Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Equus flagship Thread (5.0 V8 400+hp and LWB coming)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-09, 05:29 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I think too much is made of the fact that Hyundai products often look like those from other manufacturers.
Sure its been talk about about a lot, thats becuase Hyundais continues to copy other designs without any effort to make the design original. Other manufacturers copy design concept as well, but they change a few things to make it their own.
Just look at that headlight, its a joke, it looks like something out of Ebay. The LEDs are from the LS, the LED DRL are from Audi and Hyundai even throw in the BMW halo lights
Old 09-30-09, 07:08 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lex
The reason why everybody is so upset with Hyundai is that they are copying us, they're copying Lexus. If they would copy um.. Ford or something, we wouldn't really care, would we?
There has been just as much uproar about them ripping off BMW (Genesis rear/profile) and Mercedes (Genesis grille), so I don't think this is limited to just Lexus.
Old 09-30-09, 07:29 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

I love the led headlights. I hope they copy it, reverse engineer it & make it better. Hyundai copys everything & tries to make it better. Take a great ideal & make it better. lol. Seriously, Lexus is not gonna like this. Funny, I don't think Hyundai gives a rat asre what Toyota thinks! I also don't think Hyundai will ever stop copying other corp. ideas that are good designs.
Old 09-30-09, 07:57 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
I love the led headlights. I hope they copy it, reverse engineer it & make it better. Hyundai copys everything & tries to make it better. Take a great ideal & make it better. lol. Seriously, Lexus is not gonna like this. Funny, I don't think Hyundai gives a rat asre what Toyota thinks! I also don't think Hyundai will ever stop copying other corp. ideas that are good designs.
Well, thats was mu whole point. Hyundai doesnt even bother to try to make it better, they just copy it out right.
Old 09-30-09, 07:58 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Rashoodz

Debadged + remove center part of grill = lol
Wow, that is a scary resemblence
Originally Posted by leedogg
See the shape of the tires? I'm sure they stole that from Lexus as well.

You guys sound like they personally stole your cookies or something, who cares if they stole something from another manufacturer or not as long as it looks good? it would not bother me in the slightest if they made an exact replica of a lexus, but offered it at a lower price.
We tire of your comments every single time about "you people" in this forum. I think you need a vacation. You cannot seem to stick to a topic, you continuously attack people and the forum.

Every single forum I've been on complains about people copying. Not this one only.

Old 09-30-09, 09:33 AM
LexFather

Nice photo blending Hyundai. :screwy:

Old 09-30-09, 09:39 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

copy or not, it looks good.
Old 09-30-09, 09:50 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLe2006

So does a fake Rolex.
Old 09-30-09, 10:30 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

While Lexus should be flattered, there is no doubt that the two will be very often confused by the common man in markets where they are both sold. They copied almost everything that they could off the front of the LS h.

Once again, I don't really care how good or cheap their cars are...they get no credit from me until they do something original. Even you people with your "Oh it has four doors and four wheels" argument have no ground to stand on with this one- Hyundai blatantly and purposefully aped the LS h as closely as possible, and for that they deserve scorn.
Old 09-30-09, 11:53 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Well, thats one of the reason why Hyundai can sell their car so cheap. They would have to spend a lot money in the design studio and R&D department to come up with something original.
Old 09-30-09, 12:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by The G Man
Well, thats one of the reason why Hyundai can sell their car so cheap. They would have to spend a lot money in the design studio and R&D department to come up with something original.
Former Audi Chief to lead Kia Design Team
http://www.conceptcar.co.uk/news/des...signnews71.php

GM veteran Zak will head Hyundai design unit
http://www.autonews.com/article/2009...904019964/1144

Those guys don't come cheap

Old 09-30-09, 05:32 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
So does a fake Rolex.
LOL! Good one.
Old 09-30-09, 07:22 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Out of all Hyundai cars over the last few years, this is definitely the most blatant copy of a competitor's design, right up there with the current Elantra .

That interior also looks awfully dated and downscale.

I predict that this car really won't sell in any measurable numbers outside of Korea.

Originally Posted by TLe2006
Irrelevant. Regardless of whether or not it looks good, it's still a copy.
Old 10-01-09, 06:52 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Hyundai is at a turing point right now, if they want to keep growing, they need to spend some money on design and engineering and come up with some original designs.
Old 10-01-09, 08:40 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like I was correct with my prediction. It seems Hyundai has confirmed that for now, this "limo" model will only be available in Korea.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Equus flagship Thread (5.0 V8 400+hp and LWB coming)