Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 03:33 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the sketches look alright.

the frumpy butt takes a little getting used to
Old 07-23-09, 04:58 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
really don't like the tail lights of the future M and the current M. Other than the tail lights, car looks 99% like the current model... boooooooooooo!
I seriously doubt that sketch means anything. We'll see next month at the "virtual" reveal.
Old 07-23-09, 08:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have to admit the picture looks way to much like the current model. Then again look at the redesign on the new G. Its not a big departure from the old generation.
Old 07-23-09, 09:18 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
That has been my hope as well.

To differentiate the ES350 from the GS350, the next GS must be sportier, faster, maybe roomier, and maybe a little less expensive compared to the competition. And hopefully, the GS460 gets the power boost needed to make it 380hp, not 330hp...
It should be a GS500, but probably not I guess ...
Old 07-23-09, 09:26 PM
LexFather

I hope to see a GS coupe....or/and GS-F, that is what will elevate it with the XF, 5, E, A6....

I wouldn't be surprised to see another FM based coupe here....M37/50 coupe with "essence" cues..

Old 07-23-09, 10:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I am really looking forward to the new M and have a feeling this car is going to be pretty unique and a big step up for Infiniti and will be a big deal. When I sat in it and drove it I was very impressed and it usually gets rated very well. I think the current model is nice but unfortunately unless you get the sport version in darker colors or white the styling is really bland and looks pretty much like a Nissan. The new Maxima's exterior styling is much more attractive then the G37/M and that is not good for Infiniti.

I hope to god Infiniti is working on a higher end performance M type coupe that is as sleek or sleeker then the original G35c was, if they priced it right it would be a huge hit for Infiniti. Style it similarly like that concept they had a few months ago but drop the insane hybrid turbo powerplant that will end up making it cost a fortune and replace it with a regular v6 and v8.
Old 07-23-09, 11:40 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
I am really looking forward to the new M and have a feeling this car is going to be pretty unique and a big step up for Infiniti and will be a big deal. When I sat in it and drove it I was very impressed and it usually gets rated very well. I think the current model is nice but unfortunately unless you get the sport version in darker colors or white the styling is really bland and looks pretty much like a Nissan. The new Maxima's exterior styling is much more attractive then the G37/M and that is not good for Infiniti.

I hope to god Infiniti is working on a higher end performance M type coupe that is as sleek or sleeker then the original G35c was, if they priced it right it would be a huge hit for Infiniti. Style it similarly like that concept they had a few months ago but drop the insane hybrid turbo powerplant that will end up making it cost a fortune and replace it with a regular v6 and v8.
Well don't forget it is a Nissan Fuga just like the Nissan Skyline rebadge so they have to look like other Nissans. They are Nissans.

Sales are completely in the toilet for the brand. With a new M37/50 here sales might hit 15000-2000 a month initially which will help but again overall sales will sag as the new EX and FX are complete failures, the G37 will be older and not sure if or when the new QX arrives based off the Nissan Petrol.

With the yen trading strong and the economy falling right as they invested into going into Europe I just don't see how this new vehicle will help much.

I honestly don't see where they are going with this brand. They cannot sustain these small sales for long and Ghosen's butt is on the line here. With Lexus offering more sport and Acura offering AWD (and Acura buyers seem to be VERY loyal) and Audi improving every year well, its not looking good.

Old 07-24-09, 12:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well don't forget it is a Nissan Fuga just like the Nissan Skyline rebadge so they have to look like other Nissans. They are Nissans.

Sales are completely in the toilet for the brand. With a new M37/50 here sales might hit 15000-2000 a month initially which will help but again overall sales will sag as the new EX and FX are complete failures, the G37 will be older and not sure if or when the new QX arrives based off the Nissan Petrol.

With the yen trading strong and the economy falling right as they invested into going into Europe I just don't see how this new vehicle will help much.

I honestly don't see where they are going with this brand. They cannot sustain these small sales for long and Ghosen's butt is on the line here. With Lexus offering more sport and Acura offering AWD (and Acura buyers seem to be VERY loyal) and Audi improving every year well, its not looking good.
The M35/45 generally sells more per month then the Lexus GS, that is huge considering the following the 2nd GS had/has, Lexus as a brand is much more recognized and respected then Infiniti, and how the first M45 had absolutely no following and was a complete failure with barely any sales. RL sales numbers even looked great compared to the first M45 sales numbers. For it to sell in higher numbers then a comparable Lexus model month to month is a very important achievement for Infiniti even if it still does not sell in very large numbers.

The current M does very well in comparisons and has been a top pick on Consumer reports. The current M has a decent following and if they get the styling inside/out, performance, and quality right and it is greatly improved over the current one I see it doing pretty well. Yes the economy is bad and it is not a great time for those type of cars but who knows, I am sure if it is successful or at least successful for the current economy and it gets rated well again I think Infiniti will do a sexy performance lux/coupe version as they really need a more upscale performance coupe in their lineup that can go against the 6 series, XK, and SL.

I don't think Infiniti is going to mess around with the new M and I hope we are pleasantly surprised but then again styling has been more miss then hit these days with most new models I have been seeing unfortunately.
Old 07-24-09, 12:36 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

I hope it's not like the sketch. The sagging shoulder line and droppy butt is weak, feminine, and bloated. Car needs sharper lines and a decent *** that says I have junk in the trunk. Remember the lammented J30?
Old 07-24-09, 06:44 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's always been true but I think Infiniti is really targeting the European market and they know they have to come to the table with something top class that sets the brand apart from everything else. That has not been the case in the past when they were mainly competing in the North American market.
Old 07-24-09, 08:55 AM
LexFather

The M35/45 generally sells more per month then the Lexus GS, that is huge considering the following the 2nd GS had/has, Lexus as a brand is much more recognized and respected then Infiniti, and how the first M45 had absolutely no following and was a complete failure with barely any sales. RL sales numbers even looked great compared to the first M45 sales numbers. For it to sell in higher numbers then a comparable Lexus model month to month is a very important achievement for Infiniti even if it still does not sell in very large numbers.

The current M does very well in comparisons and has been a top pick on Consumer reports. The current M has a decent following and if they get the styling inside/out, performance, and quality right and it is greatly improved over the current one I see it doing pretty well. Yes the economy is bad and it is not a great time for those type of cars but who knows, I am sure if it is successful or at least successful for the current economy and it gets rated well again I think Infiniti will do a sexy performance lux/coupe version as they really need a more upscale performance coupe in their lineup that can go against the 6 series, XK, and SL.

I don't think Infiniti is going to mess around with the new M and I hope we are pleasantly surprised but then again styling has been more miss then hit these days with most new models I have been seeing unfortunately.
Did you miss the part of the lease deals I mentioned? Since day one you can lease a M35 for $399 a month. Lexus has NOTHING CLOSE for the GS for leases. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 deals its entire life cycle and its at $699/$799 a month or something like that. I am not taking anything away from the car, it is very good competition and has really done well for Infinity but facts are facts. Without those continuous cheap leases, it would have sold worse. I agree that even with leases it was incredible to see this car sell as well or even better sometimes as the GS, though the GS has no lease deals and is more expensive.

Again the currnet M35/45 is really a great vehicle but the brand continues to languish so EVEN with a stellar M37/50 things will stay the same for the brand.

Old 07-24-09, 09:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Did you miss the part of the lease deals I mentioned? Since day one you can lease a M35 for $399 a month. Lexus has NOTHING CLOSE for the GS for leases. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 deals its entire life cycle and its at $699/$799 a month or something like that. I am not taking anything away from the car, it is very good competition and has really done well for Infinity but facts are facts. Without those continuous cheap leases, it would have sold worse. I agree that even with leases it was incredible to see this car sell as well or even better sometimes as the GS, though the GS has no lease deals and is more expensive.

Again the currnet M35/45 is really a great vehicle but the brand continues to languish so EVEN with a stellar M37/50 things will stay the same for the brand.
You should looks around harder and talk to more dealerships because they are and were offering very good deals on 3rd Gen GSs. Maybe not lease deals but if you are buying it you can/could have got very good deals because it is not selling all that well. I am in a hurry and can't go into details but I was offered a great deal for a new GS for a trade in on my 2nd Gen and the salesman said it was mainly because of lack of demand for the 3rd Gen l and there was pretty high demand for 2nd Gens, he approached me with the deal. Pretty much all companies especially lux companies are offering their cars at much lower prices then they normally would these days and many Lexus dealers were offering good deals on the GS even before the economy took a dump because it was not selling well. I am sure Infiniti is offering better deals/discounts on the Ms and better lease deals but it is not like Lexus could not due the same with the GS if they wanted to. No point in being stubborn if you keep losing sales to other brands. I think the high consumer reports ratings and the generally good reviews it receives contributes to a large amount of sales or interest for the M, not just good lease deals but that will also play a part.
Old 07-24-09, 09:28 AM
LexFather

You should looks around harder and talk to more dealerships because they are and were offering very good deals on 3rd Gen GSs. Maybe not lease deals but if you are buying it you can/could have got very good deals because it is not selling all that well. I am in a hurry and can't go into details but I was offered a great deal for a new GS for a trade in on my 2nd Gen and the salesman said it was mainly because of lack of demand for the 3rd Gen l and there was pretty high demand for 2nd Gens, he approached me with the deal. Pretty much all companies especially lux companies are offering their cars at much lower prices then they normally would these days and many Lexus dealers were offering good deals on the GS even before the economy took a dump because it was not selling well. I am sure Infiniti is offering better deals/discounts on the Ms and better lease deals but it is not like Lexus could not due the same with the GS if they wanted to. No point in being stubborn if you keep losing sales to other brands. I think the high consumer reports ratings and the generally good reviews it receives contributes to a large amount of sales or interest for the M, not just good lease deals but that will also play a part.
Right which is my point that people rather buy a more expensive GS which hasn't been a magazine darling compared to the M35/45 which was much better received by mags but has to resort to lease deals and 0% or 1.9% financing its ENTIRE life cycle.

I never said the GS didn't have deals but you are talking about NOW, I am talking about an entire 5 year life cycle for the M35/45.

So bottom line this is whats going to happen to this car as I'm usually pretty accurate.
1. New car debuts, some will love it, others will say still looks like a Nissan, some will say didn't change much.
2. People will say "GS is old, blah blah blah, where is the new one"
3. Car will debut with no financing lease deals initially. Sales will of course be higher. Marketing will spin it as "sales up 89% (or whatever).
4. Reviews should be solid, more power, still FM based, once the steering holds up should continue to be a great vehicle.
5. After 2 months and realizing sales targets will be missed, Infiniti will run to the same 0%/.9%/1.9% financing and offer lease deals to prop up sales.
6. Sales will clearly beat the GS as we are comparing a new vs old car. People ringing GS death toll.
7. Infiniti sales will continue to languish as this new car can't prop up declining sales from everything else. No Mojo comes to mind.
8. I will post my usual "told yall what was going to happen".

Old 08-05-09, 10:01 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

official:

I think we will see some Essence in this car.
Old 08-05-09, 10:03 AM
LexFather

I told yall the C-pillar would be from the Essence

These penstroke teasers are so lame.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread