Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 10:00 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Thank you for proving my point with the official sales numbers.
So as I said, the previous generation M & GS had similar sales numbers and the M sometimes outsold the GS.
Its funny how you skipped 2002-2004
Old 04-16-14, 11:57 AM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Its funny how you skipped 2002-2004
Well, because that was when the first generation M was out (at least as a sedan I mean), and it came standard with a V8 and no V6 option. So it's not really fair to compare the 2002-2004 M numbers with anything else in the same class at that time. The 2006 M which came out in February of '05 (If I remember correctly) changed everything and sales quadrupled.
Old 04-16-14, 12:02 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gymratter
lol at Infiniti sales. its pretty sad when Acura out sales them.
I believe at one time Nissan considered dropping Infiniti.
Old 04-16-14, 12:09 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Well, because that was when the first generation M was out (at least as a sedan I mean), and it came standard with a V8 and no V6 option. So it's not really fair to compare the 2002-2004 M numbers with anything else in the same class at that time. The 2006 M which came out in February of '05 (If I remember correctly) changed everything and sales quadrupled.
If we go way back in time the M had poor sales and short life cycles (F31 and Y34). You're correct the Y50 was the most successful M. As well all know the current Y51 isn't cutting it either. Only time will time if this refresh/LB model will have any effects in helping sales.
Old 04-16-14, 12:17 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

lol at Infiniti sales. its pretty sad when Acura out sales them.
Pretty sad? Let's see how many $75k full size luxury barges Acura can sell per month. Infiniti typically sells about 1000 or more. Acura? none (oh that's right they don't even offer one).
Old 04-16-14, 12:24 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Pretty sad? Let's see how many $75k full size luxury barges Acura can sell per month. Infiniti typically sells about 1000 or more. Acura? none (oh that's right they don't even offer one).
lol, your such an Infiniti fanboy... the M/Q70 is a $50k car like the RLX. at least Acura is coming out with a halo sports car.
Old 04-16-14, 12:27 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 817 Likes on 571 Posts

I think he's referring to the QX80 which starts ~$62k and can option up to $80k (MSRP of course)
Old 04-16-14, 12:30 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Allen K
I think he's referring to the QX80 which starts ~$62k and can option up to $80k (MSRP of course)
oh ok, well what was being talked about before was overall sales of the brand.

with that said at least Acura had peak sales of 200k+ a year. Infiniti on the other hand has never even made it past the 150k mark.

not hating, just stating facts.
Old 04-16-14, 12:36 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

lol, your such an Infiniti fanboy... the M/Q70 is a $50k car like the RLX. at least Acura is coming out with a halo sports car.
The RLX is FWD based, the Q70 is RWD based. The RLX does not now nor has ever offered a V8, the Q70 does and always has. The RLX has always been a sales flop and the aging M/Q70 which has been out since 2010 still outsells it. Infiniti is also working on a halo sports car that will make the NSX look like a joke (GTR anyone?)

Originally Posted by Allen K
this.

oh ok, well what was being talked about before was overall sales of the brand.

with that said at least Acura had peak sales of 200k+ a year. Infiniti on the other hand has never even made it past the 150k mark.

not hating, just stating facts.
Well when your entire brand is based on selling rebadged Civics and Accords, it's easier to keep prices low and be competitive. Infinitis have always been more expensive than Acuras and have always commanded a higher price point. The fact that they move 1000 units on average of a $75k luxury SUV is proof that people are willing to pay more for an Infiniti than any Acura. The brand new RLX has never sold 1000 units ever and it just came out last year (not to mention that they're about 20k cheaper than a QX80).
Old 04-16-14, 12:45 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

The RLX is FWD based, the Q70 is RWD based. The RLX does not now nor has ever offered a V8, the Q70 does and always has. The RLX has always been a sales flop and the aging M/Q70 which has been out since 2010 still outsells it. Infiniti is also working on a halo sports car that will make the NSX look like a joke (GTR anyone?)

Well when your entire brand is based on selling rebadged Civics and Accords, it's easier to keep prices low and be competitive. Infinitis have always been more expensive than Acuras and have always commanded a higher price point. The fact that they move 1000 units on average of a $75k luxury SUV is proof that people are willing to pay more for an Infiniti than any Acura. The brand new RLX has never sold 1000 units ever and it just came out last year (not to mention that they're about 20k cheaper than a QX80).
the GT-R isn't an Infiniti...

some models are higher priced, but for the most part they are very similar.

RLX $48k while Q70 $49k
TL $36 while Q50 $37k
TSX $30k while G $33k

RDX $34k while QX50 $34k
MDX $43k while QX60 $42k

the point is Infiniti failing. instead of chasing the Germans and Lexus maybe they should aim lower at Acura and Lincoln and Buick.
Old 04-16-14, 12:57 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

the GT-R isn't an Infiniti...

some models are higher priced, but for the most part they are very similar.

RLX $48k while Q70 $49k
TL $36 while Q50 $37k
TSX $30k while G $33k

RDX $34k while QX50 $34k
MDX $43k while QX60 $42k

the point is Infiniti failing. instead of chasing the Germans and Lexus maybe they should aim lower at Acura and Lincoln and Buick.
You left out Acuras competitors to the Q60 coupe, the Q60 convertible, QX70, & QX80. Oh that's right, they don't have one! The GT-R was almost going to be an Infiniti, did you know that? A GTR-based Infiniti Essence concept has been out since 2009 and they are working on putting out a range-topping Q100 coupe based on that concept within the next 2-3 years, as well as a Q90 full size RWD flagship. Acura has no such plans and never has. Their range-topping sedan is based on a FWD Honda Accord. No wonder the RLX sales are the worst in the segment. Acura cannot sell a premium luxury product if they are all based on the Accord, Civic, Pilot, & CRV (and by premium, I mean over 50k).

I've owned several Lexus, Infiniti, & Acura models over the years and I can say from experience that while Acuras are "nice", they are no where near the refinement levels of Lexus or Infiniti.
Old 04-16-14, 01:01 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

You left out Acuras competitors to the Q60 coupe, the Q60 convertible, QX70, & QX80. Oh that's right, they don't have one! The GT-R was almost going to be an Infiniti, did you know that? A GTR-based Infiniti Essence concept has been out since 2009 and they are working on putting out a range-topping Q100 coupe based on that concept within the next 2-3 years, as well as a Q90 full size RWD flagship. Acura no such plans and never has. Their range-topping sedan is based on a FWD Honda Accord. No wonder the RLX sales are the worst in the segment. Acura cannot sell a premium luxury product if they are all based on the Accord, Civic, Pilot, & CRV

I've owned several Lexus, Infiniti, & Acura models over the years and I can say from experience that while Acuras are "nice", they are no where near the refinement levels of Lexus or Infiniti.
and without a coupe and convertible and full size SUV Acura still sales more, good one

lol sure, ill believe it when i see it

what Infiniti most likely will do is make a CLS, A7, and 6 series gran coupe figher (Essence sedan as reported Q90) and a M coupe (Q80).

i could care less what Acura does. its just pretty sad that a bunch of reskin Accords and Civics are outselling Infiniti.
Old 04-16-14, 01:11 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I believe at one time Nissan considered dropping Infiniti.
yup

Nissan Came Close To Dropping The Axe On Infiniti

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...-ar145419.html
Old 04-16-14, 01:14 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

and without a coupe and convertible and full size SUV Acura still sales more, good one

lol sure, ill believe it when i see it

what Infiniti most likely will do is make a CLS, A7, and 6 series gran coupe figher (Essence sedan as reported Q90) and a M coupe (Q80).

i could care less what Acura does. its just pretty sad that a bunch of reskin Accords and Civics are outselling Infiniti.
McDonalds sells more hamburgers than anyone else. So does that mean McDonalds hamburgers are better than what a fancy steakhouse might offer? Infiniti offers more expensive products and sells more expensive products than Acura. That is a fact. Acura outsells Jaguar, Rolls Royce, and Porsche as well. So I guess it's "pretty sad" that a bunch of reskinned Accords and Civics are outselling Porsches and Jaguars. I'm sure Porsche and Jaguar are concerned

And by the way, I find it hilarious that you use the "v8acura" emoticon as a way to bash Infiniti's plans over the next couple years. How ironic
Old 04-16-14, 01:16 PM
LexFather

And by the way, I find it hilarious that you use the "v8acura" emoticon as a way to bash Infiniti's plans over the next couple years. How ironic
FYI..Infiniti is going to drop V-8s...shame the 5.6 is a gem....

http://www.egmcartech.com/2012/09/06...om-its-lineup/

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread