Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Top Gear is back!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 12:52 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
So the producers have given us 1000 quid and told us to buy...a goat and to meet up at Liverpool, for series of challenges....

That sounds like a stag weekend I went on once....
Old 08-06-09, 08:49 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,384 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Am I the only one not impressed with this season? They are starting to get a bit long in the tooth.
Originally Posted by Kaydee
boring and uneventful season...the only consolation is knowing that it won't be too long of a wait til next season

they should cut down on the interview...too long
if you think this is boring, i think you need to get a check-up:

james may and subaru rallye car and driver at airstrip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCsXnSqSys
Old 08-06-09, 08:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,384 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
i do NOT agree with Clarkson

1. Environment: these cars are in limited production numbers, the overall impact on environment is not that big

2. Economy: these cars cater to the really rich folks that still make boat loads of money during economic downturns, thus the buyer base is not shrinking for this price range of cars
you're missing the point. it's not that clarkson is against the cars or gives a crap about the environmental impact. he believes (as do i) that OVER-REGULATION written by do-gooder people with little knowledge of science or putting risk into any sort of reasonable perspective or an overbearing need to stop some people from having fun will make owenership of cars like aston martins all but impossible, or pointless because they cannot be enjoyed on the roads.
Old 08-06-09, 11:45 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you're missing the point. it's not that clarkson is against the cars or gives a crap about the environmental impact. he believes (as do i) that OVER-REGULATION written by do-gooder people with little knowledge of science or putting risk into any sort of reasonable perspective or an overbearing need to stop some people from having fun will make owenership of cars like aston martins all but impossible, or pointless because they cannot be enjoyed on the roads.
Yup, that's exactly what he's saying. I can't help but agree. Look at all the safety standards, emission standards, speed cameras & other ways to stop people from having even a little fun.

Somewhat comes back to the bit in the news when they were talking about people in crappy cars who can't drive shouldn't have a license. I agree with that logic as well.

Now, if you follow the logic from the news & take away the license of all non-car-lovers, we can also toss all the regulations on cars and driving because you will be left with only enthusiasts which IMO would be perfect. WAY less people driving (emissions & congestion solved) far fewer crashes (there wont be any stupids to cause them, so you'll only have the occasional catastrophic crash that will in all likelyhood (sp) be a one car accedent).

Therefore, instead of regulatin, just stop the actual problem ... as in, the stupid people (see link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUosm_BBv9g

^ fast fwd to around 1:30 and watch to the end of her rant ... it makes a little more sense if you watch the whole episode but the best part of her rant is from around 2:45 on
Old 08-06-09, 11:57 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if you think this is boring, i think you need to get a check-up:

james may and subaru rallye car and driver at airstrip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUCsXnSqSys
sure but by then, this is already Ken Block's third video...and to say the least, it is also the weakest. The only bit I like is the XF part because my dad is thinking of getting one...the rest is bleh. The epic races are watered down and do not compare to previous seasons' and the challenges are missing some magic...
Old 08-08-09, 07:10 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Great episode

The season finale was probably the best episode all season. It was wildly funny with the commercial making and the Leno appearance was fun. Leno's Ferrari story was funny to
Old 08-08-09, 09:13 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Every one is a bit disapointed with top gear this year but Clarkson said it wont be as good due to drastic budget cuts. Once the money starts moving along the world top gear will be good as new (i hope)
Old 08-09-09, 06:45 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
Every one is a bit disapointed with top gear this year but Clarkson said it wont be as good due to drastic budget cuts. Once the money starts moving along the world top gear will be good as new (i hope)
it is still one of the best car show or shows in the world...

Last edited by 1993ES300x; 08-09-09 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-09-09, 12:13 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
Great episode

The season finale was probably the best episode all season. It was wildly funny with the commercial making and the Leno appearance was fun. Leno's Ferrari story was funny to
You mean the story about the F1 (?) ... that's a McLaren.

pic:

Last edited by Faymester; 08-09-09 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add-a-pic
Old 08-09-09, 12:52 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My bad it was at least 4 hours after i watched the episode when i posted that post.