Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

a BMW dealership (salesperson) lied

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 07:35 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
BMW salesman like to talk performance, that is BMW's edgy. They will say anything to steer the conversation toward performance to make the customers forget about BMW's short comings.
My CA said very little when I got my first BMW back in 2006. When you enter the show room, CA's are not on the prowl for wanderers hounding them as you would find in other show rooms. I speak from my experience times 3.
Old 07-17-09, 07:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

You walk into any luxury car showroom, most of the time, the salesmans dont jump all over you like the Hyundai dealers
Old 07-17-09, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
BMW salesman like to talk performance, that is BMW's edgy. They will say anything to steer the conversation toward performance to make the customers forget about BMW's short comings.
i don't know if they cover up the short comings, coz' they did tell me it's good decision to lease rather than buy

but all the sales did gear bmw toward performance, and mostly performance
Old 07-17-09, 10:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know if they cover up the short comings, coz' they did tell me it's good decision to lease rather than buy
Perhaps the biggest shortcoming when the salespeople have to sit down in the right front seat and tediously explain and demonstrate the I-Drive to a large percentage of their customers. Many of the sales people themselves can't figure it out, and they sell these cars for a living. Ditto, to an extent, Audis and the MMI.
Old 07-17-09, 02:05 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never gone to a dealer and had a question about the car I was going to purchase. I usually go straight to negotiations.

There was an episode on 20/20 or something when there was a few rollovers on SUV's. They brought a hidden camera and asked the salesperson at different dealerships about the handling when there were 7-8 people in the SUV. Most of them actually said it would handle better because it would sit lower,lol.

A little off topic, but I hate it when I pull up to a dealer in my work pickup truck and there are NO salesperson that approach me. But when I pull up in my Lexus there's a saleperson there before I even park. It's happened to me at a Nissan, Lexus and a Toyota dealer. I didn't know I needed a nice car to go look at a new car.
Old 07-17-09, 02:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by sphy1005
I've never gone to a dealer and had a question about the car I was going to purchase. I usually go straight to negotiations.

There was an episode on 20/20 or something when there was a few rollovers on SUV's. They brought a hidden camera and asked the salesperson at different dealerships about the handling when there were 7-8 people in the SUV. Most of them actually said it would handle better because it would sit lower,lol.

A little off topic, but I hate it when I pull up to a dealer in my work pickup truck and there are NO salesperson that approach me. But when I pull up in my Lexus there's a saleperson there before I even park. It's happened to me at a Nissan, Lexus and a Toyota dealer. I didn't know I needed a nice car to go look at a new car.
lol imagine when i went to honda dealership in my sc430

and yeah, when i was test driving the odyssey the sales told me it handles as good as a 7 series

ah, why didn't i think about that