Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Power Enterprise quad charged R35 GTR.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-09, 11:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Power Enterprise quad charged R35 GTR.

The Nissan GT-R has been called a supercar-killer for its astonishing performance in spite of what have classically been seen as huge barriers: its heavy weight, low cost and non-exotic origins. However, regardless of how one comes out on the 'supercar/non supercar' debate, the sheer impressiveness of this four-way forced induction system from the aptly-named Power Enterprise can't be denied.

Power Enterprise's approach to modifying the Nissan GT-R follows the tried and true approach of tuning the ECU, adding sticky tires and putting a little color under the hood, but then it goes into relatively uncharted territory. The idea of turbo-supercharging a car isn't itself new - even a few production cars feature the solution. Twin-turbo and twin-supercharging, however is several orders of magnitude less common.

With a pair of Rotrex C30-94 superchargers bolted to the engine and new fuel injectors to flow the necessary fuel, Power Enterprise says the car will feature better low-end and mid-range response, plus more torque. Exactly how much more torque or horsepower is generated depends on the kit. One kit offers 560hp (418kW) as a bolt-on to a stock GT-R, another offers 700hp (552kW).

The guys at GTRblog managed to talk to Power Enterprise representative Hideo-san at this past weekend’s Tokyo Auto Salon and managed to come away with a few more juicy details. Firstly, the kit will go sale in global markets with prices for the basic package starting around $10,000.

The decision to go the four-charger route instead of simply adding bigger turbos, according to Hideo, was to generate an ideal useable power band. Peak power of 485hp (362kW) in the standard GT-R arrives at a reasonably high 6,000rpm, however in the quad-charged example peak power arrives at just 4,000rpm – and this peak could be as high as 700hp (552kW) if a customer desires.

In addition to the new superchargers, Power Enterprise also installs new fuel-injectors, an uprated fuel-pump, an ECU overhaul, a cold-air-intake, high-flow exhaust, and a bigger intercooler. Hideo said the package is still in development and no release date has been set yet.
Attached Thumbnails Power Enterprise quad charged R35 GTR.-power_enterprise_quad_charged_gt_r_main_630-1228.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-27-09 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-27-09, 07:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I guess the article is to long. You can watch the car on the new D sport video being sold with this months issue
Old 06-27-09, 07:45 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

amazing.....
Old 06-27-09, 09:57 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn i wonder how it feels going from a stand still..
Old 06-28-09, 10:12 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

its still a renulat no matter what you do with it.
Old 06-28-09, 10:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

yup... and a Lamborghini is a fancy audi and a porsche is a fancy VW. Stop player hating . The car is the new bench mark in performance ..... period.
Old 06-29-09, 12:10 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
yup... and a Lamborghini is a fancy audi and a porsche is a fancy VW. Stop player hating . The car is the new bench mark in performance ..... period.
It's performance is amazing that is undeniable. But if I were to buy a car based souly on performance well it wouldent really be a car it would be the ariel atom. Most of the fun of having a super car is the way it looks the way it sounds and it just being rediculous. The GT-R fails all of those. It looks like it was drawn by a robot. The engine is just a v6 with a 2 snails it can not make a crazy v10 v12 high reving v8 note like the others. The car is boring it has interior that would work better in a altima than a standard setting super car. All of that performance that it can deliver is useless because most super car owner's do not track theyre car they look at it clean it rev it and drive a mile a year. That's what makes the GT-R a bad supercar, I am not going to call it a super car anymore it's just a very fast boring but fast japanese coupe.
Old 06-29-09, 07:51 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Droole....I've heard a catless GTR and I was drooling this must be mouth watering
Old 06-29-09, 10:09 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
It's performance is amazing that is undeniable. But if I were to buy a car based souly on performance well it wouldent really be a car it would be the ariel atom. Most of the fun of having a super car is the way it looks the way it sounds and it just being rediculous. The GT-R fails all of those. It looks like it was drawn by a robot. The engine is just a v6 with a 2 snails it can not make a crazy v10 v12 high reving v8 note like the others. The car is boring it has interior that would work better in a altima than a standard setting super car. All of that performance that it can deliver is useless because most super car owner's do not track theyre car they look at it clean it rev it and drive a mile a year. That's what makes the GT-R a bad supercar, I am not going to call it a super car anymore it's just a very fast boring but fast japanese coupe.
Have you not heard a fully uncorked GT-R?