Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you think of this deal for a C63 AMG?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-09, 09:21 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this deal for a C63 AMG?

I apologize if I'm spamming but I just wanted to ask people what they think of this deal I got from a MB dealer for a C63 AMG. My original plan was to go for a 2008 C63 but they didn't have any but they had a bunch of 2009s.

There were two that I was looking at:

2009 C63 AMG white/black 5000 miles, original MSRP 66700, got down to 55000

2009 C63 AMG metallic grey/ black 7000 miles, original MSRP 68000 could probably get it down to 55000 - 56000.

Both cars are similarly optioned and I believe they have most of the options available (at least the ones that matter - Nav, prem sound, etc)

Now the problem is with my trade-in, a 2008 Audi S5. So far they would have given me 45k for it, but I think I could aim for 46k. KBB value says the good trade in value is around 50k so I don't know if I'm getting lowballed here.

The cars itself are immaculate. Looks almost brand new and clean inside and out. I drove the white one and my god, I was blown away by the power. Handling isn't too bad either just not nearly as good as the M3 coupe.
Old 06-21-09, 09:33 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Keep the S5...
Old 06-21-09, 09:42 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In this class of car, I think you should get the one that moves you. See the c63s side by side; and you'll know which one to buy. As for the trade-in, put the s5 in the paper / craigslist for 60k and see what bites.
Old 06-21-09, 09:49 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

easy, get the one w/ lesser miles... 7k miles on new car is BS! White on Black, NICE combo!
Old 06-21-09, 11:01 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

used cars. should be 20% off.
the previous owner already took the hit trading it back in.
Old 06-21-09, 11:06 PM
LexFather

Yeah you should be able to get NEW close to invoice....

Old 06-21-09, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ok, first of all, as stated in the other thread, calm down and make sure you really want to sell your s5 already. and assume so, then move on. kbb price is just a guideline, given the current economy and what not, don't imagine you can get those prices. look at the kbb fair trade in (hardly any sales will put your car in "good" condition), and then knock off another 2k. imho 46k is probably a price you can shoot for. why not try to bring your car to car max and see what they offer, they are usually pretty fair on that (a good reference point)

on the price of the 09.... please keep in mind they are USED cars. when looking at used cars, msrp means crap to me. first thing you should wonder is WHY they are 09 (current MY) and they are already at dealership?!?! the owners hate the car that much?? problems with the car? financial issues? if so, are the cars abused?

after that, then the price. if the msrp of the 09 is 67k, that means the invoice is probably around 62k? for a car with 5k miles, i wouldn't pay anything more than 52k. sorry, but that's me
Old 06-21-09, 11:51 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dunnojack
used cars. should be 20% off.
the previous owner already took the hit trading it back in.
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah you should be able to get NEW close to invoice....

But both cars are near 20% off sticker.

white/black 66700 * .8 = 53360 vs 55000 (I think I can get this for 54000)

grey/black 68000 * .8 = 54400 vs 56000 (I think I can get this for 55000)

So is it a decent deal?
Old 06-21-09, 11:52 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
ok, first of all, as stated in the other thread, calm down and make sure you really want to sell your s5 already. and assume so, then move on. kbb price is just a guideline, given the current economy and what not, don't imagine you can get those prices. look at the kbb fair trade in (hardly any sales will put your car in "good" condition), and then knock off another 2k. imho 46k is probably a price you can shoot for. why not try to bring your car to car max and see what they offer, they are usually pretty fair on that (a good reference point)

on the price of the 09.... please keep in mind they are USED cars. when looking at used cars, msrp means crap to me. first thing you should wonder is WHY they are 09 (current MY) and they are already at dealership?!?! the owners hate the car that much?? problems with the car? financial issues? if so, are the cars abused?

after that, then the price. if the msrp of the 09 is 67k, that means the invoice is probably around 62k? for a car with 5k miles, i wouldn't pay anything more than 52k. sorry, but that's me

I see....

20% off the invoice...

btw those cars are executive/corp demos, that is why 2009 with such low miles are at the dealership. They were never registered as having a owner. Still never registered.
Old 06-21-09, 11:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

They are going to always hose you on the trade, but the C63 they are giving you at a smoking price.
Old 06-22-09, 12:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
I see....

20% off the invoice...

btw those cars are executive/corp demos, that is why 2009 with such low miles are at the dealership. They were never registered as having a owner. Still never registered.
see that's where i don't really give a damn. i don't care if the car has been registered or not. the car has freaking 5k miles driven by strangers i don't know who actually don't give a crap about the car (frankly, if i am the exec, do i care about breaking in the car and such?), it's a FAIR used car to me at best

some dealership told me same thing before. i just asked them "so do they just circle around the dealership lot during all those miles?" they shut up
Old 06-22-09, 01:16 AM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

see that's where i don't really give a damn. i don't care if the car has been registered or not. the car has freaking 5k miles driven by strangers i don't know who actually don't give a crap about the car (frankly, if i am the exec, do i care about breaking in the car and such?), it's a FAIR used car to me at best

some dealership told me same thing before. i just asked them "so do they just circle around the dealership lot during all those miles?" they shut up

Will you come with me to negotiate my car for me?

but seriously, you don't think its even a decent deal if I can get 47k for my trade in and the C63 for 54k?
Old 06-22-09, 03:23 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You are all over the place. Why spend that kind of money on a used car?? You say the C63 does not handle like a M3.. Do you want an M3? Is money is forcing you to choosing something that you may later regret? You did mention the negatives on the M3 in your other thread.. You said "price".. You like it but just can't afford it at this time right? Just save up some cash & get what you truly want (M3?). Or, like some preach here, you can lease BMW for $199.00 a month lol.. Configure the M3, IS-F, C63 and see who is cheapest here http://leasecompare.com/ if you decide to go the lease route .. Reality will hit you fast regarding the cash. Good luck buddy..
Old 06-22-09, 05:54 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
You are all over the place. Why spend that kind of money on a used car?? You say the C63 does not handle like a M3.. Do you want an M3? Is money is forcing you to choosing something that you may later regret? You did mention the negatives on the M3 in your other thread.. You said "price".. You like it but just can't afford it at this time right? Just save up some cash & get what you truly want (M3?). Or, like some preach here, you can lease BMW for $199.00 a month lol.. Configure the M3, IS-F, C63 and see who is cheapest here http://leasecompare.com/ if you decide to go the lease route .. Reality will hit you fast regarding the cash. Good luck buddy..
+1 here... $46K for your car is a GREAT deal... then drive a 09 M3 sedan... you can get one for $65K loaded in Milwaukee NEW, NO MILES... to me, blows away $53K for a NEW C63 as soon as there is a bend or bump in the road...
Old 06-22-09, 06:30 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Invoice on those cars should be around $5000 less than MSRP. It shouldnt be hard to knock off another $5000 on a brand new MB with 0 milaage. Since those cars are used demos, it should be another $10000 off. I would shoot for $20000 off MSRP as a target. Keep in mind that these demos are sometimes used a test drive cars, and we all know what people do with a test drive cars. If it were me, I would much prefer the S5 over the C63. Speed is not everything and the difference between these 2 cars is a good case and point.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this deal for a C63 AMG?