Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Little gifts from Lexus dealers when you pick up your car after maintainence service

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-09, 12:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Little gifts from Lexus dealers when you pick up your car after maintainence service

Right now, I am taking my two Lexus to different dealers to get serviced.
The LS460L to the dealer where I bought it from, and the SC430 to the one near my home. I've taken the LS460L to the former twice since I bought the car, and both times after they're done, they left a complimentary newspaper in my car, but that's it.

I've serviced my SC430 at the dealer near my home since they opened a few years ago, and everytime I picked the car up, they would give me a pen as a gift, nice but not expensive pens. A couple days ago, I went to pick up my SC, and they gave me this :

There's a cheap calculator inside LOL, with a writting pad, but no pen ...

What do you get from your Lexus dealer after each service ? Something better than this or none ? Just wondering
Old 07-09-09, 02:29 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Can't say I've ever gotten anything from a service. I got a complimentary plant after I bought my car tho lol
Old 07-09-09, 03:05 AM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They let me play the wii, and uh....free breakfast i guess.
Old 07-09-09, 03:39 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a free FOB case for the F. I got a great keyring worth about $80 with shoe horn on it. I have also got a pedant for my phone, golf tees, golf marker, umbrella, towel, pens, scale model cars and toys for the kids. Not to mention the food and beverages that I have recieved from them.
Old 07-09-09, 05:11 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing, nada, zipo... But they are always nice and have water, soda, and snacks inside.
Old 07-09-09, 06:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Got a free FOB case for the F. I got a great keyring worth about $80 with shoe horn on it. I have also got a pedant for my phone, golf tees, golf marker, umbrella, towel, pens, scale model cars and toys for the kids. Not to mention the food and beverages that I have recieved from them.
Wow, you mean you got those^^ after each service or just the one time after you got the F ?

I also got some free stuff after I bought the LS too, Lexus clock, blanket, mugs, key chain(but no shoe horn ), a tool kit, and a couple more other items, but after each service, all they gave me was a complimentary paper, and of course, you can have all the hot and cold beverages you want if you wait there.

The other Lexus dealer close to my home always give me a pen OTOH, and the above just recently. Lexus dealers here don't provide free food while waiting for service though. They only have free food when there's a launch party that they invite you to.
Old 07-09-09, 06:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

If dealerships want to give away small gifts with their repairs and service, fine, but THE most important gift, IMO, is to simply do the job correctly to start with. That also means not having the car come out of the service bay with new scratches, dents, stains, rips, chips, etc.....from careless technicians.
Old 07-09-09, 06:41 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by CdeFabio
Nothing, nada, zipo... But they are always nice and have water, soda, and snacks inside.
That's the same scenario as the dealership I go to. It's a nice one (2 years old) with very nice ammenities and their prices are reasonable (for a L dealership). No complaints.
Old 07-09-09, 06:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mmarshall
If dealerships want to give away small gifts with their repairs and service, fine, but THE most important gift, IMO, is to simply do the job correctly to start with. That also means not having the car come out of the service bay with new scratches, dents, stains, rips, chips, etc.....from careless technicians.
Never had any problems with them so far, I do look over the car everytime they're done with it.

I actually have 60 euros(3 20Euro bills) leftover from a trip(May last year) that I seperated from other cash in my wallet & left in the armrest storage of the car that they didn't steal too, unlike that Toyota technician in the other thread ... those bills have been there for over a year now, & I finally removed them from the car a couple days ago LOL
Old 07-09-09, 07:26 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 715 Likes on 492 Posts

Only thing I've gotten from them is a bill
Old 07-09-09, 07:45 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten a key chain once, after the service advisor noticed that mine was falling apart, the Lexus key chain is about $50.
Old 07-09-09, 07:50 AM
romeo291
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We get cookies, haha
Old 07-09-09, 08:23 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never got anything as a gift from my dealer that I can recall... but while I guess I could always find a use for a pen, I'd actually rather they not give me something like that calculator/paper pad combo you got since it would just end up in the trash going to waste. I'd rather they save their resources and money for stuff that matters.
Old 07-09-09, 08:26 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allen K
Only thing I've gotten from them is a bill
i've gotten that too! oh the coincidence?
Old 07-09-09, 08:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'd rather they save their resources and money for stuff that matters.
They have their logo & phone number on it, so it's kinda like advertizing to them too ...

Quick Reply: Little gifts from Lexus dealers when you pick up your car after maintainence service