Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New E-Class Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 01:36 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New E-Class Commercials

Anyone been seeing these lately? They are spectacular and really elevate the E-Class not just as a car, but a legacy.

What It's Made Of (Sedan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiyM...e=channel_page

Museum Trip (Coupe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiNtc...e=channel_page

Ignite (sedan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f9Lv...e=channel_page

Hippie (funny - sedan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfzbV...e=channel_page

Last edited by FKL; 07-10-09 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 02:37 AM
Epik151
Driver

rofl Benz. Terrible reliability apparently. Even the one in the commercial already has a malfunction light on.
Old 07-08-09, 06:18 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MB have always been that way. Status symbol car that (other) people think are the best until you own one. Luxury performance cars that look awesome inside & out. There like a hot stripper. You know they come will alot of drama, but your still attracted to them & want one.
Reliablity have always been & will be suspect. Just take it into the dealer for free warranty service & maintaince.

Let me be REAL!! They SUCK monkey *****. I had nothing but problems with mine.My Dad,Uncle,Friends have only had bad experiences with them too.
Maybe we just got a bad batch.

Last edited by PAULGS430; 07-09-09 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-08-09, 10:50 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Epik151
rofl Benz. Terrible reliability apparently. Even the one in the commercial already has a malfunction light on.
Lol, where is the light? When the ignition is turned on in the third commercial?

you really can't please everyone, not everybody is going to like a Benz, some will always write off all it's inherent values as fluff and imaginary prestige, but come on guys...if you want all out low maintinence costs, go buy a Camry, don't buy a $60K luxury sedan. Just different strokes as not everybody is out for only reliability...
Old 07-08-09, 11:10 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

They're still nice even if their reliability isn't the best... Cool commercials- Thanks for the post

Last edited by LexFather; 07-08-09 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-08-09, 11:26 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FKL
lol alright. Yeah, it's a high-end German luxury car, not a Camry
Yup, its not a taxi worldwide

MB has always played their history/prestige in commercials and IMO it works well. MB is SMART to play and leverage their 100 year history.

Originally Posted by FKL
Lol, where is the light? When the ignition is turned on in the third commercial?

you really can't please everyone, not everybody is going to like a Benz, some will always write off all it's inherent values as fluff and imaginary prestige, but come on guys...if you want all out low maintinence costs, go buy a Camry, don't buy a $60K luxury sedan. Just different strokes as not everybody is out for only reliability...
That argument is played. the Japanese brands proved reliability and luxury did not have to be enemies. Lexus made the entire industry better in regards to quality and all consumers win. From Jag to BMW everyone has made tremendous strides!

Old 07-08-09, 11:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
the Japanese brands proved reliability and luxury did not have to be enemies. Lexus made the entire industry better in regards to quality and all consumers win. From Jag to BMW everyone has made tremendous strides!
I agree, and based on personal ownership experiences of Jag, Benz (and Lexus too as the quality benchmark), I can see the actual improvement.
Old 07-08-09, 11:34 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I have to admit, those commercials are pretty good and the new coupe is not that bad either, I have known people who have zero problems with well over 100k miles on there Benz and people who have had major problems within 30k miles of owning one...

Why can't Lexus have ads like these...
Old 07-08-09, 12:06 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Heritage, history and prestige sell....period.

I can talk to my wife all day long about quality of Japanese or for that matter Korean manufacturers.... She will still have a longing eye for the Benz
Old 07-08-09, 04:17 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice commercials. I like commercials where they actually show the car a lot and briefly talk about it (unlike a few Lexus commercials that recently came out). One of those E-class commercials does a good job at this.
Old 07-08-09, 05:52 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I like mercedes now, i loved Mercedes from back in the day, while before i would almost always pick a mercedes in relation to bmw lexus or jag, a lot has changed, idk, but mercedes has just become generic, before people could see a merc from a mile away, like a 70's caddilac
Old 07-08-09, 08:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

my wife will rarely ever mention car commercials and she mentioned something about the coupe and sedan commercial. Merc makes some beautiful car . I only hope they will make them work as beautifully. I want one badly but I am afraid of being at the dealership all of the time like I was with my G35. so far lexus is the best compromise of Luxury and reliability
Old 07-08-09, 10:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
my wife will rarely ever mention car commercials and she mentioned something about the coupe and sedan commercial. Merc makes some beautiful car . I only hope they will make them work as beautifully. I want one badly but I am afraid of being at the dealership all of the time like I was with my G35. so far lexus is the best compromise of Luxury and reliability
I hear you, many of the MB's of the last decade would have you living at the dealer sometimes.

But the new models introduced in 2008 seem to be another story. For example my '08 C300 with 30K miles has been to dealership twice, each time at 13K service intervals only. Warranty repairs have been few and superficial/minor. The difference in reliability and quality was obviously engineered into the new design. Let's hope the new E-class follows this trend.

I stopped in and looked at the E-class sedan and coupe yesterday. Quite nice, I will test drive one soon.
Old 07-10-09, 09:14 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1st and 2nd commercials are awesome, (the rest not so much)... saw a black one today parked, looked Incredible!!! Man this car looks great...
here's a preview of "more review to come" where the E-class kicks competition ***..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGleo9EgCYc&NR=1
Old 07-10-09, 11:19 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

I really love the rear lights...look nothing like a Hyundai in real life, all the people trying to sell that one are just nuts. Gorgeous car up close, looks like a million bucks!

Quick Reply: New E-Class Commercials