Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura debuts 2010 ZDX (First drives in, now updated)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 12:35 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bag it and tag it.
Old 08-18-09, 12:44 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Actually the poor visibility is functional, its to protects friends and family from being recognized by others for riding in this thing
Lol, and the Acura grill should be fold away just like the Porsche 911's spoiler so when you park in a bad neighborhood, you display the grill so no one will steal it
Old 08-18-09, 01:32 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bwhhahahahhahhaha at the dishwasher abortion
Old 08-18-09, 02:00 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, looks like an angry stapler. I said it before and to BMWs credit, they back up their "hey look at me" styling with performance. The X6 offers a turbo V-6 and V-8, a MX6 and now a hybrid. Acura does the opposite and this is a blatant knock-off.

So lets get past the looks. Lets say are have no sense of taste and are nearly legally blind so you like thing vehicle. Lets look at its merits or lacktheof;

The RX 350 is faster than this vehicle as the TSX as well as the Rav4 and their own RDX.Where is the acceleration in this "coupe"? Wasn't it made to perform? Where is it? Pathetic.
Its only 2 inches shorter than a TL but offers less cargo room than a Fit. It is 78 inches wide, that semi-truck wide. Yet you have to be headless to fit in the backseat.
MT is stating a Camry SE will outhandle it. So again, where is the performance?
The interior to its credit looks well built but thats never been a Honda/Acura issue. 12 shades of silver/grey is GMish but it seems nice.

One thing I can say about the X6 is reviews and people state it drives AMAZING for a dishwasher abortion. No matter what you think of its looks, the vehicle delivers in performance, pushing SUV boundaries on sport. I can totally respect that. It clearly has more cargo room than the ZDX as well.

WHAT IS THE POINT of THIS THING IS IT SACRIFICES THE UTILITY OF A SUV BUT PERFORMS WORSE THAN AN OLD MDX/RX/X5/SANTEFE/RAV4.

Geez, thanks Acura, your knock-off really makes me appreciate the X6 and now even the FX37/50. Those at least give you performance. (gotdamn they are ugly though)

http://www.autozah.net/pic_car_review/bmw_x6_6.jpg

Agreed completely. There really is NO objective point to the ZDX, AT ALL.

If 15K is really Acura's annual sales goal for this in the US, they will fail big-time.

Originally Posted by Blackraven

Wow, I did not even see this before. That is definitely a BIG safety hazard. Rear visibility is tremendously reduced not just by the C-pillar, but the horizontal bar as well.
Old 08-18-09, 02:49 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

what is it about acura that turns this place into pack of kids frothing at the mouth? I swear to god, some of you simply need to set your expectations of acura lower. This awkward useless vehicle deserved maybe a page of critical comments and thats it.
Old 08-18-09, 02:57 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by leedogg
what is it about acura that turns this place into pack of kids frothing at the mouth? I swear to god, some of you simply need to set your expectations of acura lower. This awkward useless vehicle deserved maybe a page of critical comments and thats it.
Much of the criticism is directly related to Acura's own expectations, their press releases, and their statements about how they want to be "Tier 1", to be a world-class luxury brand, and on and on.

Our expectations of the Acura brand no longer even apply, as Acura is not doing what Acura fans or general enthusiasts want and ask for. Acura is doing whatever Honda execs want, regardless of what expectations consumers or the market may have.

When looking at this vehicle using Acura's own expectations, it is an absolute disaster.

The reason there is so much criticism of Acura here is that a lot of CL members are boggled by how Honda can possibly be so stubborn and ignorant.
Old 08-18-09, 03:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by leedogg
You clearly missed the sticky on the top of the forum explaining the sense of community here. Continue and you will see some time off.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-car-chat.html

No one attacked anyone or broke any rules and here you come attacking the entire forum.

Let me share what other forums are saying, its the same thing.

Whats uglier Acura or Infiniti (Acura landslide win)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4526906

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4524637

Your own ACURA FORUM HATES IT, 23 pages worth, not 1 page as you requested
http://acurazine.com/forums/showthre...693036&page=22

Comments at Autoblog
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/17/a...-zdx/#comments

Temple of Vtech hates it
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=847600

Autospies hates it

http://www.autospies.com/news/Acura-...010-ZDX-47036/

I looked around other forums and its the same. So before you come here accusing Clublexus of bashing a car, you might want to see what others are saying.

Old 08-18-09, 03:18 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

but it has a new web site: http://www.virtualstapler.com/
Old 08-18-09, 06:25 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

WTF?!

Just when I thought Acura could not top the excellence in "FAIL" for the new TL, they proved me wrong.

The grill on they are using now looks like...

Old 08-18-09, 06:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
WTF?!

that gif is priceless.
Old 08-18-09, 07:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
but it has a new web site: http://www.virtualstapler.com/
Nice site they set up!
Originally Posted by Tee
WTF?!

Just when I thought Acura could not top the excellence in "FAIL" for the new TL, they proved me wrong.

The grill on they are using now looks like...

Acura threads bring out the best Gifs

Old 08-18-09, 07:52 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Wow, I did not even see this before. That is definitely a BIG safety hazard. Rear visibility is tremendously reduced not just by the C-pillar, but the horizontal bar as well.
Definitely

Here's a quote from someone at the Carspyshots.net forum

"
This thing is a child killer in a preschool parking lot.:fear: Imagine boisterous kid in the back seat and frazzled parent at the wheel.:eek: Bad combo. Yeah, I'm sure it has parking sensors blah blah blah"
Old 08-18-09, 08:01 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Geez, thanks Acura, your knock-off really makes me appreciate the X6 and now even the FX37/50. Those at least give you performance. (gotdamn they are ugly though)
+1. My uncle just purchased an FX50. Really dont like the front end styling, but after seeing this thing again, I respect it soooo much more now. Its powerful, has a mean exhaust note, plus the quality of the interior is fantastic!!
Old 08-18-09, 08:10 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GFerg
+1. My uncle just purchased an FX50. Really dont like the front end styling, but after seeing this thing again, I respect it soooo much more now. Its powerful, has a mean exhaust note, plus the quality of the interior is fantastic!!
Agreed.

The New FX (especially 5.0 liter version) is indeed something. Sure front end was..........yeah but everything else was flawless.

Heck it was so impacting that this was one of the initial launch cars for the Infiniti brand in Europe (including the FX50 haha despite the uber high fuel prices there). Still, I expect them to sell a least some units a month anyways.

Old 08-18-09, 08:10 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

IMO I dont think the BMW X6 rear visibility is any better. It has a higher rear end, no small rear window like the ZDX does, and no rear quarter windows either. Many reviews have already complained about poor rear visibility in the X6.

All for the sake of style (or lack there of).

Quick Reply: Acura debuts 2010 ZDX (First drives in, now updated)