Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar adds yet another V8 variant of the XF (it has 4 V-8 options)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 03:41 PM
LexFather

Jag even with its small lineup is moving up as one of my favorite brands....

Originally Posted by LexLaw
8 Months later but I had to bump this one for the TATAs, lol. Even my wife is a fan of the new Tatas ........Seriously though I love the direction that Jaguar is headed. I'm actually considering one now along side your GS Hybrid. A cousin of mine who's a long time Lexus guy bought one XF SC and is still in love with that thing.
The XF is quite popular in Atlanta and its funny to see owners looking my car over like "why does my car look like that" Clearly I love the shape of both.

Ian Callum has even been asked about his using the Lexus GS as influence.

Old 02-25-10, 11:41 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Jag even with its small lineup is moving up as one of my favorite brands....

The XF is quite popular in Atlanta and its funny to see owners looking my car over like "why does my car look like that" Clearly I love the shape of both.

Ian Callum has even been asked about his using the Lexus GS as influence.
Well I'm sure you may have come across my cousin and his XF, as he is definitely one of those ATLiens who is a fan of that car. The GS influence and Callum's Aston Martin tail created a beautiful monster. I'm intrigued by the XF but will most likely stick with the 07 GS450 as my choice upon my arrival to ATL. I'll save the Grown Man XJ for when I get my money up. That car right there is something special.
Old 02-26-10, 08:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexLaw
Well I'm sure you may have come across my cousin and his XF, as he is definitely one of those ATLiens who is a fan of that car. The GS influence and Callum's Aston Martin tail created a beautiful monster. I'm intrigued by the XF but will most likely stick with the 07 GS450 as my choice upon my arrival to ATL. I'll save the Grown Man XJ for when I get my money up. That car right there is something special.
I think its wonderful too. The XFR just won Performance Cars "Car of the year" beating things like the Lotus Evora. I've also seen a couple with 22s and it looked great.

Old 02-26-10, 08:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn the resemblance is crazy when you really put them that close together.

Also, for some reason, the GS looks WICKED in that pic. Much better than the XF IMO.
Old 02-26-10, 08:41 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Damn the resemblance is crazy when you really put them that close together.

Also, for some reason, the GS looks WICKED in that pic. Much better than the XF IMO.
I know right?

The GS is one beautiful beast in that pic.
Old 02-26-10, 11:55 AM
LexFather

It was a good review, they picked the GS over the XF.......I need to post in the 3GS forum.

That said I still really like the XF....