Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special unveiled...(CONFIRMED)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 07:44 PM
LexFather

Exclamation Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special unveiled...(CONFIRMED)

PRESS RELEASE

FASTEST JAGUAR EVER AT GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 2009

The fastest Jaguar ever will make its UK debut later this week at the famous Goodwood Festival of Speed. The Jaguar's XFR Prototype made its record-breaking run at the legendary Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah last November, reaching a stunning top speed of 225.675mph.

The XFR Prototype, which will be driven by Rocketsports Racing owner, Paul Gentilozzi, the man behind the wheel at Bonneville, appears in Goodwood's 'First Glance' category. A one-off Jaguar XKR will join the 'Supercar run', driven by Mike Cross, Jaguar's Chief Engineer of Vehicle Integrity.

Mike O'Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars, said: "The essence of the Festival is speed, making it the perfect venue for fielding Jaguar's fastest car ever – the record-breaking XFR Prototype.

"The XKR 'Goodwood Special'
has been developed as a one-off to explore the harder side of the XKR's character and allow our engineering team to explore some performance boundaries. The Festival of Speed gives us the opportunity to have fun in a high performance car without all the practical and legal requirements of driving on the road getting in the way!

"These stunning modern Jaguars will be accompanied by a terrific selection of our 'fastest' and most significant historic vehicles."

In keeping with this year's endurance theme, Jaguar's illustrious heritage will be represented on 'The Hill' in the form of Le Mans winners – the D-type and the C-type. Jaguar will also field the unique XJ13 a car designed for endurance racing in the 1960s but which never competed – yet is still considered by many to be one of the most beautiful racing cars of all time.

Long Nose D-TYPE returns to The Hill
The 1957 Le Mans winning long-nose D-type will roar its way up the hallowed hill climb once again. Duncan Hamilton won the Reims 12-hour race in this car in 1956 along with Ivor Bueb and that same year, Mike Hawthorn entered the 1956 24-hour race at Le Mans with Bueb, finishing sixth. Hawthorn and Bueb drove this car again in 1957 at Sebring, finishing third.

First victory for Jaguar at Le Mans 24-hour race – Jaguar C-TYPE
The C-type brought Jaguar its first victory in the Le Mans 24-hour race. Once the XK120 had finished twelfth in the 1950 Le Mans, demonstrating its abilities in racing, it was clear Jaguar had the makings of a world-beater spurring on chief engineer William Heynes to create a competition version for Le Mans – the C-type.

The only one in the world – Jaguar XJ13
The XJ13 is one of the most beautiful racing cars of all time, thanks to the extraordinary work of aerodynamicist Malcolm Sayer. Although the XJ13 was built as a potential Le Mans contender, it never competed in a race due to various business reasons but the potential of this unique 502bhp, 5-litre V12 engine was never doubted.

Bonneville XFR
Running with minor aerodynamic and safety modifications to meet the requirements for a Bonneville run, the 225mph top speed was achieved with additional horsepower liberated by a remapped ECU, a modified air intake and exhaust system and revised supercharger settings. No internal engine components were changed and the six-speed automatic transmission was standard, including the gear ratios. Paul's link with Jaguar comes from his success with the XKR in the American Trans Am Series – he has achieved five series victories between 2001 and 2006.

Goodwood Special XKR
As well as performance enhancements and a louder exhaust, this one-off XKR, based on a MY10 vehicle, features 21-inch wheels and a lowered ride-height. The exterior also stands out with a unique Lime Green paint scheme and XKR exterior graphic along with satin graphite detailing to the front grilles, headlights, door mirrors, side window surrounds, rear signature blade and bonnet louvres.

For further information on Jaguar's heritage vehicles please visit [URL]http://www.jdht.com./URL]

Old 06-30-09, 07:45 PM
LexFather

My GOD I would hit that so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (goes to play lotto).........

Old 06-30-09, 07:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

One of mmarshall's favorite color ?
Old 06-30-09, 08:27 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sick.......i want.
Old 06-30-09, 09:53 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

sorry, more like "dead wood" here from this skittle lime green
Old 06-30-09, 11:10 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't like that colour on that car. But the XKR is a really nice looking car, I love it.
Old 06-30-09, 11:19 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's like the car had asparagus and couldn't pee...
Old 07-01-09, 06:38 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one please
Old 07-01-09, 07:50 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Don't like that colour on that car. But the XKR is a really nice looking car, I love it.
Yes. My eyes hurt from that color.
Old 07-01-09, 08:00 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The color is not to my taste (I think Phil summed it up best )

But I like the car a lot, I'd take one
Old 07-01-09, 06:51 PM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
It's like the car had asparagus and couldn't pee...
LOL.

But yes, is this color really necessary?
Old 07-01-09, 06:57 PM
LexFather

I'm telling yall I'm going to hit a XKR and you can call me 1SICKJAG I freaking love the XKR.....

This thing makes me moist...

I like bright colors!

Old 07-01-09, 08:47 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bright colors are nice but only good on certain cars

jaguar should never ever have any bright neon ish colors
Old 07-01-09, 09:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
One of mmarshall's favorite color ?
No. Too much yellowish-tint in it.......makes it look like puke.

Now here's a nice lime green....a color on some of the Dodge/Plymouth muscle cars
I grew up with.

Lambo also had a nice lime green on some of their recent cars.

Old 07-01-09, 09:24 PM
LexFather

^^^ That Lambo is sick!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Jaguar XKR Goodwood Special unveiled...(CONFIRMED)