Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

F1 failure due to jews says Bernie

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 04:51 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 failure due to jews says Bernie

After attempting to clarify and apologize for his recent and controversial professed admiration for Adolf Hitler's ability to "get things done," F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has reportedly added fuel to the fire by blaming "the Jews" for failing to address the worldwide banking crisis.

Ecclestone apparently issued the controversial comments in response to calls made for his resignation by the community advocacy organization World Jewish Congress. According to Ecclestone, "It's a pity they didn't sort the banks out.... They have a lot of influence everywhere." He would go on to add that his colleague – FIA president Max Mosley, the fascist leader's son who made headlines for allegedly engaging in a ****-themed S&M orgy with several prostitutes – would make a good prime minister.

In addition to protests lodged by Jewish organizations worldwide, elements within Germany have publicly stated that they are appalled by Ecclestone's comments, which come just days before the start of the German Grand Prix. Government officials in Germany have already canceled meetings with Ecclestone, while some have speculated that the series' German teams – which include McLaren-Mercedes and BMW Sauber as well as the Cologne-based Toyota team – could boycott Ecclestone's leadership, whatever practical implication that would have. Either way, following hot on the heels of FOTA's near split with Formula One's management, Ecclestone would do well to watch his next step.
(Courtesy of Autoblog)
Old 07-07-09, 05:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

does this a-hole not answer to anyone!?
Old 07-07-09, 06:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

is this news worthy ???? please close this thread
Old 07-07-09, 06:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

as repulsive as his comments are, i think they are newsworthy and i will not close this thread (although another mod of course can do so).

i think people should know about who runs and controls this giant sporting empire.
Old 07-07-09, 06:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

NASCAR, not Jews, is what is putting F1 out of buisness, at least in the U.S.

Many people, especially here in America, simply don't want to watch boring road courses anymore, when they can have far more exciting action on super-speedways like Charlotte, Daytona, and Indy. The numbers.....and race attandence......are proving that.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-07-09 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 07:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Many people, especially here in America, simply don't want to watch boring road courses anymore, when they can have far more exciting action on super-speedways like Charlotte, Daytona, and Indy. The numbers.....and race attandence......are proving that.
boring road courses vs. around and around and around??
Old 07-07-09, 07:07 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Wow, whoever wrote that article needs to be banned from every writing anything again. It's completely misleading and sounds like something out of a local rag.

But Ecclestone said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press that "I think the people who are saying that (I should resign) haven't got the power to say these things."

If the WJC is influential, he said, "it's a pity they didn't sort the banks out." Asked to elaborate, Ecclestone said, "They have a lot of influence everywhere."
Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...bIa9X79Wc0hdIQ
Maybe its just me, but I don't see anything wrong with what the guy said. In fact, a large number of Jewish people are heads of banks and do have tons of influence in banking circles.

As for NASCAR, I have never seen anything more boring in my life (although I find F1 slightly less boring, but boring nonetheless).
Old 07-07-09, 07:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Look at the attendence figures. Numbers talk. Lots of people DON'T find NASCAR boring.

Ecclestone doesn't seem to want to admit that he can't compete with NASCAR, so he's grasping for straws to find an excuse.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-07-09 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 07:25 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it sux that ppl like that are at the head of such a great sport. I'm sorry but i think Nascar sux and is so boring its not about the attendance figures or numbers its about speed, braking and actualy racing not just going as fast as you can while going left. If your a NASCAR fan thats cool but imo its Yawnnnn I only watch the nascar truck series and thats sometimes and i also watch Days of Thunder LoL
Old 07-07-09, 07:29 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yea that was a funny comment
Old 07-07-09, 07:42 PM
LexFather

F1 is downhill b/c of his and Max's gotdamn egos and ridiculous rules. Nascar Mike is down as well in attendance and they are slowly dying as the new generation does not follow it.

Old 07-07-09, 07:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
F1 is downhill b/c of his and Max's gotdamn egos and ridiculous rules.
Correct, but that is just one reason among several. The point is that, per the thread title, he can't blame Jews for it. Ecclestone has a reputation for bull-headedness.

Nascar Mike is down as well in attendance and they are slowly dying as the new generation does not follow it.
True, NASCAR is probably not as popular with the younger generation, but its numbers in the U.S. still trump those of F1's CHAMP Car and Indy Racing League. It's also interesting that F1's Indy Racing League, in general, is doing betetr than CHAMP. IRL is more into super-speedway-type racing, at Indy, than CHAMP, which is mostly road courses.

I fail to see how people can find NASCAR simple or boring, with the comments about monkeys driving cars in endless left turns. when you have several dozen cars, all going 200 MPH (where carburator restrictor plates allow it), bunched up inches apart in high-banked turns, sucking off each other's bumpers in aero-drafts, 3 and even 4 abreast, it is dangerous as hell. One tiny false move by a single driver can lead to an instant 20-car pileup. Tony Stewart, who I consider an a** hole, is notorious for bump-spinning people out.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-07-09 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 08:04 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Look at the attendence figures. Numbers talk. Lots of people DON'T find NASCAR boring.

Ecclestone doesn't seem to want to admit that he can't compete with NASCAR, so he's grasping for straws to find an excuse.
I don't think NASCAR is even on Bernie's radar as he's looking at a global audience. They are somewhat close in revenues but F1 is still ahead. Over 350 million people watch a single race around the world. Over 6 billion will watch throughout the season. F1 revenues are around $217 million per event. $3.9 Billion per season.

NASCAR does well but was closer to $3 Billion per year in revenues with no real audience worldwide. They are averaging between 5.5 and 8.5 million viewers depending on whether we are talking FOX or TNT. The reason revenue is as high as it is and viewership is as low is the TV deal that NASCAR put together. ABC, FOX, TNT and Speed went nuts for the rights to cover NASCAR.

So while open wheel racing may not be on your radar please don't confuse the passion much of the world has for F1 (just like soccer aka "football").
Old 07-07-09, 08:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
I don't think NASCAR is even on Bernie's radar as he's looking at a global audience. They are somewhat close in revenues but F1 is still ahead. Over 350 million people watch a single race around the world. Over 6 billion will watch throughout the season. F1 revenues are around $217 million per event. $3.9 Billion per season.

NASCAR does well but was closer to $3 Billion per year in revenues with no real audience worldwide. They are averaging between 5.5 and 8.5 million viewers depending on whether we are talking FOX or TNT. The reason revenue is as high as it is and viewership is as low is the TV deal that NASCAR put together. ABC, FOX, TNT and Speed went nuts for the rights to cover NASCAR.

So while open wheel racing may not be on your radar please don't confuse the passion much of the world has for F1 (just like soccer aka "football").
I agree.....NASCAR's dominance is mostly in the U.S., not abroad. It used to be mostly in the South, but is now more nation-wide.

Still, I just see Ecclestone just grasping at straws when he tries to blame Jews for his own problems.....as Mike (1SICKLEX) pointed out, much of which were caused by his own arrogance. The banking crisis, of course, didn't help, but that's not necessarily because of Jews. Jews don't have a monopoly on world banks......that is an old stereotype that was perpetrated by the *****.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-07-09 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-07-09, 08:10 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

True, NASCAR is probably not as popular with the younger generation, but its numbers in the U.S. still trump those of F1's CHAMP Car and Indy Racing League.
Please stop confusing the IRL with F1. They have nothing to do with each other. Champ car does not exist anymore (hasn't for over a year).

Back to the original topic: Bernie and Max are crazy. They have successfully played the teams off each other to further their common agenda for years. I think old age is either catching up with them or years of being powerful and having people tell them how wonderful and powerful they are have finally warped their sense of reality. I'm glad to see people start calling their bluffs.

On the viewership side. The auto industry and economic meltdown has seriously hurt attendance at all racing venues and it will be interesting to see how 2010 shapes up.

Quick Reply: F1 failure due to jews says Bernie