Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini Crash

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 10:08 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lamborghini Crash

You'd think a former cop would know better than to drive 100 mph down a city street (which was in a TV report, but not in this write up).

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...ini-Crash.html

Third Person Dies in Lamborghini Crash

By KAREN ARAIZA
NBC10

Adam Brown rented a Lamborghini to take his wife out on the town for their fifth wedding anniversary. But before the big celebration Saturday, a devastating crash killed him and two others when the exotic sports car slammed into oncoming traffic.

"I just don't think he knew how fast that car was," his wife, Michelle Brown told the Daily News.

Brown, 29, was speeding along Essington Avenue near Bartram when he lost control during a turn and crashed into a minivan and another vehicle, according to police.

The driver of the minivan, Bruce Hunter, 41, suffered serious injuries and died at the hospital Monday morning.

He had just left work at Singer Equipment Co. in Southwest Philadelphia at 6p.m. Friday and headed home to Darby, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

At about 7 p.m., the Lamborghini crashed into Hunter's minivan, the paper reported.

The crash also took the life of Brown's passenger, Geoffrey Kleiman, 60, of Broomall. The two were friends and did business together.

Brown was with the Brookhaven police department from 1999 to 2004 when he left to devote more time to Home Helpers, an in-home health care business he started
Old 06-23-09, 10:13 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sad.

You should also change the thread title to something more eye catching like

Ex Cop rents Lamborghini and kills 3 in crash
Old 06-23-09, 11:31 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Speeding Cop was just killed in a Ferrari up here this past Sunday as well. We had massive rain storms on Sunday afternoon so why this guy would speed is beyond me.

An off-duty Quogue Village Police Department officer and a passenger in his Ferrari were killed Sunday after the speeding car struck a tree in Eastport, and both men were ejected from the vehicle, police said.

The crash took place at 3:23 p.m. Sunday on Speonk-Riverhead Road between Sunrise Highway and the Eastern Campus of Suffolk County Community College in Eastport, Southampton Town police said.

Killed in the crash were Richard Kappel, 40, of Speonk, and Christian Gomez, 33, of New Hyde Park, police said. Police said Kappel was a police officer in Quogue.

Police said Kappel was driving a 2002 Ferrari northbound on Speonk-Riverhead Road when the the car left the roadway and struck a tree. Police said both men were ejected from the vehicle and were pronounced dead at the scene. Police cited "excessive speed" as a contributing factor in the crash.

Volunteers from the Eastport Fire Department, Flanders-Northampton Ambulance and New York State Police all responded to the scene. The road was closed about 4½ hours for investigation.
Story
Old 06-23-09, 03:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tragic story even with current title.
Old 06-23-09, 05:53 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Darwin maybe?
Old 06-23-09, 11:49 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 05EX
Darwin maybe?
just cuz you can afford these beauties, doesn't mean you know how to drive them
Old 06-23-09, 11:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I was thinking of renting an exotic next time I was in LA. I guess I will try to take it easy.
Old 06-24-09, 11:24 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

he rented it

sounds like its at least somewhat plausible he didnt realize how fast he was going, think about how when you first started driving a Lexus after migrating from brand A, it was a LOT quieter and smoother, to the point that you could have been driving, looked at the speedo, and realzied you were going a lot faster than you expected.
Old 06-24-09, 03:57 PM
Squirrelz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
he rented it

sounds like its at least somewhat plausible he didnt realize how fast he was going, think about how when you first started driving a Lexus after migrating from brand A, it was a LOT quieter and smoother, to the point that you could have been driving, looked at the speedo, and realzied you were going a lot faster than you expected.
Yeap, I can attest to that. Went from a Corolla to an IS300, and though it may not seem like much, was a world of difference. When I test drove the IS300, I was going 80 mph in it and it felt like I was going 50 mph in the Corolla. Didn't even realize I was going that fast until i looked down at the speedometer.
Old 06-25-09, 05:18 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirrelz
Yeap, I can attest to that. Went from a Corolla to an IS300, and though it may not seem like much, was a world of difference. When I test drove the IS300, I was going 80 mph in it and it felt like I was going 50 mph in the Corolla. Didn't even realize I was going that fast until i looked down at the speedometer.
It's a Lambo, folks. You can't tell me you don't know you are going fast. In fact, I'd think going 30 feels like going 60.
Old 06-25-09, 05:21 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tex2670
It's a Lambo, folks. You can't tell me you don't know you are going fast. In fact, I'd think going 30 feels like going 60.
It's the opposite. Going 100 feels like you are standing still. And that's just an ISF. I can't imagine how it feels in a Lambo.
Old 06-25-09, 11:56 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

maybe in an OLDER Lamborghini, but since Audi took them over they've made massive improvements in build quality and are somewhat known now for having very quiet, well-made cars that can be driven on not a dailly, but a somewhat regular basis.