Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New model in the IS line-up? F-sport package

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-09, 01:51 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New model in the IS line-up? F-sport package

I was at the dealer today and they said they are releasing a new model in the IS line-up. It is call the F-Sport package, it has different suspension , wheels and the "F" badge on various parts of the car including the steering wheel and has a few other goodies which I can't remember. No dates on release ,but it will come out for certain as they are taking orders now. I can't find anything on this model on the net, so can anyone confirm this ? Or is this just a version that Japan is offerring?
Old 06-28-09, 08:39 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes so much sense.

I have always thought that Lexus needed a Luxury Package, Sport/Touring package (depending if the model is sport or luxury oriented) and now with the advent of F, and F-sport package is awesome.

More variety of cooler wheels is needed though. It has always baffled me that Lexus has some awesome concept wheels, yet more often than not, production wheels are just 'meh'.

Are the F-Sport Carbon brakes finally going to come out?
Old 06-28-09, 09:18 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I was at the dealer today and they said they are releasing a new model in the IS line-up. It is call the F-Sport package, it has different suspension , wheels and the "F" badge on various parts of the car including the steering wheel and has a few other goodies which I can't remember. No dates on release ,but it will come out for certain as they are taking orders now. I can't find anything on this model on the net, so can anyone confirm this ? Or is this just a version that Japan is offerring?
Maybe that dealer is "creating" this new model themselves
Old 06-28-09, 10:31 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
That's what my dealer does that, last time I was there they had 2 IS250's loaded with most F-sport items. One was lowered on F-Sport springs, the other not.

My guess is that OP saw a similar car (modded by service dept. w/F-Sport accessories).
Old 06-28-09, 10:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I believe Lexus Japan is finally adopting F-Sport parts into their lineup. F-Sport is a product of TRD USA which offered F-Sport to US first then Canada following second. F Sport has also made it into the Australian market. Pretty cool if they are offering it as a whole new package/model to the IS line.
Old 06-28-09, 04:24 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Makes so much sense.

I have always thought that Lexus needed a Luxury Package, Sport/Touring package (depending if the model is sport or luxury oriented) and now with the advent of F, and F-sport package is awesome.

More variety of cooler wheels is needed though. It has always baffled me that Lexus has some awesome concept wheels, yet more often than not, production wheels are just 'meh'.

Are the F-Sport Carbon brakes finally going to come out?
I don't know about the brakes, but it is good to see some more sporty models comming out.

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
No, this is a nation wide thing.

Originally Posted by IS-SV
That's what my dealer does that, last time I was there they had 2 IS250's loaded with most F-sport items. One was lowered on F-Sport springs, the other not.

My guess is that OP saw a similar car (modded by service dept. w/F-Sport accessories).
No, I didn't see a car modded by the service department, as there was none yet, they are still to be released. I don't know what model grades you have over there, but take the IS350 for example. We have a normal no frills version, a "version S"(sports version) and a "version L" (luxury version). Now they are bringing out a new version called "version F" and it will have a lot of "F" products on it, including the IS-F steering wheel among others and I am not sure if it will get the IS-F wheels.

It will have a catalog just like the other models, think of it like the BMW "M sport" package, for those who can't afford the M, but want something more sporty.

Here is our model line-up as it is now, I don't know when it will be added ,but it will be. http://lexus.jp/request/simulation/est-0210-is.html
Originally Posted by flipside909
I believe Lexus Japan is finally adopting F-Sport parts into their lineup. F-Sport is a product of TRD USA which offered F-Sport to US first then Canada following second. F Sport has also made it into the Australian market. Pretty cool if they are offering it as a whole new package/model to the IS line.
Yes, it is pretty cool and I am interested to see what it will look like, as soon as I get some more info I will be sure to post.
Old 06-28-09, 04:32 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

now they just need an F appearance package. like the AMG poser package.
Old 06-28-09, 04:38 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a IS250C with F sport today also think it was a 5 speed.
Old 06-28-09, 06:24 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to see pictures! Really excited for this addition to the IS/Lexus line-up.
Old 06-28-09, 08:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I didn't see a car modded by the service department, as there was none yet, they are still to be released. I don't know what model grades you have over there, but take the IS350 for example. We have a normal no frills version, a "version S"(sports version) and a "version L" (luxury version). Now they are bringing out a new version called "version F" and it will have a lot of "F" products on it, including the IS-F steering wheel among others and I am not sure if it will get the IS-F wheels.

It will have a catalog just like the other models, think of it like the BMW "M sport" package, for those who can't afford the M, but want something more sporty.

Here is our model line-up as it is now, I don't know when it will be added ,but it will be. http://lexus.jp/request/simulation/est-0210-is.html

Yes, it is pretty cool and I am interested to see what it will look like, as soon as I get some more info I will be sure to post.
Wow, sounds like something unique for Japan, nice. Looking forward to seeing what you find out.
Old 06-29-09, 05:13 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

if they don't put a 6spd into the is350 then what's the point
Old 06-29-09, 05:14 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by herbvdh
I saw a IS250C with F sport today also think it was a 5 speed.
most unique 2IS in the world.

all the stick 250s are 6spds
Old 06-29-09, 12:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
if they don't put a 6spd into the is350 then what's the point
Ummm the IS350 has a 6 speed.....AT.