Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

omg..car got egged again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-09, 04:28 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man my car got egged a couple months back, it was horrible.. and as rock-a-lex, i have like 4-6 outlined egg shell marks that chipped the paint, it was a pain to take it off at night with an exam the next morning.. it happened once more, with one egg on another car on our driveway cause i was out for the night.. instead of the dozen or more i got on mine.. funny thing is a buddy of mine had his car egged within the same time frame too and he lives a good 20 minutes drive away, so it's someone we both know, couldn't figure out who it was though
seriously planned on installing cameras if it happened again
Old 07-04-09, 04:40 PM
duncan73
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrong Advice

DO NOT confront this gentleman and certainly do not retaliate by egging his vehicle. You do not have definite, substantiated proof that he is the perpertrator. You could wind up on the short end of the stick with the law.
It's obvious that someone is watching your movements or when you go to sleep or work. Could be kids in the area or next door neighbor. Get a car cover, cheap camera and definitely report to the police, in person, not over the phone and get a police report; and be sure to mention the three or four prior attacks.
Ask the neighbors if they are having problems as well, let them know that a police report has been filed. Canvas the entire block, both sides. Ascertain if there is a Community Watch and attend one of their meetings and inform them of your situation. Call the editors desk of the local newspaper and tell them your story. Ask if they have any information about other vandalism in your area. Doing these kinds of activities will document your effort to correct the problem in case there is ever a confrontation with the perpertrator and he/she is injured of killed.
I would also recommend keeping your cell phone handy, especially when leaving or returning to the house at any time of the day or night.
If you are an ethnic minority in the area, you might want to also think about these incidents as "Bias Crimes." If that is the situation, I would file the complaint under that title with the police department. It bumps up the complaint to another level that could involve a federal intervention which local PD's avoid like the plague.
Keep the board informed of your progress and Good Luck.
Old 07-04-09, 10:19 PM
LexFather

Damn sorry to see this....