Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 01:19 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
McDonalds sells more hamburgers than anyone else. So does that mean McDonalds hamburgers are better than what a fancy steakhouse might offer? Infiniti offers more expensive products and sells more expensive products than Acura. That is a fact. Acura outsells Jaguar, Rolls Royce, and Porsche as well. So I guess it's "pretty sad" that a bunch of reskinned Accords and Civics are outselling Porsches and Jaguars. I'm sure Porsche and Jaguar are concerned

And by the way, I find it hilarious that you use the "v8acura" emoticon as a way to bash Infiniti's plans over the next couple years. How ironic
those arent even in the same market and you know it.

Jaguar, Rolls Royce, and Porsche are a way above Infiniti and you know that.

i love how you keep spinning things.

i put Acura and Infiniti playing field. below the Germans and Lexus
Old 04-16-14, 01:27 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gymratter
those arent even in the same market and you know it.

Jaguar, Rolls Royce, and Porsche are a way above Infiniti and you know that.

i love how you keep spinning things.

i put Acura and Infiniti playing field. below the Germans and Lexus
Jaguar is not in the same market? You sure about that?
Just because Jaguar doesn't currently have an entry level sedan offering at the moment does not make them some ultra luxury brand. They're not. And in fact, their new entry level sedan to compete with the likes of the IS, Q50, 3 series, and others is coming soon. However, you'd have a hard time convincing 100% of the population that currently Acura is somehow superior to Jaguar because it sells more Civic-based ILX models or Accord-based TL models

Sorry, but your argument makes no sense. Acura can't sell anything over 50k, Infiniti can. And that's where the distinction is.
Old 04-16-14, 01:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The 3-Series fighting Jaguar XE will be here soon enough gents. Expect turbo 4 and supercharged 6 as the initial powerplants
Old 04-16-14, 01:30 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Jaguar is not in the same market? You sure about that?
Just because Jaguar doesn't currently have an entry level sedan offering at the moment does not make them some ultra luxury brand. They're not. And in fact, their new entry level sedan to compete with the likes of the IS, Q50, 3 series, and others is coming soon. However, you'd have a hard time convincing 100% of the population that currently Acura is somehow superior to Jaguar because it sells more Civic-based ILX models or Accord-based TL models

Sorry, but your argument makes no sense. Acura can't sell anything over 50k, Infiniti can. And that's where the distinction is.
yeah you really fall at comprehension. i never defended Acura. if anything what I am saying is that its sad that reskin Accords and Civics are outselling Infiniti and maybe Infiniti should have they're sight set lower...

Infiniti doesn't have a XJ, F type, and XKR competitor.

and your argument is pointless. "Infiniti sales 13k QX80s and that makes them successful"

LOL
Old 04-16-14, 01:38 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

yeah you really fall at comprehension. i never defended Acura. if anything what I am saying is that its sad that reskin Accords and Civics are outselling Infiniti and maybe Infiniti should have they're sight set lower...

Infiniti doesn't have a XJ, F type, and XKR competitor.

and your argument is pointless. "Infiniti sales 13k QX80s and that makes them successful"

LOL
I don't think you understand the luxury car business very well. The fact that you can't wrap your head around Infiniti selling massive quantities of a $75-$80 SUV on a regular basis as an indicator of success, then I have nothing more to say to you. Acura outselling Infiniti by moving more $30k ILXs means nothing when Infiniti is selling products $45,000-$50,000 more expensive.
Old 04-16-14, 01:43 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

I don't think you understand the luxury car business very well. The fact that you can't wrap your head around Infiniti selling massive quantities of a $75-$80 SUV on a regular basis as an indicator of success, then I have nothing more to say to you. Acura outselling Infiniti by moving more $30k ILXs means nothing when Infiniti is selling products $45,000-$50,000 more expensive.
OMG 13,000 units of the QX80 is record breaking and will save Infiniti! NOT!!!

again, I do not care what Acura does with their sad line up. its also funny because in your past post in the TLX thread you defended Acura over Lexus. lol

Infiniti sales are awful and has not grown at all. in fact its pretty much flat lining. they just cant compete with the Germans or Lexus.
Old 04-16-14, 01:47 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

OMG 13,000 units of the QX80 is record breaking and will save Infiniti! NOT!!!

again, I do not care what Acura does with their sad line up. its also funny because in your past post in the TLX thread you defended Acura over Lexus. lol

Infiniti sales are awful and has not grown at all. in fact its pretty much flat lining. they just cant compete with the Germans or Lexus.
Show me a Lexus or German competitor to the QX80 that sells in the same amount of quantities per month. Oh that's right, you can't, cuz it doesn't exist.
Old 04-16-14, 01:49 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Show me a Lexus or German competitor to the QX80 that sells in the same amount of quantities per month. Oh that's right, you can't, cuz it doesn't exist.
right, because one full size SUV some how makes the whole brand successful.

in case you miss it every brand has that one model that does pretty good.

BMW: 3 series
Lexus: RX
Old 04-16-14, 02:06 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

right, because one full size SUV some how makes the whole brand successful.

in case you miss it every brand has that one model that does pretty good.

BMW: 3 series
Lexus: RX
The QX80 is more expensive than a 3 series and is more expensive than an RX (like substantially more expensive). Infiniti sells more $80k units of a specific model than Lexus & BMW. That is a fact.

Lexus bread & butter: RX & ES ($40-$50k)
BMW bread & butter: 3 Series ($40-$50k)
Infiniti bread & butter: Q50, QX60, & QX80 ($40-$80k)

I'm not trying to say Infiniti is better than Lexus or BMW, just making a point that Infiniti sells a more expensive model on a regular basis than either Lexus or BMW. That speaks pretty loudly. Infiniti just needs more product to fill in the gaps (a proper flagship, Q60 redesign, QX50 redesign, etc). The desire to spend massive amounts of money on an Infiniti product is already there.
Old 04-16-14, 02:36 PM
gymratter
Lead Lap

The QX80 is more expensive than a 3 series and is more expensive than an RX (like substantially more expensive). Infiniti sells more $80k units of a specific model than Lexus & BMW. That is a fact.

Lexus bread & butter: RX & ES ($40-$50k)
BMW bread & butter: 3 Series ($40-$50k)
Infiniti bread & butter: Q50, QX60, & QX80 ($40-$80k)

I'm not trying to say Infiniti is better than Lexus or BMW, just making a point that Infiniti sells a more expensive model on a regular basis than either Lexus or BMW. That speaks pretty loudly. Infiniti just needs more product to fill in the gaps (a proper flagship, Q60 redesign, QX50 redesign, etc). The desire to spend massive amounts of money on an Infiniti product is already there.
lets just agreed to disagreed.

i was just giving an example of hot sellers from other companies. even when Infiniti had the Q45 it was a flop. again im not hating on Infiniti. im just simply stating that time and time again they have failed and were going to get axed at one point.

i hope im wrong, because I actually like Infiniti better than Acura, Buick, and Lincoln and ect. but i don't see them lasting too long in this market.
Old 04-17-14, 10:19 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Most Acura sales for the past few years are from the more expensive MDX and RDX, not ILX. The ILX has never really sold in high numbers for Acura like you are eluding to, TSX, and TL are at the end of their cycles and not selling in very high numbers right now either. Most Infiniti sales are from the less expensive JX and G37/Q50, not the high end QX.

The 2nd Gen Infiniti M was a very good car, its success was very impressive considering the first one was such a poor seller and completely overlooked and Infiniti always struggled so much. I really liked the M45 and considered getting one, I still may pick one up used, great looking car and distinctly different then the G35 and they are pretty cheap though they have some issues to worry about. The current M is a huge disappointment, styling wise it did absolutely nothing for me with that jellybean look, it was basically a more rounded chunkier softer G37 instead of looking distinctly more upscale and different. I knew it would not sell well especially with the higher prices, it had a very nice interior design though and a nice V8 and a performance hybrid but that was still not enough for sales anywhere near the previous M. The new updates don't help much as it still looks pretty much the same but they do slightly improve the very drab design especially in the rear, it may even look better in person. Can't wait to see the flagship and a high end coupe if they do it. Where is the new G or Q50 coupe?
Old 04-17-14, 10:58 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UDel
Most Acura sales for the past few years are from the more expensive MDX and RDX, not ILX. The ILX has never really sold in high numbers for Acura like you are eluding to, TSX, and TL are at the end of their cycles and not selling in very high numbers right now either. Most Infiniti sales are from the less expensive JX and G37/Q50, not the high end QX.
I wasn't trying to suggest that the ILX is their big seller, I know that it's not. But even as the MDX is their bread and butter model (and it is, at least until the TLX comes out), it is still $25,000 cheaper than a QX80. Acura has no answer for the QX80 and even if they did, it probably wouldn't sell - and certainly no where near the 1000+ units per month that Infiniti sells. Acura can't even move their brand new $50,000 RLX sedan, they could never move an $80,000 SUV. And the JX (or rather the QX60) isn't really "less expensive" when it is about the same price as an MDX. So yes, it's less expensive than a QX80 but it's "as expensive" as an MDX - the most expensive model that Acura can successfully sell.

I realize most Infiniti sales are not from the high end QX, but that can be said for any luxury brand. Entry level always carries the ship. Still, moving 1000 units/month of any $75k-$80k model is certainly impressive.

Originally Posted by UDel
The current M is a huge disappointment, styling wise it did absolutely nothing for me with that jellybean look, it was basically a more rounded chunkier softer G37 instead of looking distinctly more upscale and different. I knew it would not sell well especially with the higher prices, it had a very nice interior design though and a nice V8 and a performance hybrid but that was still not enough for sales anywhere near the previous M. The new updates don't help much as it still looks pretty much the same but they do slightly improve the very drab design especially in the rear, it may even look better in person. Can't wait to see the flagship and a high end coupe if they do it. Where is the new G or Q50 coupe?
I agree they dropped the ball with the M redesign for 2011. But the refreshed Q70 & Q70L really do look a lot better and much more aggressive. Here's a walk around video of the Q70L from the NY Auto show. It almost looks like a full size flagship:

Old 04-18-14, 09:07 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

pretty silly of them to put the truck engine in the M. Imagine if they put the 570 engine in a GS to make a GS570. I wouldnt want a truck engine in a sedan
Old 04-18-14, 09:20 AM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
pretty silly of them to put the truck engine in the M. Imagine if they put the 570 engine in a GS to make a GS570. I wouldnt want a truck engine in a sedan
Welcome to 2010. And hey, at least they still offer a V8 in their midsize sedan. Something Lexus no longer does.
Old 04-18-14, 09:23 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Wut? What did I miss? The 5.6 has been in the M/Q70 since the beginning. Sweet engine.

Quick Reply: Official Infiniti Q70 (M37/56) thread