Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-09, 12:32 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is def on my short list of cars to buy.

but with infiniti, you have to wait a year or two because infiniti is notorious for first year bugs and rattles.

with such a tight production schedule, i hope they thoroughly test this and run it through the rattle/shake machine, like mercedes and hyundai do.
Old 08-15-09, 12:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,411 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
That's more like bloating in the middle of Bauhaus. The first thing I see in this interior is that large plastic compartment, that's been bugging me since day one. While other drool over S-class interior I find it not good enough for flagship car. Of course they fixed it in CL and a little bit in new facelift.
i agree on all points. how do you like this one?

Old 08-15-09, 03:33 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 08-15-09, 03:34 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I think Audi has one of the best laid out interiors, when you sitting in one feels like you are missing a take off check list.
Old 08-15-09, 03:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Looks like the new M has stepped it up a notch. The interior is much improved over the current gen. The dark wood gives it less of a drab funeral look.
Old 08-15-09, 04:17 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like Infinity (and Audi) have just about made the leap to Tier 1 IMO, based on this info from Infinity.
Old 08-15-09, 04:32 PM
jli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can anyone resize the interior picture to 1920 x 1080 please?! i want to make it as my wallpaper. thanks!
Old 08-15-09, 05:00 PM
LexFather

I just thought about it this car has the new V-8 that will also be used in the next QX and other models I believe.

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Looks like Infinity (and Audi) have just about made the leap to Tier 1 IMO, based on this info from Infinity.
Nope, won't happen. Audi has a much much better chance as they have a more complete lineup and the necessary flagship in the A8. One car does not make you Tier 1. It takes years, DECADES to happen. Lexus was not Tier I in the 1990s.

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
Bit (Paul) - You're right. M is gonna be a BMW 5/7 Fighter. Looks like Lexus is taking on MB as their main rival.
I remember way back in the days of CL. long.long.long time ago... not that long.
I think 1SICK - Mike said (Pimp/Fashion expert/life consultant/Gigalo) funny quote from the movie Barbershop) anyways

Acura,Lexus,Infiniti went up against Audi,MB,BMW
Acura vs. Audi (Looks like Audi/VW is winning)
Lexus vs. MB (Luxury)
Infiniti vs. BMW (Sporting)
Infiniti fell out of it with Q45 & J30 & Acura wants to wins w/front dr. V6.
This left Lexus to battle the germans alone.
Something like that.
LOL, yeah you myself and bit have been here a looooooooooong time. I don't classify them anymore and think its pretty silly now. They all over AWD. They all offer non sporty vehicles. They all offer sporty vehicles.

Only BMW offers a manual in this segment, the ace in the hole. Lexus product line has everything from a relaxed LX to an in your face IS-F and F-sport parts. We cannot say it just is a Benz competitor.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-15-09 at 06:17 PM.

Old 08-15-09, 07:27 PM
FinalBurst
Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I can understand (some what) knocking Infiniti, but how exactly is Audi not tier 1? They are the 3rd largest luxury brand, within spitting distance from usurping Mercedes for the #2 spot. They have a full and complete lineup of vehicles, with an extremely competitive product in practically each segment. The brand itself has an extensive history. To be perfectly honest, the only thing that Audi lacks against BMW and Mercedes is presence in the US, which it is slowly accumulating. Audi is most definitely 'tier 1'.

As for Infiniti, hopefully when the economy picks up, the plans for their flagship will be put back on track, as the lack of a Q is the only thing that I can see separates them from any 'tier 1' brand.

(I think luxury 'tiers' is pointless)
Old 08-15-09, 08:19 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wow this car looks amazing, 1st XF, 2nd was E & A6, n now this beast...
im sure bmw is doing there homework, but lexus, wow, lexus just dont care for this type of crowd, "we only can cross our fingers for the GS to make n statement" they better strip the IS-f/LF-A engine n create an new GS cause the hybrid and 460 is obsolete to these cars, wow, btw what does that red emblem stand for?
Old 08-15-09, 09:46 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

Not really crazy about it. It is really busy...a lot of curves. Maybe I'll grow to like it. The specs are tremendous though.
Old 08-15-09, 10:10 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i agree on all points. how do you like this one?

after staring at the M interior for a few minutes, that A8 interior looks soooo OLD and anachronistic
Old 08-15-09, 10:42 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Speaking of Audi, has anyone sat inside an S5? I have...magma red with carbon fiber trim...i was speechless ; in absolute awe.

dare say that interior - fit , finish, beauty, design layout, and attention is benchmark in my opinion. It is probably one of the very few interiors in automobiles i would give a 10/10. The new XJ from pics is simply gorgeous as well - very close to perfect.

The S5 interior is better than their flagship. This new M interior is excellent - not a 10...but 8.5-9
Old 08-15-09, 10:53 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
this is one of those cars that needs to grow on you...

I was very excited about this car and that may be why I am a little underwhelmed by the exterior. To me it looks and has most of the design elements of just a larger G37 with a few curves and creases thrown in and not much else. I am not a fan of the G37 inside or out at all, there is nothing upscale or upmarket looking about it and it is a very forgettable jellybean like design. Hopefully in person the M with take on its own identity but I just don't like the similarities to the ho hum G37 especially towards the rear with that odd fastback look. I was hoping for something unique and stunning that would not really resemble any current Infiniti but it is just too similar looking to the G37 and looks more like an update to the G37 instead of a new different more upscale model, again I am hoping in person or with better pics that will change.

Just looking at the new M and the CLS below it, the CLS is just such a better more groundbreaking design and I was hoping for something as groundbreaking as that car. Aside from a few similar styling elements the new M does not come close to the CLS or Essence in the way it impresses. I like the interior of the new M and hope the materials and fit and finish will be up to the competition or surpasses it.

Someone in my neighborhood just got a M45 sport and I think it looks good, some people may not like the design but it still does not looks anything like the G35/37 and looks more upscale and has more presence.

I know many are excited by the 5.6l v8 and over 400hp but is now the best time with tough fuel economy standards looming around the corner and everyone downsizing their engines for better fuel economy to be releasing another big inefficient engine just for hp bragging rights. If fuel prices skyrocket again nobody is going to get the v8 if it is still a gas guzzler. Sure the new 5.6 may get a little(15% or so) better fuel economy then the old 4.5 but that is not saying much when the old 4.5 was a very inefficient gas hog that got pretty much the worse real fuel economy in its class by far, the VQ v6 is no fuel sipper either and rough and thrashy in the high rev ranges to boot. I would have rather seen some kind of hybrid offered to give buyers something that gets decent fuel economy. I think it would have been smarter to have a 4.5-4.6 as the standard v8 option with around 360-370hp and more focus on heavily improving(25% or more) its fuel economy over the last one and then offer the 5.6 as a hot performance S model for enthusiasts.

I am sure the new M will be a great addition to the Infiniti lineup and will be very competitive and sell well.

Please Infiniti build a sleek coupe version that heavily resembles the Essense concept, I have a feeling they will since they keep bringing the concept around to different places and events and are showing it off so much.
Old 08-15-09, 10:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
Speaking of Audi, has anyone sat inside an S5? I have...magma red with carbon fiber trim...i was speechless ; in absolute awe.

dare say that interior - fit , finish, beauty, design layout, and attention is benchmark in my opinion. It is probably one of the very few interiors in automobiles i would give a 10/10. The new XJ from pics is simply gorgeous as well - very close to perfect.

The S5 interior is better than their flagship. This new M interior is excellent - not a 10...but 8.5-9
The S5 is a superb interior and I have sat in the interior u have described. Shame the damn sunroof doesn't open.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread