Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 02:24 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

http://www.infinitiusa.com/allnewm/i...Home.P1#/Home/

Styling cues IMO are much better then the GS for a mid sized Luxury sedan. A few members are right Lexus needs to step up to the plate and deliver. I would consider a M anyday. I'm really considering a 06 or 07 M in the near future if my budget allows. The interior to me is almost as balanced as a new GS. The M may offer a bit more in the interior ( bells and whistles) catagory than the GS but its pretty close.
Old 09-14-09, 02:34 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Now having seen the pics at Infiniti, it doesn't look all that special. Seems like another mix of styling ques we've seen before plus a natural progression of the M styling. Center dash still has the pregnant ATM look, but now it's a stylish, pregnant ATM. Swoopy, sagging shoulderline reminds me of 1980's Buicks (soft and weak, like the center of the car is too heavy and breaking). Front end looks blunt and pug-nosed, just like the new Maxima.
Overall, not feeling Infiniti's design language.
Old 09-14-09, 02:42 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i should qualify what i said.
in the last 5 years, there hasn't been any mega buzz for a mainstream lexus sedan.

it has all been a big MEH. they're reliable and well built mostly. but they don't pique anyone's interest.

there hasn't been a lexus in recent times that has made me go "holy sht."

even when i first saw the LFA, i didn't go 'holy sht'. But for some reason, even though the Essence has a fish face, it made my jaw drop.
The IS-F was Lexus's big attention-getter in the last five years. The bread and butter sedans continue on with decent sales and are not to be tinkered with too much. Lexus's core market is a wealthier, smarter, executive, or successful person, not so much a car enthusiast or sport driver.
With the exception of the current SC, I think they've done a decent job with their current products and marketing.
Old 09-14-09, 11:51 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
20 pgs of forum discussion about an infiniti on a Lexus forum means its probably enticing . It will probably handle better than a GS as well
So all the huge threads on how horribly Acura is failing lately with their new products as well as Honda's poor decisions means new Honda/Acura products are enticing!?

Trying to correlate big threads = enticing product is really silly.

lexus has yet to come out with a product that is as exciting and highly discussed on multiple car forums.

infiniti has generated mega buzz with the Essence, and a little less with this M.
LF-A? Ever heard of it? IS-F gets lots of discussion on many car forums I've seen.

I must be living under a rock, because outside of car enthusiast forums, I have seen NO buzz regarding the Essence. Autoshow buzz for the Essence has been nothing special so far.

Infiniti has not even shown the new M in person yet, so how could it *possibly* have large buzz, outside of some car forums?

i should qualify what i said.
in the last 5 years, there hasn't been any mega buzz for a mainstream lexus sedan.

it has all been a big MEH. they're reliable and well built mostly. but they don't pique anyone's interest.

there hasn't been a lexus in recent times that has made me go "holy sht."

even when i first saw the LFA, i didn't go 'holy sht'. But for some reason, even though the Essence has a fish face, it made my jaw drop.
Your opinion alone does not equal "mega buzz" among the general population, or even among enthusiasts.

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Now having seen the pics at Infiniti, it doesn't look all that special. Seems like another mix of styling ques we've seen before plus a natural progression of the M styling. Center dash still has the pregnant ATM look, but now it's a stylish, pregnant ATM. Swoopy, sagging shoulderline reminds me of 1980's Buicks (soft and weak, like the center of the car is too heavy and breaking). Front end looks blunt and pug-nosed, just like the new Maxima.
Overall, not feeling Infiniti's design language.
Agreed. The market seems to agree, so far the new Infiniti EX and FX (with Infiniti's new "wavy" design language) are selling quite poorly. Except for the G sedan and coupe, all other Infiniti products are selling quite poorly. We shall see how the new M does in the market.
Old 09-14-09, 01:07 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

Agreed. The market seems to agree, so far the new Infiniti EX and FX (with Infiniti's new "wavy" design language) are selling quite poorly. Except for the G sedan and coupe, all other Infiniti products are selling quite poorly. We shall see how the new M does in the market.

yeah, we shall wait and see.

the GS does equally poorly right now. and outside the RX, there isn't another hot selling lexus SUV. The general public likes the RX formula, and hates the EX.
Old 09-14-09, 01:09 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
I see a little bit of Buick...

That is the main reason I am not feeling this car.
Old 09-14-09, 02:03 PM
LexFather

Are we really going to get in a pissing match over what car is talked about most on the internet?

Seriously?

Old 09-14-09, 02:49 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows or cares anymore about what this thread is about....???
Old 09-14-09, 03:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

the GS does equally poorly right now. and outside the RX, there isn't another hot selling lexus SUV. The general public likes the RX formula, and hates the EX.
That's awfully specific talking about "hot selling Lexus SUVs". I will go one further; outside of the RX, and possibly Escalade, right now there are NO hot selling SUVs out there.

The X5, MDX, and ML are all decent sales-wise, but none of them are "hot".

In my reply, I was talking about Infiniti's lineup in general. The FX and EX so far are the only new models putting Infiniti's new design language to full use. The G sedan/coupe don't really count, as they look too similar to their previous-gen models.

The M will be the first new Infiniti car/sedan making full use of the "wavy" styling theme, followed by the new QX.

It's also a problem for Infiniti that their lineup is comprised mostly of SUVs.

Lexus has the IS, ES, and RX as being good solid sellers, and the HS is set to join that list too.
Old 09-14-09, 04:26 PM
LexFather

1. RX is BRAND NEW this year and the volume SUV
2. We have threads RIGHT NOW about the NEW GX. The current one is what on its 7th year?
3. The LX has been a very limited production model since 1995.
4. The GS is now in its what 5th year of production and is aging well. Sales are down big like everyone short of the 5/E class. I don't want my Lexus redesigned every 3/5 years with big changes like its a damn Honda. Its a luxury car.

Old 09-17-09, 12:33 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

real world pic. Bigger view at http://jalopnik.com/5361884/2011-inf...%20foam-photos
Old 09-17-09, 12:38 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see the real pic, but I need to see this in the flesh to really know if I like it or not.
Old 09-17-09, 12:43 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the driver's side door not fully shut in this pic or is the fit and finish really that bad on this one? haha
Old 09-17-09, 12:44 PM
Essence
Driver School Candidate

Its beautiful, taking into account proportions in the picture (front wheel larger than rear).

However the front bumper could have been designed better.
Old 09-17-09, 01:08 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Handsome in that pic, but nothing special. Meh.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread