Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: which should he get
acura
45.95%
infiniti
54.05%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

which car should my little bro get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-09, 08:33 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SC4
do RESEARCH!!!! those TL's tranny's were made out of GLASS... no joke. i almost bought one myself after my 6spd. maxima....thank goodness i didn't!!! hopefully your bro doesn't either.....
3rd gen automatic TL tranny's are reliable. Plus, a TL Type-S would have a 6-Speed manual tranny that doesn't have any problems. Of all the manual tranny cars I have ever driven Honda/Acura has about one of the best out there.

I would pick the TL-S myself over a G35X. Now, if it were the standard RWD G35S that would be my choice.
Old 07-17-09, 10:04 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither. but the if I HAD to choose, The TL-S. I surprised 1SICK said TL, as we all know how he feels about Acuras.
Old 07-17-09, 10:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Neither. but the if I HAD to choose, The TL-S. I surprised 1SICK said TL, as we all know how he feels about Acuras.
What people know is I know cars. The new Acuras for all intents and purposes suck gorilla *** while looking like gorilla turds and have been passed by most all of the competition and by many non luxury brands. The last TL was a fantastic car and the Type S extended those traits. I would drive an 1st or 2nd gen Legend or NSX and I even hearted an Integra GSR 4 door

What makes Acura's worse in my eyes are the tons of clusterfock drivers and owners who can't park, can't drive, suck at debating and mod their cars like the Civics they came from and think they drive 911 GT3s and their cars are more valuable than Bentley's. Grand disillusionment.

The Type S is stylish , great interior, great handling, good size, reliable, rarer than the rest of TLs and it is better than the NEW TL.

Whatever happened to wanting to own a good looking car? The Tl wins hands down here.

Old 07-17-09, 10:58 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its not a type S TL, then dont even consider the Acura, now the Type S vs the G is close, id rather have the G since its RWD and prally little less expensive.
Also, if you are talking about the G35 4 door, I wouldnt even consider the 4 door its ugly as hell
Old 07-18-09, 11:15 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
3rd gen automatic TL tranny's are reliable. Plus, a TL Type-S would have a 6-Speed manual tranny that doesn't have any problems. Of all the manual tranny cars I have ever driven Honda/Acura has about one of the best out there.

I would pick the TL-S myself over a G35X. Now, if it were the standard RWD G35S that would be my choice.
true true true...i was thinking of the older Auto-Only Type S'....
my bad, your right....
then i'd def go with the Type S...
im done with nissan/infiniti...their japanese quality doesn't compare to toyota or honda IMO
Old 07-18-09, 01:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Depends on where your brother lives. If he lives in FL like you, where slick roads are usually not a problem, then the FWD TL will be fine. If he lives in an area with more severe winters, then consider the AWD Infiniti. Both cars have proven better-than- average in reliability. But also keep in mind that AWD also provides benefits on wet/rainy roads, too, something that FL gets a lot of.
Old 07-18-09, 01:27 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
TL Type S for me please. He's young and a kid and the image of a Honda/Acura will be right up his alley. Also the Tl looks waaaaaaaaaaaaay better, it pretty much modded and has a great interior and featues. The G35x is also a very good car but the jellybean looks kill it for me. FWD and AWD are both safe to me.

your GS is also a jelly bean.

look

Old 07-19-09, 08:57 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Myself, I'd be inclined toward the TL, but I also agree with Phil on the Infiniti and its AWD and being more modifiable.

It really depends on what he wants out of the vehicle.
Old 07-19-09, 09:07 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dunnojack
your GS is also a jelly bean.

look

Sigh..........."God is in the details"....while the G37 took a lot of its shape from the GS the front and rear look melted to me...there are details on the GS the G37 can't begin to think of

Thanks for playing though!

Old 07-19-09, 02:00 PM
ViniZaoD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tl type S

g35 is for guidos
Old 07-19-09, 02:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ViniZaoD
g35 is for guidos
How do you come off with that statement?

A "guido" is defined as a lower-class working person. The G35 has a LOT more appeal than that.
Old 07-19-09, 07:53 PM
teeder27
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id get the Infiniti G35.