Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Subaru Legacy/Outback Preview

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 08:12 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The dash materials look classy, but are of slightly harder-surfaces than before....the door-trim surfaces are both hard and soft.
Is it like the plastic used in the Forester/Impreza's dash? if so its really bad

Also did they really change the old large sunroof for a regular sized one? The large sunroof in the current outback is original and smart!
Old 06-23-09, 12:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by IsraelRX
Is it like the plastic used in the Forester/Impreza's dash? if so its really bad
In the new Legacy/Outback, the plastic it is generally hard-surface but classy-looking. There are more soft-surfaces in the door panels, though, than the Forester/Impreza. Both the Forester and Impreza have a nice, thick, softly-padded elbow rest in all four door panels, though, and the Forester has a fabric insert. The Outback Limited has a padded, less-thick armrest, but a little nicer fabric in the doors (they didn't have a base Legacy/Outback).

The hard-plastic dash in the Forester/Impreza may feel hard and unpleasant, but, IMO, the wide, V-shaped multicolor plastic bands are classy-looking, particularly in the two-tone interior, which has three multi-color dash bands, and they seem to be a high-quality, durable plastic, not flimsy, El Cheapo stuff.

Also did they really change the old large sunroof for a regular sized one? The large sunroof in the current outback is original and smart!
The sunroof on the Outback Limited seemed to be a normal size and shape.
Old 06-23-09, 03:37 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw it today and liked it. It was a 2.5i Limited. The size wasnt as big as I thought, but definately the right amount of legroom was added. I really like the interior as compared to the redesigned Impreza and Foresters. This car was not a car that could be driven yet, but the salesman informed that it rides much nicer and much quieter, especially thanks to framed windows. Personally, I like my frameless windows and will bear with the noise, which I don't think is that bad.

Other rumor I heard is that supposedly the Toyota-Subaru coupe will be a hybrid. But Subaru will of course not confirm this with their dealers, but that was the jist that dealers got from Subaru upon requests for hybrids (by their customers).