Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

World record attempt for worlds largest Subaru meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 11:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Default World record attempt for worlds largest Subaru meet

Thunder will descend upon Itasca, Illinois on July 11th, even if the sky is clear. The rumbling will be of the horizontally-opposed variety as Subaru of America's Great Lakes Region goes for a Guinness world record. The particular accomplishment Subaru is after is the "largest Parade of Subaru Cars," and Subie owners interested in participating in the event can hit a Subaru website to register.

The record attempt coincides with Itasca Fest, a weekend of family-friendly frenzy. Parade participants can save money on a hotel room, and Subaru's not solely seeking notoriety. Homeless pets in Chicago find refuge with PAWS Chicago, and Salute, Inc. is a non-profit organization that supports military personnel, veterans, and families. Both organizations will receive $15 per participating car from Subaru, up to a total of $7,000. If you've got a Scooby with a taste for the open road, strap the whole family in and light out for Itasca, all wheel drive churning, and turbocharger awhirl.
Attached Thumbnails World record attempt for worlds largest Subaru meet-wicked_big_parade.jpg