Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special unveiled...(CONFIRMED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-09, 12:45 PM
LexFather

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/07...ith-530hp.html

Last edited by LexFather; 07-06-09 at 12:48 PM.

Old 07-06-09, 02:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
One of mmarshall's favorite color ?
Originally Posted by mmarshall
No. Too much yellowish-tint in it.......makes it look like puke.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Come on, Mike. I said it looked like PUKE, not...............

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-06-09 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-06-09, 04:22 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well isn't that special.
Old 07-06-09, 04:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think I saw that color when I threw up once
Old 11-14-09, 09:44 PM
LexFather

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-...aught-testing/

Caught testing!!

Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special (2010) on test

By Ben Pulman

Spyshots

10 November 2009 12:00

These are the first pictures of a very special Jaguar XKR. Caught testing in the UK, it’s thought to be a prototype of the production version of the Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special.

A highly-placed Jaguar source has made it clear to CAR that there's a strong desire within the company to make harder, faster versions of the XFR and XKR, and this vehicle looks like their wishes have come true.
The Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special? What’s that?

At the Goodwood Festival of Speed earlier this year Jaguar unveiled the XKR Goodwood Special, and CAR had a (very sideways) ride up Lord March’s famous hill in the passenger seat next to Jaguar’s chief engineer Mike Cross.

'The regular XKR has a torque limiter to conserve the gearbox's life,' Cross explained to CAR. 'We've taken off the torque clamp, so torque rises from 625Nm to just under 700Nm, and power rises from 510 to 530PS.' That’s 523bhp and nearly 516lb ft. 'We've also lowered the suspension, tweaked the exhaust to be louder and crisper, and added 21-inch wheels and tyres,' added Cross.
And what’s happening now?

There was always talk of a limited production run, and now it seems this special XKR has been given the (ahem) green light - we caught it returning from a run around Jaguar's test track.

Cosmetics tweak to the test car include a new chin splitter, titanium grey trims around the fang-like intakes, the side and bonnet vents, and on the door mirrors. And to our eyes at least, the boot spoiler on the rear hatch looks a little larger as well. That’s not forgetting the garish green paintjob, too.

We've run the registration plate and this car is using Jaguar's brilliant supercharged 5.0-litre V8 found in the current XKR and XFR - if Jaguar's engineers can guarantee the reliabilty of the gearbox this special Jag should have the power upgrade. We also expect the 155mph speed limiter to be removed, and the XKR to get bigger wheels and tyres, suspension tweaks and a fruitier exhaust.

Jaguar has made a special XKR before, the XKR-S from 2008, which featured revised suspension and brakes, a higher top speed and bodywork changes. We hope this new XKR goes one step further - expect to see something official in the first half of 2010.

Old 11-14-09, 09:58 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car, but not like the color at all.
Old 06-16-10, 11:51 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Hotter Jaguar XKR confirmed

Jaguar has reportedly confirmed that a more powerful, more vicious version of the XKR will go into production later this year. According to Autocar, the car is based off of the XKR Goodwood Special (pictured), and has already lapped the Nürburgring in 7 minutes, 58 seconds during testing. Not bad at all.

Official details on powertrain and chassis upgrades haven't been revealed just yet, but if the Goodwood Special XKR is anything to go on, expect the supercharged 5.0-liter V8 to get a slight boost in power (for reference, the lime green XKR cranked out 530 horsepower and 515 pound-feet of torque), as well as a lowered suspension, tweaked exhaust and larger wheels. What's more, Jaguar has confirmed that this new XKR will have a top speed of at least 186 miles per hour (the all-important 300-kph mark in Germany).

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/16/r...xkr-confirmed/
Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special unveiled...(CONFIRMED)-jaguar-xkr-goodwood-special-7.jpg  
Old 06-16-10, 12:27 PM
LexFather

Thanks for the update. I love this car!

Old 06-16-10, 06:47 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm.

So what is the difference between this and the '11 XKR with Speed/Black pack? I'm very interested in looking at the new ones when they arrive but much prefer the look of the Speed/Black's that have been discussed on here and would be happy with a few less hp for a much better looking car.
Old 06-17-10, 06:51 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Hmmm.

So what is the difference between this and the '11 XKR with Speed/Black pack? I'm very interested in looking at the new ones when they arrive but much prefer the look of the Speed/Black's that have been discussed on here and would be happy with a few less hp for a much better looking car.
Not sure yet as specs haven't been released.