Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hs250

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-09, 07:18 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, to me there is some semblance to a Corolla, but the deal breaker for
me is the FWD. It will probably sell but I can already see the haters coming
out of the woodwork with the Corolla comments.
Old 07-25-09, 08:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
now it looks like inflated fancy YARIS!!!
Sigh..........

Old 07-25-09, 11:05 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I think the RX was the first to have the key linked to the memory seats. the RX has always been the car with "firsts" for a lot of things from lexus
Old 07-25-09, 11:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RXSF
I think the RX was the first to have the key linked to the memory seats. the RX has always been the car with "firsts" for a lot of things from lexus
Including the longest run as #1 model in terms of Lexus sales, wow.
Old 10-12-09, 10:33 PM
kalim2010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
the question is who DIDN'T think this was a good idea. Look how good the prius turned out for toyota. celebrities and the rich even bought it just to look environmentally cool. Im guessing they would have bought a lexus version if it was available.
Uh, no. They buy the Prius because it does 50 mpg and looks completely different than anything out there - it's a badge that can be seen easily. That HS looks like a Corolla. No one except an enthusiast would be able to tell it's a hybrid.

There's a reason why all other hybrids except Prius is not doing as well - cause they LOOK like regular cars.
Old 10-12-09, 10:59 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The sales numbers will speak for themselves and bottom line, that is what is important to Lexus. I wish I could find the time to go drive one, but with no intention to purchase, I hate wasting salespeople's times and get their hopes up. Perhaps a nice review is in order.
Old 11-06-09, 07:58 PM
ToddRiley
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I leased one yesterday. Nice car. My options due to the economy and downsizing were the HS250 OR the 2010 Prius. The 2010 Prius V - the best I could find in Los Angeles was $500 off MSRP. I got $2600 Off MSRP for the HS250 and it is a much better car. I previuosly had a GS300 Lexus and this HS has a lot of the Bells and whistles that the GS had. Better MPG, super low emissions and well, it's just greener than the GS.
Old 11-06-09, 08:09 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!
Old 11-06-09, 08:40 PM
EyeKutr
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kalim2010
Uh, no. They buy the Prius because it does 50 mpg and looks completely different than anything out there - it's a badge that can be seen easily. That HS looks like a Corolla. No one except an enthusiast would be able to tell it's a hybrid.

There's a reason why all other hybrids except Prius is not doing as well - cause they LOOK like regular cars.
I dont think they buy the prius for its goofy looks, they buy it because it does 50mpg.....I have not driven this thing but IMO, hybrids were invented for crazy mpg....and if they get 35mpg, and resemble a corolla, they fail . Whats a corolla with leather package cost anyways?
Old 11-06-09, 08:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ToddRiley
I leased one yesterday. Nice car. My options due to the economy and downsizing were the HS250 OR the 2010 Prius. The 2010 Prius V - the best I could find in Los Angeles was $500 off MSRP. I got $2600 Off MSRP for the HS250 and it is a much better car. I previuosly had a GS300 Lexus and this HS has a lot of the Bells and whistles that the GS had. Better MPG, super low emissions and well, it's just greener than the GS.
Congrats a great car.

Originally Posted by EyeKutr
I dont think they buy the prius for its goofy looks, they buy it because it does 50mpg.....I have not driven this thing but IMO, hybrids were invented for crazy mpg....and if they get 35mpg, and resemble a corolla, they fail . Whats a corolla with leather package cost anyways?
People do like the Prius style and its a reason people buy it. Research has shown people that buy hybrids want to stand out.

People are reporting over 40 MPG in the HS, 35 MPG is the highest rating of ANY luxury vehicle here. I agree, I am not a huge fan of the looks but with the 18s and rear spoiler and LEDs it gets better.

Do we fail b/c people have said the GS resembles an Altima/Maxima? No.

Old 11-06-09, 08:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome to the board!
Old 11-06-09, 09:19 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ToddRiley
Welcome to CL!

Congrats on the new car.
Old 11-06-09, 11:13 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

It looks like the car is selling well(which for Lexus is a good sign). Unfortunately, the design looks real boring. I guess the summer interns design this thing. I just hope future Lexus designs won't follow in this path......

P.S.
Coincidentally though, I personally find the Toyota version (the one they sell in Japan) much better looking than its Lexus counterpart.

Hehe
Old 11-07-09, 07:49 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
It looks like the car is selling well(which for Lexus is a good sign). Unfortunately, the design looks real boring. I guess the summer interns design this thing. I just hope future Lexus designs won't follow in this path......

P.S.
Coincidentally though, I personally find the Toyota version (the one they sell in Japan) much better looking than its Lexus counterpart.

Hehe
Haha I think the Sai is better looking too. It has more "L-finnesse" . What makes the HS' design kinda ugly is the huge grille and overall boring styling.

Another potential problem is that it is a simple plain sedan. Something more daring and stylish and functional would have been perfect for Lexus' first dedicated hybrid. Toyota should have known better considering the daring 2nd gen Prius sold exponetially better than the basic plain sedan 1st gen prius. I think a design similar to the Tesla model S would have been highly desirable.
Old 11-09-09, 09:58 PM
ToddRiley
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fetching

I actually find my new HS250h Touring Package rather attactive. It's black, rear spoiler, 18 inch wheels with low profile tires, 2 color leather seats, sports suspension and it's black. I have seen a few other colors...but I think Black looks the best.

Quick Reply: Hs250