Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

omg..car got egged again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 03:01 AM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default omg..car got egged again!!!

Some of you might remember my last thread...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ed-my-car.html

where my car got egged for like the 2nd or 3rd time...well it happened again.

I finally got my car back, and for once decided to go out and take a break and watch a movie. I come back from the 11:00pm showing of transformers 2 and see this crap...seriously pissing me off. i cant afford to buy a security camera, and i dont know if i want a cop patrolling my area. my car isnt exactly street "legal" so i rather not have a cop seeing me drive by him everyday.

I think i know who it is, this white guy around my age, 20ish who drives a crappy old saturn with an exhaust always gives me a dirty look when he drives up my street past me, and always races up and down my street like an idiot.

here are the pics i washed it off right away, i gotta wait till early morning to see if i got all the egg, if not ima wash it before the blazing heat bakes it on.

Old 06-29-09, 03:18 AM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

frakkin insane
Old 06-29-09, 04:41 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Egg and flour this time. What is this guy doing; trying to bake cookies on your car? Seriously dude, you NEED to get the police involved or at least invest in a cheap security camera or setup a video camera to catch who is doing this to your car so you can have them on tape and prosecuted. There is absolutely NO reason that anyone should have to go thru this, especially(if my count is correct 4 times). You def gotta ginf something to nail this guy on, or it looks like you are gonna continue to go thru this.
Old 06-29-09, 05:03 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

... a little C4 should take care of that saturn....or a firecracker, they're made of plastic right?

ok seriously, cops involved and spend the $50 on a cheaapass security camera and a driveway light.
Old 06-29-09, 09:59 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

How is your car not "street" legal? What is the point of having illegal aftermarket products, exhaust, or tint on your car or whatever is making it "illegal" if you constantly have to hide it from police, worry about getting caught all the time which is eventually going to happen, and dealing with it getting egged all the time and not being able to call the authorities because you don't want to get caught? It makes no sense. There is no point in even getting a security camera or even trying to catch who is doing it since your car is illegal and you can't go to the authorities. If you are not going to make your car "street" legal your only option is to move or just deal with getting egged all the time and not being able to do anything about it, maybe you can put a car cover on it but whoever is doing it has a problem with you or your car and is going to probably just cut up the car cover anyways because they are pretty brazen about egging your car.

If you do decide to do the smart thing and do what needs to be done to the car to make it legal so you can get the police involved then you should call the cops and file a report, then get a security camera(not all of them are that expensive, some are pretty cheap) and hopefully catch the guy and show the police the tape.

If you are pretty sure you know who it is then go right up to his house and question him if he knows anything about what is happening and tell him you have on videotape who did it and are giving it to the cops, see if you can gauge his reaction. Even if he lies and says he doesn't know anything which he probably will, he is at least going to know that you suspect it may be him or think he may know and will not hesitate to confront him. Talk to your neighbors and tell them what happened and see if they can keep an eye out on your car especially when you are gone.

The best thing to do though is obviously work on moving to a nicer area since you have someone or several people who have a problem with you or your car and are constantly messing with you and your property. I would also suggest putting a couple layers of Collinite 476S wax on your finish to help protect against the egg in the meantime.
Old 06-29-09, 10:07 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

if your not gunna have the cops involved than thats your call..

dont do anything stupid.. remember you live in california.. criminals have more rights than the innocent.
Old 06-29-09, 10:11 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about Betty Crocker having a projectile vomiting fit. wtf
Old 06-29-09, 01:18 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

lol wow that was annoying...took me a good 2 hours to get all the flour and egg off the car and the driveway. Im going to finally get a security camera, if it happens again ill call the cops. i dont drive that car anymore, well like once or twice a month so i dont mind the cop attention in the area.

Just curious, anyone have a particular security camera they like or use and recommend? Or are they all basically the same.
Old 06-29-09, 01:39 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

CCTV is what our building installed after multiple robbery attempts by teenagers.
Old 06-29-09, 01:49 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 732 Likes on 504 Posts

Get some motion activated flood lights too.
Old 06-29-09, 02:01 PM
Stormwind
Racer

If you can't go to the cops then you gotta go Batman on their ***.
Old 06-29-09, 02:19 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

As someone who grew up there. I can tell you the Upland Police are just about worthless. Security camera and motion light are better. Maybe you should get a car cover for it, too.
Old 06-29-09, 05:40 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I think it's time for some retaliation.
Old 06-29-09, 05:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Its time for revenge. Straight up.
Old 06-29-09, 09:29 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Its time for revenge. Straight up.
agreed, go egg his POS saturn, and if your car gets egged soon after that, you know it's him for sure! then kick his ***...

Quick Reply: omg..car got egged again!!!