Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Want a chance to drive a 2010 HS250h for a week? How about a whole year?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-09, 11:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Exclamation Want a chance to drive a 2010 HS250h for a week? How about a whole year?!

The new dedicated hybrid 2010 Lexus HS250h is going to be one of the first in the entry level luxury hybrid class coming later this year. Because of Lexus continued Pursuit of Perfection, they want to give a rare and special opportunity to everyone. Instead of just a regular ride and drive, you can have a chance to drive a 2010 HS250h for a whole week, maybe even up to a year. The catch is, you must have the popular vote!

Now how does it work? It's very simple. You must sign up and register on www.drivehs.com. Once you have completed the registration process, you will be prompted to create a short profile. Your profile must reflect your desire to drive the HS250h and be convincing to everyone on why you should win. A dedicated URL will be assigned for your profile and you must share it with friends, family and etc. to gather votes. The person with the highest vote count will win the grand prize of driving the HS250h for a whole year. 100 runners up will win a week drive of the HS. The top three vote getters will also receive weekend stays at a participating Fairmont Hotel, and all winners will receive a Lexus Hybrid Living Gift Bag. Aside from the winning votes, one lucky participant will be randomly selected by Lexus to drive the HS250h for a whole year.

The contest is good from July 1, 2009 to July 31, 2009. Winners will be notified in late August and the actual drives are slated to start around September 2009. There are 10 select cities where the prizes will be available for pick up. This contest is valid for those in the United States and the 49 contiguous states that Lexus USA services.

Good luck!

www.drivehs.com
http://www.lexus.com/fcv/HSHybrid.html

Last edited by flipside909; 07-03-09 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-03-09, 11:36 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate promotions like this. These always translate to "spam all of your friends and even people on the internet who you've never met and never care to meet to vote for you and in the process promote our new car with your endorsements and unsolicited links to your profile which will inevitably contain our own advertisements for the car".

They're basically bribing people to ***** themselves out on car forums and social media sites.
Old 07-03-09, 04:59 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I hate promotions like this. These always translate to "spam all of your friends and even people on the internet who you've never met and never care to meet to vote for you and in the process promote our new car with your endorsements and unsolicited links to your profile which will inevitably contain our own advertisements for the car".

They're basically bribing people to ***** themselves out on car forums and social media sites.
In layman terms, "A good promotional stunt!"
Old 07-03-09, 07:27 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
In layman terms, "A good promotional stunt!"
+1 a great promotional stunt!!

PS thanks Flipside for looping us in
Old 07-03-09, 08:51 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Id do it for the is-f. Im not too sure about the hs250 though.
Old 07-03-09, 09:49 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never available for Canada ... no love.
Old 07-03-09, 09:54 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester

agreed, contest rules are for those living in the US. why is it we never get these great offers?
Old 07-03-09, 11:09 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

LEXUS IF YOU'RE LISTENING!!!!

To make up for this great oversight in extending the contest to Canada as well, we feel an excellent way to make it up to us is to offer a similar contest but instead of an HS use the IS-F or even the IS-C.

Thank you

(if you don't want to go to the trouble of actually having a contest, you can just give me an IS350-C for the year, or do I write it ISC350? Too confusing, I guess I'll just have to take the IS-F)
Old 07-03-09, 11:13 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

I would be happy if Lexus Canada would just offer the exact same perks and service as Lexus USA. Let alone this contest!
Old 07-04-09, 01:02 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
agreed, contest rules are for those living in the US. why is it we never get these great offers?
LEXUS IF YOU'RE LISTENING!!!!

To make up for this great oversight in extending the contest to Canada as well, we feel an excellent way to make it up to us is to offer a similar contest but instead of an HS use the IS-F or even the IS-C.

Thank you

(if you don't want to go to the trouble of actually having a contest, you can just give me an IS350-C for the year, or do I write it ISC350? Too confusing, I guess I'll just have to take the IS-F)
Originally Posted by ivanz
I would be happy if Lexus Canada would just offer the exact same perks and service as Lexus USA. Let alone this contest!
tell it to lexus of canada.