Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 08:49 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The M is a horrible car, I drove it recently and it just doesnt belong in its pricing category. I think the G37 does pretty much everything better.
Old 04-14-14, 09:20 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
The M is a horrible car, I drove it recently and it just doesnt belong in its pricing category. I think the G37 does pretty much everything better.
Which is also sad, because the Q50 should be replacing the G37, but it ain't great either!
Old 04-16-14, 03:26 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, I obviously know that I'm in the absolute minority on this but I just want to say that in my humble and most honest opinion:

THIS IS JUST FANTASTIC!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-14, 03:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

not sure if the new model is out yet but I saw a new one yesterday the sport model and looked really good. At one time I wanted the 06/07 model m45 with 345hp.
Old 04-16-14, 04:13 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

certainly better looking than the current one.
but selling this tweener is lazy.

Old 04-16-14, 04:13 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb MotorAuthority

Infiniti has revealed details of its latest Q70, updated for the 2015 model year with a subtle styling refresh and the option of a long-wheelbase model. These join a raft of standard safety features to ensure the Q70 remains competitive in an ever more advanced market sector.

Only the eagle-eyed will spot most of the car's exterior changes, the Q70 largely keeping Infiniti's signature flowing curves and sharply-contoured hips as before. The Q70 does get a new set of headlights though, and a redesigned "double arch" grille has a new 3-dimensional look thanks to its waved mesh finish. The front bumper has also been reworked, with new foglight units integrated into a chrome detail low on the bumper.

At the rear, there's more light-work, with a distinctive LED signature highlighting each unit. The top of the trunk lid has been flattened off and the bumper slimmed down in an attempt to make the car look longer and lower. Throw in a redesigned chrome strip and you're there, while sport models get a new, wider front bumper, a set of 20-inch alloy wheels and low-profile tires, and an "athletic" rear bumper design finished in high gloss black. The upshot of all this work is a low drag coefficient--from 0.26 for the hybrid, to 0.28 on the Sport.

The subtle changes continue inside--unless you opt for the new long-wheelbase version that is, where the extra 5.9 inches of legroom is much more apparent. Knee room is increased to 32.4 inches, a class-best figure, while clambering in and out is made easier by larger rear doors with an auto-closing feature. Other rear-seat features include heated seats, reading lights and a 12v power outlet.

All new Q70s benefit from extra sound insulation, improved sealing and stiffer wheels, in an effort to reduce road noise. This aspect has been enhanced further with Active Noise Control to cancel out exterior hums to those inside. Handcrafted wood and leather is standard across the range, as is a 7-inch full-color driver information display. Driver and front passenger also get 10-way adjustable heated seats. Features such as Enhanced Intelligent Key, Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic temperature control, Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System and Infiniti Connection telematics return for the 2015 car.

V-6 and V-8 gasoline engines also return. The range starts with a 330-horsepower, 270 lb-ft 3.7-liter V-6, and ends with a 420-hp, 417 lb-ft 5.6-liter V-8. Those figures are revised down to 416-hp and 414 lb-ft for the long-wheelbase model. For those seeking higher fuel economy figures, a 302-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 hybrid model remains available. In its 2014 guise, the Q70 hybrid managed an EPA-rated 31 mpg combined (29 mpg city, 34 mpg highway). All models use a 7-speed automatic transmission and most offer the option of rear-wheel or all-wheel drive.

As ever, tech features heavily too. New to the Q70 following introductions on other Infiniti and Nissan models, the Q70 features Predictive Forward Collision Warning, Around View Monitor (for 360 views around the car when parking), Backup Collision Intervention to prevent backup accidents, and Forward Emergency Braking to mitigate the risk of forward collisions.

Old 04-16-14, 04:22 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Better, but still prefer most others in this class. What I can see happening now is that the Germans will offer the LWB versions of the 5/E/A6 here within the next couple of years. They must compete in every market.
Old 04-16-14, 04:37 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks a lot better. Disappointed they're still using the small[er] nav screen...i hate the fact that it doesn't fill in the whole area.

Originally Posted by GFerg
What I can see happening now is that the Germans will offer the LWB versions of the 5/E/A6 here within the next couple of years. They must compete in every market.
You know, I'm just not so sure about that. Unlike Infiniti, the German's have short-wheelbase versions of their flagship sedans (7-series, A8). Mercedes may see some room to do this though. Will be interesting to watch- given the Germans' recent behavior I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 04-16-14, 05:41 AM
LexFather

What minor changes. It needs serious help they should have put more effort into it. The name change is already confusing.

Old 04-16-14, 05:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

interesting there bringing back the V8 version. the numbers are impressive
Old 04-16-14, 06:09 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice update, all in all! Hopefully they've made some refinements to the suspension and steering as well.
Old 04-16-14, 06:13 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Now, I obviously know that I'm in the absolute minority on this but I just want to say that in my humble and most honest opinion:

THIS IS JUST FANTASTIC!!!
agreed, huge improvement!
Old 04-16-14, 06:28 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
What minor changes. It needs serious help they should have put more effort into it. The name change is already confusing.
Agreed. I still can't believe they're using that basic screen in between the gauges, for example. Infiniti is clearly saving their money for something. Infiniti clearly isn't investing in the electrical architecture of this car. Makes me wonder what the next plans are for the FM platform. Will we see a new platform for the FX and M?
Old 04-16-14, 07:41 AM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Refreshes in general are usually minor changes. This refresh actually looks much more substantial than any refresh I've seen from any other luxury brand in recent years. This updated design looks fantastic in my opinion and looks like the older brother of the Q50, as it should. You've had a year and a half to clear your confusion on the name change. If Audi A4, A6, Q5, Q7 doesn't confuse you, then neither should Infiniti Q50, Q70.
Old 04-16-14, 07:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Agreed. I still can't believe they're using that basic screen in between the gauges, for example. Infiniti is clearly saving their money for something. Infiniti clearly isn't investing in the electrical architecture of this car. Makes me wonder what the next plans are for the FM platform. Will we see a new platform for the FX and M?
I guess they figure ride it out again?

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
This refresh actually looks much more substantial than any refresh I've seen from any other luxury brand in recent years. This updated design looks fantastic in my opinion and looks like the older brother of the Q50, as it should. You've had a year and a half to clear your confusion on the name change. If Audi A4, A6, Q5, Q7 doesn't confuse you, then neither should Infiniti Q50, Q70.
I think we are all quite aware what a refresh is. Not sure how you find this very mild touch up more substantial than any other luxury brand lol.

Its not me, its consumers, their own dealerships, the industry and the name change has been a disaster unfortunately. Save your patronizing post for yourself please.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread