Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 05:39 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy crap, an m25?
is it even going to be able to move that tank?
Old 09-21-10, 07:52 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
s4 goes with v6 mostly coz' of emission regulations. same thing with other manufacturers going for FI setup vs NA.
And the emission regulated S4 is faster than the outgoing V8.
Old 09-21-10, 10:46 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the M25 come with the girls?
Old 09-21-10, 10:47 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS69

The 2011 Infiniti M is an ambitious car. Not only must it compete in the ultra-competitive midsize luxury sedan segment against the likes of the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E-Class, but the M also carries the load as Infiniti's flagship.

the more i look at it, the more i see a roach with a truck front end.
that huge grille belongs on a truck
Old 09-21-10, 11:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
And the emission regulated S4 is faster than the outgoing V8.
and what is your point? your posts have no logic. you missing the point that the new s4 v6 has turbo on it? bottom line is sticking a turbo to the v8 and it will be more powerful too. FI doesn't come free without compromise. what does that have anything to do with your original attempted statement of "If the V6 can do 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds, why even have a V8?" anyway? absolutely nothing. maybe you want to question why bother making the s4 when there is already the normal a4? that seems to be more in line with your argument. otherwise you are just drifting away

Last edited by rominl; 09-21-10 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-22-10, 08:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,413 Likes on 1,582 Posts

lol @ rominl v. SLegacy99
Old 09-22-10, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
lol @ rominl v. SLegacy99
lol now i totally understand. i think m37 is overkill, m25 sounds like it. just make sure it has a v4!
Old 09-22-10, 09:37 AM
LexFather

lol now i totally understand. i think m37 is overkill, m25 sounds like it. just make sure it has a v4!
I think a M25 would actually do well, priced around 40-42k. Hell works for BMW with their 525/528. Many people don't care about HP, they just want a nice car.

That said when its time for a "M" there is only one true option. Surely you know all about it.

Old 09-22-10, 09:56 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I still think an M25 (god that sounds weird) is overkill especially since most speed limits are ~65mph. I'll get myself a cheetah
Old 09-22-10, 10:02 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguy16
holy crap, an m25?

It will probably move it along fine for grocery shoppers. There are lots of old cars out there with similar power to weight ratio and a *gasp* 4 spd auto that drives around without much problem.
Old 09-22-10, 11:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GSteg
I still think an M25 (god that sounds weird) is overkill especially since most speed limits are ~65mph. I'll get myself a cheetah
hahaha i love the cheetah idea, but that means your trips must be short
Old 09-22-10, 01:08 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shyguy16
holy crap, an m25?
No it won't. The M25 solely exists so people will be forced to buy the more expensive M37 and M56. It's a brilliant move by Infiniti!

Old 11-18-10, 04:41 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Default Infiniti M35h: 360hp and 27mpg

Looks like Nissan's own version of hybrid system isn't too shabby after all, beating the 4-year-old GS450h by 21hp and 3mpg, but of course that is mostly a result of using the more costly Li-ion batteries instead of Ni-MH ones. Hopefully Lexus's next-gen hybrids will switch to Li-ion batteries as well, since as a premium brand its products should afford to use more premium components.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/18/2...e-lux-la-2010/

Press Release:

2012 Infiniti M Hybrid Debuts at L.A. Auto Show – Only Vehicle to Offer More Than 350 Horsepower and 30 MPG

Infiniti's First Hybrid Sedan Delivers V8 Power and 4-Cylinder Fuel Economy, Set to Go On Sale At Infiniti Retailers Nationwide in Spring 2011

Infiniti today unveiled its first production hybrid performance luxury sedan, the all-new 2012 Infiniti M35h, during a press conference at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The new Infiniti Hybrid, which is set to launch at Infiniti retailers nationwide in spring 2011, stands to break new ground as the first true luxury performance "driver's" hybrid – and the only vehicle to offer more than 350 horsepower and 30 miles per gallon fuel economy (estimated Highway mpg, official EPA figures not available at press time).

Speaking at the North American unveiling, Infiniti Vice President Ben Poore stated, "Simply put, the Infiniti M Hybrid will be the most advanced performance luxury sedan hybrid in the market, delivering V8 power and 4-cylinder fuel efficiency."

The 2012 Infiniti M Hybrid will be on display at the Los Angeles Convention Center, along with the complete line of 2011 Infiniti vehicles, from Friday, Nov. 19th through Sunday, Nov. 28th.

The Infiniti M35h features the all-new Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ system, an advanced one-motor, two-clutch parallel hybrid design that combines precise, high-speed motor control technology, which, enabled by the powerful Lithium-ion battery, allows power to be delivered directly to the vehicle's 7-speed automatic transmission. The system also utilizes an innovative Hybrid Electric Power Steering system and Electric Driven Intelligent Brake regenerative braking system, both which help conserve energy and provide a natural, enjoyable driving feel.

The Infiniti M Hybrid's exhilarating driving performance also greatly benefits from use of Infiniti's proven 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine, which paired with the 50 kW electric motor, provides a hybrid system net power of 360 horsepower.

Torque figures are equally impressive, with the V6's 258 lb-ft of toque combining with the electric motor's immediately available 199 lb-ft of torque to provide strong performance. The result is a vehicle that first and foremost delivers a refined driving experience, along with expected best-in-class Combined fuel economy (estimated fuel economy 30 mpg Highway, 25 mpg City and 27 mpg Combined).

In addition, the new Infiniti M35h can drive on electric power alone at speeds up to 62 mph and can travel on electric propulsion for up to 1.2 miles at a time. Tests have shown that in mixed diving, the Infiniti M35h is able to drive in electric only mode for as much as 50% of the time. And, with its compact hybrid system design, the new Infiniti M35h also delivers uncompromised interior space and competitive trunk space.

The M35h also embraces the essence of all things Infiniti – style, performance, luxury, craftsmanship and technology. The Infiniti M's dramatic, sports styling is matched with a roomy, comfortable interior environment featuring standard leather-appointed seating, Japanese Ash wood trim or available silver powdered genuine White Ash wood trim, and available premium audio and climate control systems.

Standard M35h features include Active Noise Control, Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, XM® Satellite Radio (XM® subscription required, sold separately), Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and power sliding glass tinted moonroof. The Infiniti M Hybrid is also available with advanced technology features, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI), Forest Air® system, Active Trace Control, and Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System.

Also at the auto show, Infiniti was named by the Automotive Lease Guide as the "Best Luxury Brand" in their 12th annual ALG Residual Value Awards for having the best resale value of any luxury brand in America. The 2011 Infiniti QX56 was named "Best Luxury Fullsize Utility" vehicle.

"Within the last year, we've completely redesigned or enhanced 80% of our line-up. Since launch, the all-new 2011 Infiniti M and Infiniti QX are experiencing tremendous sales growth, with increases of more than 100% and nearly 200% respectively," Poore added. "It's an exciting time for Infiniti."
Old 11-18-10, 04:57 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Finally, a luxury performance hybrid that makes sense
30 MPG and 360hp? sign me up..
Old 11-18-10, 05:10 PM
LexFather

LMFAO at "finally a luxury performance hybrid that mAkes sense", nearly 5 years later. Any more bait you want to thow after your comments in the first two posts?

I think it's great they finally have a hybrid with a small gain in power and solid improvement in MPG. I want to drive it as soon as I can. Wonder will it be faster than the GS 450h?

The Nissan Fuga reviews have been solid as well. Shame they ripped the "h" from Lexus.

Lol at ion being more premium with 20 more hp. Toyota has a huge investment in their technology thus they will bot waste the resources. You really shouldn't comment on premium.

Last edited by LexFather; 11-18-10 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread