Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The new Acura TL is really growing on me... (1sick's next thread. reserved)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-09, 09:38 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this car just doesn't look classy PERIOD! can't help it...
Old 07-04-09, 09:54 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

did you guys see this article...
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/..._awd_road_test

What would Bruce Wayne drive? For those times when you absolutely, positively have to get to the Bat Cave, may we suggest the tenacious traction of the SH-AWD.

I don't think so, he drive Lambo's in the movie... If he needs AWD, maybe... Black on Black GT-R V-spec!
Old 07-04-09, 10:04 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The last TL is beautiful. Its really showing how good of a design it is as time passes. It is a classy vehicle and you would be hard pressed to know its an Accord based FWD car. Here is a pic of a Type-S at a meet I was at Thursday. Looked great, dropped with 20" 8.5 wheels all around. All the car guys were looking at it and complimented it. Some guy brought up "have you seen the new TL, with the face" and everyone blasted how ugly it was. One said it looked like a wrecked Saturn. I didn't even have to say anything, everyone else did it for me!
agreed, the 3rd gen TL was quite nice. i was driving a 2nd gen TL ('99 MY), and i was looking forward to replacing my old TL with the new 4th gen TL. glad i didn't!
Old 07-04-09, 11:53 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah. why are people discussing the TL again?

this thread is just for chits and giggles
Old 07-05-09, 02:56 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The TL is ugly... yes, but to say that its not a competitor in its class or that acura is a sub par luxury brand car company is just uninformed. To each his own but facts are facts. Its not like trying to argue how bad american cars have been
Old 07-05-09, 06:28 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The TL is ugly... yes, but to say that its not a competitor in its class or that acura is a sub par luxury brand car company is just uninformed. To each his own but facts are facts. Its not like trying to argue how bad american cars have been
I agree. The new TL isn't for everyone (It's not my cup of tea), but even in this economy it's selling well. There are a lot of people who like it well enough to buy one.
Old 07-05-09, 08:22 AM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think there is a car that is hated on the internet as much as the Acura TL. I'd be really interested to hear what Acura has to say about their choice in designing the TL the way they did.
Old 07-05-09, 08:48 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That half-painted grille, to me, looks just as ugly as the all-metallic one. They should (probably) paint the whole thing if they are going to do it.....IMO, it would look better.
I don't think there is any saving that grille. Just get a different one (different entire car that is)
Old 07-05-09, 11:03 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, that's just CAR CHAT...the reason this forum is named that.

For instance, how many times does FKL bring up VWs, DASHOCKER bring up BMWs, Mike (1SICK) get on new Acuras, or even me bringing up the issue of automotive image and stereotype? That's just the nature of this forum.
Thanks for reminding up about CHIT CHAT or whatever its called and this rerun thread. I agree with what you said unfortunately and yep that Acura is certainly ugly.