Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 02:02 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why is everyone trying to convince each other one way or the other over styling/aesthetics which are probably THE most individual and subjective tastes in any industry?

People will never see eye-to-eye on this and that is why there are so many choices out there; no two things are exactly alike. If you don't like it, state your opinion and move along, if you DO like it, do likewise. There is no sense in posting nonsense as you're probably not going to convince anyone to change their mind over what they see as stylish.

It's like some dudes that like fat chicks and others of us that wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole - "to each his (or her) own."

Last edited by 92 SC400; 08-18-09 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typos...
Old 08-18-09, 02:05 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
And we get that lets not rehash those points over and lets appreciate what we have seen.

I mean this destroys anything Acura has debuted since the NSX maybe.
Definitely. I may not personally like the M a whole lot, but I respect the car nonetheless and it destroys anything Acura has released in the past 20 years.
Old 08-18-09, 02:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Styling is so subjective, personal taste thing, I agree. (I'll stay away from the fat chicks thing.)

Performance/capacities/dimension specs, pricing, resale value/depreciation rates, sales stats are much more objective.
Old 08-18-09, 02:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

overgrown G35 sedan

and nothing wrong with that
Old 08-18-09, 02:22 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Styling is so subjective, personal taste thing, I agree. (I'll stay away from the fat chicks thing.)

Off topic but in college our crew had a great man...

Why was he great?

B/C fat chicks was his thing and he did it well

You see when the grenade blows, all the guys gets love. We would have a bunch of fine girls and of course the leader, the big one. She usually drives and dictates what can be done and what time stay/go. She is the KEY in the group of girls.

With this secret weapon at our arsenal, mahn GOOD TIMES!!!!

I tip my hat to him....

okay back to the thread.

Old 08-18-09, 02:28 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Off topic but in college our crew had a great man...

Why was he great?

B/C fat chicks was his thing and he did it well
Sounds all sorts of wrong, but hey, you gotta love a team player! haha
Old 08-18-09, 02:30 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Sounds all sorts of wrong, but hey, you gotta love a team player! haha
Dude had more assists than John Stockton

Old 08-18-09, 02:31 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I actually thought the virtual reveal was a pretty cool bit of razzle dazzle. I still can't figure out technically how it was done. No, it wasn't a substitute for having the real car there. Whether Infiniti hoped to deliver an actual prototype and decided not too or was unable to is anyone's guess but I dare say that enough excitement, interest and/or controversy has been stirred that there's a balanced anticipation for the reveal of the actual car. So they've revealed the car without actually revealing it, meaning that it won't be total anticlimax when it is rolled out the next time.

I think expectation will be more measured when that happens and people will see the car for what it really is instead of what they were imagining it would be.
Old 08-18-09, 02:45 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. This is what I was saying to a friend on sunday. I told him to take one for the team. "Win one for the Gipper" Blaze a trail of glory!"l Got to admire the courage of these (men) that will go to bat for the cause. Sometimes there is a ( " I ") in the word TEAM. Buy that man a frosty ICE COLD BEER!!!

Back on topic. Does anyone know if this is a reworked 5.6 V8 direct injection engine from the Q56 SUV??? Infiniti likes to share platforms & engine like the V6 (VQ)in all their cars.
Old 08-18-09, 04:50 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400

People will never see eye-to-eye on this and that is why there are so many choices out there; no two things are exactly alike. I you don't like it, state your opinion and move along, if you DO like it, do likewise. There is no sense in posting nonsense as you're probably not going to convince anyone to change their mind over what they see as stylish.
money.

thank god there's variety.

or else we'd all be driving clones like schoolgirls and their uniforms.
Old 08-18-09, 05:27 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Dude had more assists than John Stockton
Maybe more friends too? haha

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
Sometimes there is a ( " I ") in the word TEAM. Buy that man a frosty ICE COLD BEER!!!
There may not be an "I" in team but there is certainly and "ME!" I applaud the sacrificial lambs, I really do! haha
Old 08-18-09, 05:52 PM
LexFather

Found this on another forum

Aug 15th, 2009

I was lucky enough to participate in an early focus group last year and got to see full scale models of this car in person. At that time I owned an 07' G35x just so you can understand my opinion.

When I walked into the section of the room that had the cars in it, they had this car lined up against the Lexus GS, BMW 5-Series, and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the M. My first thought was it was a G on steroids. I love the G lines, they just ooze power and performance.

This car doesn't look bad from any angle. They made us comment from at least 6 different viewpoints around the car. It drips muscle and luxury from everywhere. The other cars just didn't hold candle to this model.

The one thing I can't stand about the older Infiniti's is the interior. Just doesn't stand up to the exterior styling. Having sat in an interior mock-up, it addressed just about all of my issues. Their attention to detail even went down to the level of the interior door handles. The signature clock is even mother of pearl. It oozes luxury inside.

The V8 will be about 429 HP if they hold true to what they told us on the V8 focus group. They even had a hybrid group so that might be coming down the road. There will be some really cool tech coming in as options that will rival the new toys on the E-Class.

The current Japanese car owners all went nuts, the Euro car owners were mixed. I have to say that when they come out with the AWD M56x I will probably be first in line.

Old 08-18-09, 07:46 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

I am not sure if exterior wise its a "Fair" comparison because the GS is a 4-5yr yr old design, like the 5 series. The E is the only newly designed competitor in this focus group analysis so im sure that played a little role in peoples opinions on styling. Im not glorifying the E's styling though i think it is average but still i feel styling wise there would be a little bias.

The new M will sell a lot better for sure. Though Im very confident the next GS and 5 series will be a homerun by lexus and BMW nonetheless

Last edited by xcntuatd77; 08-18-09 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-18-09, 08:26 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Awesome stuff! I am still really moved that this car will come with well over 400hp in a regular non-sport/limited edition model.

Or maybe I shouldnt be, because the Jaguar XF Supercharged version now has 470hp.

But not to take anything away from its achievements, Infiniti is on it. They are making the right moves.
Old 08-18-09, 08:39 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

finally got a chance to look at the pics in detail. Im really really liking this design already.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread