super car nope, engines ranging from 4 to 10 cylinders nope, ultra high performance sedan's nope, just a nissan rebadge yes.

I will agree it is a beautiful car and it will steal sales but to call infiniti ahead of Audi? They have 4 models! One sells ok (the g) the rest bearly make it!!
Old 08-15-09, 11:08 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
lol the RX door panel for comparison is on a car that costs 37K. How much exactly will the M cost, 50K?
will start at the same price as a base GS or similar to its current price.

but really though, the door panel is one piece, just like in the RX. they just molded the rubber and plastic with more curves and grooves. how much more expensive can that be?....
Old 08-15-09, 11:12 AM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
the M56 is just for bragging rights.

it won't sell well.

Lexus is too practical-minded to put out a monster GS just because infiniti did. but it may put out after the LF-A hits the market.

as more proof that lexus doesn't give a crap what other people do........ lexus hasn't even built a true coupe yet.
DJ
you are right, but they need to give a crap about the consumer. There was a time when you bought a Lexus because it was hands down better quality, more car for less money and I think that this winning combination may be getting less attractive as time goes on.....
Old 08-15-09, 11:15 AM
RXSF

i agree lexus is going with a minimalistic design for the interior door panels (which i too hope they change). but the infiniti is using soft vinyl or something on their door panels, unlike the RX which is a giant piece of plastic. However, the current M starts at 46K. With all these improvements, im guessing a base at 48 at least. Lexus could do a lot with a 10K more budget on the RX
Old 08-15-09, 11:15 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GFerg

HOLY ****!!! I absolutely love what I'm seeing.

As a fan of the current-gen Nissan Fuga/Infiniti M (which is my favorite car from the Renault-Nissan alliance and the best-looking of them all IMHO), this surely exceeds my expectations completely for the new model.

That and along with 1SICKLEX and others here, we were all caught off-guard by the announcement of a 5.6 liter engine. Heck, I and I guess many of us were only expecting the 5.0 liter V8 engine (VK50VE) to be the top-end engine for this new vehicle. However, I guess they pulled something off their sleeve this time.

Wahoo, more than 400 horsepower. Awesome!!!

That and later this year or next year, we might also see what diesel engine they're going to use for this car (in the European market).

Indeed, I really like what I'm seeing and hearing.
Old 08-15-09, 11:19 AM
RXSF

Oh i know why the rear is bothering me. It reminds me of this:

Old 08-15-09, 11:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

i cropped it from the huge pic.
omg you weren't kidding those download ones are huge (9512x6245!).

thanks!
Old 08-15-09, 11:26 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I dont like the front and the leather pattern. It looks odd to me.
Old 08-15-09, 11:29 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need to see in person, bummer I'm not attending any of the events this year during car week in Monterey.
Old 08-15-09, 11:47 AM
R1R
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they would fail if those silver pieces were just painted plastic. hope they use real aluminum
They said it was hand-rubbed aluminum, using some sort of old Japanese technique. Infiniti can no longer afford to be using fake stuff in their cars if they want to be taken seriously. But, I like that they bring Japanese heritage into their products like this.
Old 08-15-09, 11:49 AM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Infiniti just set the bar extremely, extremely high for the 4GS. The interior and the performance numbers look easily class leading by a significant margin.

If Lexus simply hopes to "up the quotient" like they (barely) did with the 3GS then they shouldn't even bother. The car will nearly have to be a revolution to regain the crown.

Congrats to Infiniti for building such a knockout
I totally agree with you. A very big hand to the new Infiniti M. It looks very good and promising.

The 4GS has it's work cut out for it. We all know the 4.6 liter engine from Lexus is capable of 380 hp. Lexus can definitely tweak that to 400 to compete with the new M. Where Lexus will come out ahead of the M will be the GS F which hopefully will sport the detuned V10 engine developed for the LF A...we will wait and see what Lexus comes up next.

If one wakes up the Dragon be prepared to take the heat...
Old 08-15-09, 11:53 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
thanks. still don't know where you got the close up interior pic from though.

and this has curves too, but much less busy

That's more like bloating in the middle of Bauhaus. The first thing I see in this interior is that large plastic compartment, that's been bugging me since day one. While other drool over S-class interior I find it not good enough for flagship car. Of course they fixed it in CL and a little bit in new facelift.

BTW he probably cropped that picture you see.
Old 08-15-09, 11:57 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like a larger G37. HP looks good in its class but will have see the actual numbers on the track.
Old 08-15-09, 12:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

back on curves / lines i don't care for the diagnoal grooves on the seat cushions either.
and i don't like the front at all, especially the cheap looking all plastic lower front bumper. i prefer the new e-class for example.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread