Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Just picked up a C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-09, 10:04 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice collection of cars man
Old 06-28-09, 10:14 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
congrats on the new car! at least after all the trouble finally you were able to land on this beauty, that's awesome

to be honest, lojack is garbage, personally i wouldn't pay anything for it, it's just not worth the money

now on my m3 i also got the exterior / interior protection package as well as the tire/wheel protection package. together they add about 30 bucks to my monthly payment so over 3 yrs i pay about 1000 bucks for them, i think that's a killer deal

my m3 is low to begin with and now it's lowered on springs. i don't have to care about scraping the bottom or getting door dings or whatever. that's a big plus. so i can tell you now already that the bottom of my front bumper has quite a few scratches already, hehe...

my tire/wheel package also covers aftermarket wheels as well, but that's not why i jump on them, since i won't be getting wheels for this car. but considering the road and such, and the price of replacing one ps2 tire on my car (easily 300 bucks), it's well worth it

no matter what, enjoy this great machine. break it in and then open it up -- wide

hehe, we should race one day. I'm thinking of canceling my ding/dent insurance if I can keep the tire & wheel insurance for 600. I know I will eventually get dings, but I don't know if I'll get more than 600 dollars worth of them in 3-5 years. I'm also thinking to switch to PS2 after my stocks wear out (only takes 4k miles) so the tire & wheel package seems like a good deal.
Old 06-28-09, 10:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am putting my money on the C 63. His M3 is a convertible so its heavy and has less hp and torque. In a strait line drag the Benz will destroy the bimmer. On a track its a different story
Old 06-28-09, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
hehe, we should race one day. I'm thinking of canceling my ding/dent insurance if I can keep the tire & wheel insurance for 600. I know I will eventually get dings, but I don't know if I'll get more than 600 dollars worth of them in 3-5 years. I'm also thinking to switch to PS2 after my stocks wear out (only takes 4k miles) so the tire & wheel package seems like a good deal.
sure we should have fun some time, it's cool hanging out with cool people. as long as my m3 faster than my gs350 it's all good

well just make sure you check with mb and see what their policy is. for bmw, i checked and for example if i scrap the bottom of front bumper, that's an automatic 400 bucks charge. if there are more than 3 pits on the wheels from rock or whatever, then it's xxxx, etc.... mb might be easier (lexus is pretty easy on this) so check and you can see if it's worth it or not. i know for sure i have gotten my exterior/interior protection worth

about the tire/wheel protection.... well let's see how things out. if we get a chance i can share some info with ya
Old 06-29-09, 12:00 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

the only thing that I would keep is the rim and tire road hazzard. that is indeed very useful especially if they cover aftermarket rims and tires. the LoJack is a waste of money, seriously, if my car ever got stolen, I hope it never comes back found. Mainly cause it will be heart breaking to see the car with missing everything, might as well let them keep it, thats what full coverage is for. and the dings and dents, ask yourself this question, did you wish you had it with your Audi? that will most likely answer your question. I would go back to the dealer asap to cancel the lojack and the dings and dents package. thats my opinion. Congrats on your new ride. I wanted the Mercedes too but it was way too over my budget.
Old 06-29-09, 02:17 PM
yoogene83
Driver School Candidate

4k miles on a set of tires? that's pretty severe wear; I wonder if MB has a deal with a tire manufacturer for extra C63 tires?
Old 06-29-09, 02:31 PM
I6turbo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice! I haven't driven one yet, but looked them over at my local dealership and they are sweet. From what I've read, they are one of the first real "enthusiasts" type MB's -- seem to be going much more BMW-like with the fun on-the-road feel vs. the old-school heavily-oil-machine feel of earlier MB's.
Old 06-29-09, 03:06 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I6turbo
Nice! I haven't driven one yet, but looked them over at my local dealership and they are sweet. From what I've read, they are one of the first real "enthusiasts" type MB's -- seem to be going much more BMW-like with the fun on-the-road feel vs. the old-school heavily-oil-machine feel of earlier MB's.

Yep, although not with the finesse of the M3 the C63 handles very well and the steering is superb. The chassis feels very rigid and firm and you have all the power you need. I advise anyone who thought of getting this car to get it now because you can get really good deals on them. Maybe even better deals in a few months when the 2010s start rolling in, although they might not stock up on those like they did with 09s.
Old 06-29-09, 03:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by NINEZeRO
Yep, although not with the finesse of the M3 the C63 handles very well and the steering is superb. The chassis feels very rigid and firm and you have all the power you need.

Here was my take on the C63 when I reviewed it last fall. Now that you own one, see if you agree.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-c63-amg.html

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-29-09 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-29-09, 03:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by yoogene83
4k miles on a set of tires? that's pretty severe wear; I wonder if MB has a deal with a tire manufacturer for extra C63 tires?
i am not very sure about 4k myself. unless you are gunning the car from every redlight and drift on every corner. even the ps2 on my m3, they are known for being very soft and grippy, they can probably go at least 10k
Old 06-29-09, 04:05 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Why? The S5 is a much better looking car.
Old 06-29-09, 05:00 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, nice man!! How do you compare the interiors between the C63 and the Audi S5?? I always thought the C-Class gets a bad rap here...the quality is SOLID, nice construction...somber maybe, but not cheap!
Old 06-29-09, 05:35 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Here was my take on the C63 when I reviewed it last fall. Now that you own one, see if you agree.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-c63-amg.html

Wow thats very long, I'll need to read it bit later on.
Old 06-29-09, 05:38 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Why? The S5 is a much better looking car.

Funny thing today. I just drove out of my house and onto a blvd and see a black S5 (like my old car) driving by. We stop at a stop light and a couple young girls across the street are hypnotized by the S5. haha, I guess I lose in that department, but for the S5 wasn't as beautiful as so many people make it out to be. Something just wasn't aggressive enough for me and the C63 wins in that department for me. The S5 in a way looked slightly like a woman's car. Although the RS5 will be perfect. S5 interior is what I'll miss the most. The MMI and interior quality is almost Aston Martin like.
Old 06-29-09, 05:39 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FKL
Wow, nice man!! How do you compare the interiors between the C63 and the Audi S5?? I always thought the C-Class gets a bad rap here...the quality is SOLID, nice construction...somber maybe, but not cheap!

I don't think the C63 interior is bad at all. Although the S5 was definitely better in that department. The C63 is more solid, S5 felt a little flimsy at times but the Merc feels more solid/strong.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a C63 AMG