Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 03:03 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Och

I like this pic. The rear looks Japanese.
The rear looks like a cross between the current Camry and the old Infiniti I35. It is the worst and most disappointing styling execution of the new M, kind of like how most don't like the rear on the current M. I actually prefer the rear of the current one to this boring dopey rear end. How hard is it to design a decent rear, the front looks pretty good. I really hope I like it better in person but I was not expecting the new M to be so conservative, bland, and so similar to a G37. I figured the design would stand out much more from the crowd and really create a sensation good or bad..
Old 10-19-09, 03:22 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i agree. they should have had a variation of the trademark Essence rear end. similar to the FX.
Old 10-19-09, 03:59 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I like the car and I still want to see it in person but the rear is disappointing. It seems like when they got to the rear of the car someone got lazy, kinda weak oh the Max looks amazing.
Old 10-23-09, 05:33 AM
LexFather

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10bt...embedded#at=52

Its really funny to see Ghosen diss hybrids and now here is a car following the GS 450h. I guess that is why I am interested and I am happy to see it offered.

Not sure I recall a time styling for me went from "meh" to "wow, I get it" to "total meh". Very very let down by the styling. Interior seems very well made but way to many curves for me (busy). Overall seems like a solid effort.

After several years of selling small volumes of its Altima sedan using Toyota's hybrid drive system, Nissan is finally ready to roll out its first gas-electric model using technology developed in-house. The first model to be so equipped will be the new Fuga sedan, a car sold in North America as the Infiniti M.

Unlike the electronic CVT systems used by Toyota, Ford and General Motors, Nissan has opted to configure its system using a conventional automatic transmission – in this case, a seven-speed unit. The electric drive is provided by a single motor sandwiched between the engine and the transmission. A pair of electronically controlled clutches sit on either side of the motor allowing the engine or the engine/motor combination to be completely de-coupled from the transmission.

According to Nissan, the motor has an output of 50 kW (67 horsepower) and 270 Nm (200 pound-feet) of torque, and the system is able to propel the Fuga/M electrically at speeds of up 62 mph. The engine is a 3.5-liter version of Nissan's renowned VQ V6 modified to run with an Atkinson cycle for greater efficiency.

Koichi Hayasaki, senior manager of Nissan's hybrid program, tells us that the final numbers on the engine output as well as the net combined output won't be released until sometime in 2010. As is the way these days, energy storage needs are handled by a lithium ion battery pack using the same kind of modules that are going into the LEAF EV.

The Infiniti M hybrid is expected to arrive in the U.S. sometime in 2011 as a 2012 model.

Last edited by LexFather; 10-23-09 at 05:47 AM.

Old 10-23-09, 08:08 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rear is very camry like. overall, i'm just not feelin it. it's just looks like a bigger G37 to me.
Old 10-23-09, 08:19 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

swooping lines on the side kinda reminds me of equus and lacrosse.
Old 10-23-09, 08:27 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I eagerly anticipate the next-gen GS, and how it will compare with this M, not to mention the E, 5, A6.
Old 10-23-09, 10:24 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something of the interior makes me feel like the car looks very FAT.

like when too large girls wear too-small of a garment and it just look awkward...
Old 10-23-09, 10:25 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u10bt...embedded#at=52

Its really funny to see Ghosen diss hybrids and now here is a car following the GS 450h. I guess that is why I am interested and I am happy to see it offered.

Not sure I recall a time styling for me went from "meh" to "wow, I get it" to "total meh". Very very let down by the styling. Interior seems very well made but way to many curves for me (busy). Overall seems like a solid effort.

After several years of selling small volumes of its Altima sedan using Toyota's hybrid drive system, Nissan is finally ready to roll out its first gas-electric model using technology developed in-house. The first model to be so equipped will be the new Fuga sedan, a car sold in North America as the Infiniti M.

Unlike the electronic CVT systems used by Toyota, Ford and General Motors, Nissan has opted to configure its system using a conventional automatic transmission – in this case, a seven-speed unit. The electric drive is provided by a single motor sandwiched between the engine and the transmission. A pair of electronically controlled clutches sit on either side of the motor allowing the engine or the engine/motor combination to be completely de-coupled from the transmission.

According to Nissan, the motor has an output of 50 kW (67 horsepower) and 270 Nm (200 pound-feet) of torque, and the system is able to propel the Fuga/M electrically at speeds of up 62 mph. The engine is a 3.5-liter version of Nissan's renowned VQ V6 modified to run with an Atkinson cycle for greater efficiency.

Koichi Hayasaki, senior manager of Nissan's hybrid program, tells us that the final numbers on the engine output as well as the net combined output won't be released until sometime in 2010. As is the way these days, energy storage needs are handled by a lithium ion battery pack using the same kind of modules that are going into the LEAF EV.

The Infiniti M hybrid is expected to arrive in the U.S. sometime in 2011 as a 2012 model.
Wow, nice images. Me likey

With that said, I'm highly considering this as a graduation car hehe. If Toyota doesn't release an LHD version of the new Mark X, then I guess this car would be a solid choice hehe.

One can keep on dreaming

Old 10-23-09, 10:27 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by whoster
something of the interior makes me feel like the car looks very FAT.

like when too large girls wear too-small of a garment and it just look awkward...
You mean all the swoopy curves and bulges ?
Old 10-23-09, 10:29 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

I like this car but the car in the "Energy Flow" graph is freaking GORGEOUS
Old 10-24-09, 07:38 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I like this car but the car in the "Energy Flow" graph is freaking GORGEOUS
Hehe those must be some amazing computer-graphics artists/designers there.

Old 11-23-09, 03:25 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see Glacier Frost Mica.
Old 11-23-09, 03:35 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

I like the current M35, but this is a major step down. The exterior is ugly but less so than the interior. The steering wheel is ... I wouldn't buy this car based solely on that and the gearshift. Not to mention the hybrid assist rather than full hybrid. Really disappointing to me. I too highly anticipate the release of the 4GS, I think Lexus has what it takes to make it class leading.
Old 11-23-09, 03:54 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Wow, this car really pales in comparison to the new BMW 5er...

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread