Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

F1 failure due to jews says Bernie

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 08:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,412 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
Maybe its just me, but I don't see anything wrong with what the guy said. In fact, a large number of Jewish people are heads of banks and do have tons of influence in banking circles.
when he says something like (your quote) "it's a pity they didn't sort the banks out" he is BLAMING an ETHNIC/religious group for not preventing the global financial crisis. not only is this absurd, it's a 100% bigoted comment.

As for NASCAR, I have never seen anything more boring in my life (although I find F1 slightly less boring, but boring nonetheless).
on that we agree.
Old 07-07-09, 08:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Back to the original topic: Bernie and Max are crazy. They have successfully played the teams off each other to further their common agenda for years.
That type of strategy can only go so far. A number of the teams are leaving.

On the viewership side. The auto industry and economic meltdown has seriously hurt attendance at all racing venues and it will be interesting to see how 2010 shapes up.
Racing is also seen by environmentalists and many left-wingers as a waste of fuel and unnecessary pollution (although racing-grade alcohol generally burns pretty clean). I don't necessarily feel that way myself, but many people do.
Old 07-07-09, 08:27 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
when he says something like (your quote) "it's a pity they didn't sort the banks out" he is BLAMING an ETHNIC/religious group for not preventing the global financial crisis. not only is this absurd, it's a 100% bigoted comment.
I certainly did not get that impression when reading it. It sounded more like a tongue in cheek comment based on the fact that they are asking him to resign (when their organization has no control over F1) so he is saying since they claim to have this power over everything, that they should have solved the banking crisis. I don't see how this is blaming anyone, its just a ridiculous reply to a ridiculous request.
I personally found the reply of the WJC to be overblown to the original interview he had with the Times.

Obviously they can do neither, and if you read the rest of the link I posted, he clearly states that he in no way is anti-Semitic but they are making him out to be.
Sorry, but the original article is just fear mongering and stretching the truth to something I would call trash journalism.
Old 07-07-09, 08:30 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That type of strategy can only go so far. A number of the teams are leaving.
Incorrect. Though there has been the threat of a breakaway series (which IMO sadly didn't come to fruition) all the teams have supposedly signed up for next year and if the agreement is to be believed have signed on through 2012.

Racing is also seen by environmentalists and many left-wingers as a waste of fuel and unnecessary pollution (although racing-grade alcohol generally burns pretty clean). I don't necessarily feel that way myself, but many people do.
Agreed. These are some of the same morons that can't do math. How many cars over how much time vs. say... boats, lawnmowers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, PWC, etc... Let's worry about things that can really make a difference please...
Old 07-07-09, 08:36 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

boring road courses vs. around and around and around??
HAHAHAAAA... that's what i was thinking...
Old 07-07-09, 08:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Incorrect. Though there has been the threat of a breakaway series (which IMO sadly didn't come to fruition) all the teams have supposedly signed up for next year and if the agreement is to be believed have signed on through 2012.
OK, point taken; perhaps I could have phrased my last post better. I meant the remaining teams currently still there, after the ones that left in the past.
Old 07-07-09, 08:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I certainly did not get that impression when reading it. It sounded more like a tongue in cheek comment based on the fact that they are asking him to resign (when their organization has no control over F1) so he is saying since they claim to have this power over everything, that they should have solved the banking crisis. I don't see how this is blaming anyone, its just a ridiculous reply to a ridiculous request.
I personally found the reply of the WJC to be overblown to the original interview he had with the Times.

Obviously they can do neither, and if you read the rest of the link I posted, he clearly states that he in no way is anti-Semitic but they are making him out to be.
Sorry, but the original article is just fear mongering and stretching the truth to something I would call trash journalism.
Good point. Perhaps some of us did over-react a little.
Old 07-07-09, 08:44 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

OK, point taken; perhaps I could have phrased my last post better. I meant the remaining teams currently still there, after the ones that left in the past.
And the three new one's (33% growth) that join next year.

Back to the original topic again: Why can't these guys just keep their mouths shut? Seems like they think they are untouchable. That's the main reason I wish FOTA had fully called their bluff. F1 continues to be a bit of a mess and the best thing they can do is follow the fans input more than these two old geezers.
Old 07-07-09, 08:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

boring road courses vs. around and around and around?
Originally Posted by gsCrazy
HAHAHAAAA... that's what i was thinking...
I addressed the reasons why I disagree in a previous post.

I fail to see how people can find NASCAR simple or boring, with the comments about monkeys driving cars in endless left turns. when you have several dozen cars, all going 200 MPH (where carburator restrictor plates allow it), bunched up inches apart in high-banked turns, sucking off each other's bumpers in aero-drafts, 3 and even 4 abreast, it is dangerous as hell. One tiny false move by a single driver can lead to an instant 20-car pileup. Tony Stewart, who I consider an a** hole, is notorious for bump-spinning people out.
Old 07-07-09, 08:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

F1 continues to be a bit of a mess and the best thing they can do is follow the fans input more than these two old geezers.
At their age, they may (?) be retiring soon. They can certainly afford to.
Old 07-07-09, 09:35 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

I fail to see how people can find NASCAR simple or boring, with the comments about monkeys driving cars in endless left turns.
That was always my opinion until I did it....wait, it's still my opinion. I used to make fun of a friend of mine for watching NASCAR and she kept telling me all the skill it takes, etc. etc. Finally she got frustrated and took me to one of the super-fancy official NASCAR simulators, where you're in a full-motion, full-scale replica of a car. Was like $25 per person for 5 laps or something crazy like that. I let her pick the track, but told her to choose a challenging one.

With the exception of tagging the clutch a few times as I wound my way up to top gear, the only pedal I ever touched was the gas, and it was solidly on the floor the ENTIRE time. Then it was just a matter of turning the wheel slightly left every 10 seconds or so. I think I wound up in 11th place after the 5 laps, out of a field of 45 or so. Easiest real or simulated race I've ever participated in, with the exception of a superspeedway endurance race in Gran Turismo for the Playstation, where I wrapped two rubberbands around the controller and walked away for three hours.

That was nearly 10 years ago, and I still make fun of her to this day for getting excited about rednecks driving in circles. Even Autocross is 100x harder than NASCAR, despite speeds that almost never exceed 50mph, and often drop below 10.

Last edited by geko29; 07-07-09 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 09:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by geko29
That was always my opinion until I did it....wait, it's still my opinion. I used to make fun of a friend of mine for watching NASCAR and she kept telling me all the skill it takes, etc. etc. Finally she got frustrated and took me to one of the super-fancy official NASCAR simulators, where you're in a full-motion, full-scale replica of a car. Was like $25 per person for 5 laps or something crazy like that. I let her pick the track, but told her to choose a challenging one.

With the exception of tagging the clutch a few times as I wound my way up to top gear, the only pedal I ever touched was the gas, and it was solidly on the floor the ENTIRE time. Then it was just a matter of turning the wheel slightly left every 10 seconds or so. I think I wound up in 11th place after the 5 laps, out of a field of 45 or so. Easiest real or simulated race I've ever participated in, with the exception of a superspeedway endurance race in Gran Turismo for the Playstation, where I wrapped two rubberbands around the controller and walked away for three hours.

That was nearly 10 years ago, and I still make fun of her to this day for getting excited about rednecks driving in circles. Even Autocross is 100x harder than NASCAR, despite speeds that almost never exceed 50mph, and often drop below 10.
Did the simulator give you G-forces, wind, drafting, the effects of unevenly worn tires, unbalanced wheels, a**holes like Tony Stewart bumping into you on purpose, a single or multiple-car spinout right in front of you that you have to avoid, an oil patch or slick on the track, or having to communicate with your pit crew or officials while watching both the road and all the instruments at once? Methinks not.
Old 07-07-09, 11:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree with you 100%. I dont see anything that deserves any attention really. This is just an ignorant comment . I wouldnt go so far as to call it racist or anti semetic.
People just need to chill out. There are so many other more horrible things that people have done and said over the past 24 hrs its insane
Old 07-08-09, 02:03 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

boring road courses vs. around and around and around??
Thank you! Nascar is all about throwing the dog in the truck bed, getting the shotgun, and throwing back a twelve pack (honestly, I have no idea how one could ever watch Nascar sober and be entertained by it).
Old 07-08-09, 03:21 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

what an original scapegoat.....

Quick Reply: F1 failure due to jews says Bernie