Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan sets up shop at the Green Hell

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 09:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Nissan sets up shop at the Green Hell

Nissan's 370Z has turned heads and changed minds when it comes the future of the Z-car, and to help push the company's sporting reputation even further, Nissan has opened a shop featuring the car alongside the already proven GT-R at the infamous Nurburgring.

Though it's known around the world as the Green Hell, it's been Nissan's personal hell of late as it tousles with Porsche over the GT-R's claimed lap time of 7:26.7 minutes around the 12.9mi Nordschleife, or North Loop.

The shop itself features unique merchandise from Nissan and its NISMO motorsports division in the 5,381 square foot space, officially titled the Nissan Sportscars Shop on the new Ring Boulevard.

One of the cars on display in the shop is the new 80-car limited-production Nurburgring Edition 370Z, painted a bright yellow with a special graphics treatment. The GT-R SpecV is also on display, and is so far the only place Europeans can see the car in person. Visitors to the Sportscar Shop can also purchase high-quality Nissan merchandise and its motor sports department NISMO, including rare items imported from Japan as well as scale models of cars.

The Nissan Sportscars Shop is also slated to take on a more central role in many of the company’s marketing and sales activities. At the end of October 2009, for example, the company has planned an entire week full of action. The schedule includes a drift event at the Nürburgring, track days with the Nissan GT-R on the Nordschleife and a “tour of the senses”, a journey through the picturesque Eifel countryside surrounding the racetrack.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan sets up shop at the Green Hell-nissan_sportscars_shop_ring_main_630-0710.jpg  
Old 07-10-09, 09:52 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

In case you were wondering what the hell the nurburgring edition of the 370 Z was I added this little bit of info. I think they have to be smoking some really really strong **** to think the car is worth 71K. I am a fan of Nissan but I dont think doubling the price of the car is resonable for upgraded wheels, and exhaust, and maybe some tweaks to the suspension. I could do all that for a lot less money and still have cash left over to buy another cheaper sedan

In Japan and the U.S. the Nissan 370Z is available in a high-performance Nismo trim but for European fans the specially tuned coupe is strictly off limits. As some solace, Nissan is offering its European customers a special edition model named after Germany’s renowned Nurburgring circuit.

The special edition model is inspired by the yellow Nissan 370Z race car that took part in the recent Nurburgring 24-hour race. It features a number of performance modifications and is limited to just 80 examples. Not surprisingly, pricing of the vehicle reflects this limited availability and has been set at €50,400 (approximately $71,280).

Each vehicle features a numbered plaque, as well as unique 19in OZ Racing alloy wheels shod with 285mm tires in the rear and 255 tires up front, plus a Cobra performance exhaust system. A special ring card with €150 ($212) of credit will also be offered to customers, which they can use for public track days on the Nurburgring circuit.

Apart from the new exhaust system, the car’s powertrain has been left untouched which means it features the latest 3.7L V6 engine with 332hp (247kW) and 270lb-ft (366Nm) on tap. Nissan’s six-speed manual with the SynchroRev Match function is standard.
Attached Thumbnails Nissan sets up shop at the Green Hell-nissan_370z_la_show_main_630-1111.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 07-10-09 at 09:56 PM.