Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

a BMW dealership (salesperson) lied

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09, 11:33 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default a BMW dealership (salesperson) lied

So to make a long story short I was at a BMW dealreship today and one of the salesman came out and we started talking about the BMW M3. he ends up being a former race driver back in europe (Lotus) and he tells me that he Dynod his M3 at 3 different locations and he got 500HP TO THE WHEELS.... I asked him again and again and he said that the M3 is unrated from the factory. hahaha. I was about to say my IS350 has 550hp but its slow as hell for having that much hp.
He said he raced an ISF at the BMW South Carolina plant and gave it over 2 seconds on a straight line and ended up beating it. he also said he raced the F around the track and beat it, but thats about the only realistic thing he said.

Last edited by juice14; 07-07-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 12:13 AM
Lexus999
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juice14
So to make a long story short I was at a BMW dealreship today and one of the salesman came out and we started talking about the BMW M3. he ends up being a former race driver back in europe (Lotus) and he tells me that he Dynod his M3 at 3 different locations and he got 500HP TO THE WHEELS.... I asked him again and again and he said that the M3 is unrated from the factory. hahaha. I was about to say my IS350 has 550hp but its slow as hell for having that much hp.
He said he raced an ISF at the BMW South Carolina plant and gave it over 2 seconds on a straight line and ended up beating it. he also said he raced the F around the track and beat it, but thats about the only realistic thing he said.
wow 500 at the wheels???? LMAO thats like 580+ at the crank.... if thats the case the M3 would blow the doors off a corvette z06.. or even a GTR for that matter!!! LMAO LMAO LMAO.... ya that salesman is full of ****....
Old 07-08-09, 12:39 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

wow......I can not believe what he just said......no way that a M3 can put out that much HP to the wheel......and I am sure he is not a race car driver either.
Old 07-08-09, 03:20 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

You think that's bad? I went to a Subaru dealership to look at the new hatchback STI for my son. And this nice salesman was helping me out and his "manager" came out told the nice salesman to "beat it" and started challenging me. Telling me my ISF was crap and this his own STI would beat it (probably would but so what?). And he ended by saying "whenever you feel like your man enough, come back and we'll talk"

I was like . Since when did we start berating potential customers?? Not even the officers at the county jail were that harsh to me...
Old 07-08-09, 06:16 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

So tell me, do all IS-F owners have that affect on people
Old 07-08-09, 07:11 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience, Lexus in general (and especially the IS F), is a rather abrasive subject for BMW people.

Further proof that anyone who speaks english can be employed at a car dealership. The other thread talks about people stealing, here they lie. Quality individuals!
Old 07-08-09, 07:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to America
Old 07-08-09, 07:29 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 733 Likes on 505 Posts

There are dealerships that don't lie?

Originally Posted by f=ma
You think that's bad? I went to a Subaru dealership to look at the new hatchback STI for my son. And this nice salesman was helping me out and his "manager" came out told the nice salesman to "beat it" and started challenging me. Telling me my ISF was crap and this his own STI would beat it (probably would but so what?). And he ended by saying "whenever you feel like your man enough, come back and we'll talk"

I was like . Since when did we start berating potential customers?? Not even the officers at the county jail were that harsh to me...
He must be compensating for something.
Old 07-08-09, 07:30 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
In my experience, Lexus in general (and especially the IS F), is a rather abrasive subject for BMW people.

Further proof that anyone who speaks english can be employed at a car dealership. The other thread talks about people stealing, here they lie. Quality individuals!
They don't need tp speak englidh, I was at BMW a few years back helping a friend of mine get a 3 & the sales chick we had ONLY knew the specs for the M3 & tried to tell us that the 325 had the same specs. It became obvious she didn't speak english when I asked her a question about the sounds system and her only response was 'uh, C...D...'
Old 07-08-09, 07:43 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

^ I don't know about the Bimmer dealerships where you live but in Vancouver because so many people buy BMWs, the sales staff is usually really uneducated & will default to 'you should buy it because it's a BMW'.

They never know about the old models (coming from my search for the E46 M3) and don't even want to sell you the car, they only want you to lease.

I've had one sales guy understand what I was looking for (little plug for Park Shore BMW right there) but other than that, nope. I get, 'no, you should get a new one, we have great lease rates' (I don't want a new one or to lease) or 'here's a 335, it's almost the same car!' (so isn't, even drove it to be sure, I'm sure)

I think BWM relies a lot on the following and not so much on an educated staff.
Old 07-08-09, 08:32 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's very possible that he's making that much power if he has quite a few bolt on mods or has forced induction. But it sounds like you're saying he's claiming that's what it made straight from the factory?

If so then yeah... complete 100% BS. There's no way the M3 even comes close to 400 RWHP stock, much less 500hp.

Of course car dealers in general are generally full of crap anyway... as are a whole lot of car owners who are into cars but not enough to know what they're talking about. It's always funny to hear people lie to you about their cars... the people think they're fooling you but don't know enough about cars to realize what they're saying is completely retarded.
Old 07-08-09, 08:52 AM
LexFather

Nothing new really I always know more than the salesman at any car dealer. I've yet to meet a car enthusiast at ANY dealership except this one younger guy at a NIssan dealership that knew everything about my modded GS 400. He tried to sell me a Maxima

When i hear the inaccurate info I usually just chuckle and listen.

Old 07-08-09, 09:18 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Welcome to America
Yep and welcome to the stuff that auto sales people often spew.
Old 07-08-09, 09:18 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Nothing new really I always know more than the salesman at any car dealer. I've yet to meet a car enthusiast at ANY dealership except this one younger guy at a NIssan dealership that knew everything about my modded GS 400. He tried to sell me a Maxima

When i hear the inaccurate info I usually just chuckle and listen.
Exactly, who can take these clowns seriously.
Old 07-08-09, 09:49 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't listening to the "lies" and sifting through the blatant ignorance/misinformation part of the fun in shopping for a car? Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way... haha

The best is when you're shopping for something you obviously know more about than the salesperson and then you call them out on some of the BS they are throwing you.

Quick Reply: a BMW dealership (salesperson) lied