Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hs250

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09, 03:07 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is250 vs hs250

27 vs 35 combined mpg.

12000 miles per year

you save 110 gallons of gas per year.

That's a whopping $300 savings PER YEAR for buying an HS over an IS.

is it worth it? hah

how much is the government tax credit again?
Old 07-20-09, 03:10 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

no government tax credit for toyota/lexus models. The entire brand finished back in 2007

hybrids are not for saving money, its for being more eco concious and being smarter about being climate neutral
Old 07-20-09, 03:36 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
I know it's not a corolla!! you know what i mean.

pricing has been released.

standard model starting at $34,200* and the Premium model commanding $36,970*.

Standard features on the HS 250h include leather-trimmed seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat with eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat; a 10-speaker, 137-watt audio system with a six-disc CD changer, a subwoofer and center speaker; Bluetooth® for phone and music streaming capabilities; integrated subscription satellite radio (includes 90-day trial); USB/ iPod® connectivity operated via steering wheel controls or the display screen; and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The HS 250h incorporates a standard class-leading 10-airbag Supplemental Restraint system and front active head rests.

The HS 250h Premium model adds heated/ventilated front seats trimmed in semi-aniline leather; 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels; rain-sensing windshield wipers; heated electrochromic exterior mirrors; genuine wood interior trim; and a new memory system that allows individual driver settings for seat, power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, outside mirrors and air conditioning settings to be recalled automatically by individual key fobs.

no doubt, the dealers will have a few extras on top of the premium option, e.g spoiler, alloys, ML stereo

so it will prob come out to $40000+.

$40k for a damn corolla-looking car??!?!

I don't see a Corolla in any way. I see what looks to be a big hit for Lexus.

that's like driving a super high-tech Aztek
You need to grow up!
Old 07-20-09, 03:41 PM
Stormwind
Racer

It's a $40,000 prius, it uses prius chassis that's why it looks almost idenditical save the badge in the steering wheel. Add some leather stick on the Lexus badge and mark up the price even more.
Old 07-20-09, 03:44 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

For the size and power and functionality, it's really a $40k Camry Hybrid.

Then again, a Camry Hybrid is $30k.

You might as well bask in the glory and technology of the HS250h. It has stuff that only the LS600hL and LX570 have...
Old 07-20-09, 03:48 PM
ViniZaoD
Rookie

is250 vs hs250

27 vs 35 combined mpg.

12000 miles per year

is it worth it? hah

Yes.. this is what I was getting at. The IS250 is almost as efficient, equally equipped, much much prettier, much better to drive, and cheaper. The problem with pricing the HS at 35K is that it would be more appealing as a package and fit in better with the Lexus lineup at ~30K. If I had a choice.. I'd get the IS250 over it any day. Or maybe I'd just decide to kill the environment with a 19 mpg used IS350 all over again.
Old 07-20-09, 03:51 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ViniZaoD
Yes.. this is what I was getting at. The IS250 is almost as efficient, equally equipped, much much prettier, much better to drive, and cheaper. The problem with pricing the HS at 35K is that it would be more appealing as a package and fit in better with the Lexus lineup at ~30K. If I had a choice.. I'd get the IS250 over it any day. Or maybe I'd just decide to kill the environment with a 19 mpg used IS350 all over again.

equally equipped? the HS has (over the IS) driver monitoring pre collision system (versus the regular radar), lane keep assist which actually tilts the steering wheel to either side, and the new lexus enform and safety connect systems. Also gets the new remote touch navigation.

Also the IS is in its 5th model year, redesign soon.
Old 07-20-09, 03:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

is250 vs hs250

27 vs 35 combined mpg.

12000 miles per year

is it worth it? hah

HS is more spacious though, especially the rear seats, it's a better family car than the IS, and has better gadgets.
Old 07-20-09, 04:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Personally I don't like it for numerous reasons. Love the concept, not so much the execution. I fully understand why people will rag on the car. I dont think it does much for the Lexus image (green tech yes, everything else nah) as people have been comparing it to a Corolla, Camry, Fusion, Avensis since it debuted.

With that said, Lexus will still sell a boat load of them as they will find many happy customers. Good for them.
Old 07-20-09, 04:32 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stormwind
It's a $40,000 prius, it uses prius chassis that's why it looks almost idenditical save the badge in the steering wheel. Add some leather stick on the Lexus badge and mark up the price even more.

a prius looks almost identical to an HS??

uh oh. someone needs to get his eyes checked.

Old 07-20-09, 05:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it's not a corolla!! you know what i mean.

pricing has been released.

standard model starting at $34,200* and the Premium model commanding $36,970*.

Standard features on the HS 250h include leather-trimmed seats; 10-way power-adjustable driver's seat with eight-way power-adjustable front passenger seat; a 10-speaker, 137-watt audio system with a six-disc CD changer, a subwoofer and center speaker; Bluetooth® for phone and music streaming capabilities; integrated subscription satellite radio (includes 90-day trial); USB/ iPod® connectivity operated via steering wheel controls or the display screen; and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. The HS 250h incorporates a standard class-leading 10-airbag Supplemental Restraint system and front active head rests.

The HS 250h Premium model adds heated/ventilated front seats trimmed in semi-aniline leather; 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels; rain-sensing windshield wipers; heated electrochromic exterior mirrors; genuine wood interior trim; and a new memory system that allows individual driver settings for seat, power tilt/telescopic steering wheel, outside mirrors and air conditioning settings to be recalled automatically by individual key fobs.

no doubt, the dealers will have a few extras on top of the premium option, e.g spoiler, alloys, ML stereo

so it will prob come out to $40000+.

$40k for a damn corolla-looking car??!?!

that's like driving a super high-tech Aztek

Have you even driven the car? I guess not... And if all you can do is judge a car by what it looks like than I can honestly say there will probably be very few cars that you will actually like.

My lexus dealer brought one around the other and I can tell you now it cannot be compared to the corolla and doing so just seems to show your lack of attention to details. But , horses for corses and if you only want to judge a book by its cover, more power to you. But I suspect that you only make your decisions off what you see on the net.

I loved the setup of the console , very easy to use and was extremly confortable. The interior quality was quite good and for what it is I think it is worth what they are asking.
Old 07-20-09, 05:53 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

=

by your logic....
Old 07-20-09, 06:44 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
The HS250h is actually pretty fun to drive, especially with the Touring Package. This is an entry level luxury car. If you want something sporty or fun to drive, the IS or possibly the GS are the cars for that purpose.

Have you driven an HS yet? If not, I would encourage you to try it out. You'll be surprised.
Looking forward to driving one soon, haven't yet. But we both agree this is an entry level luxury car. Obviously the IS or GS are more sport-oriented. But as I said earlier, Lexus is the first to sell a ultra economy hybrid with some real luxury, way to go. And it sounds like the driving experience isn't bad either.
Old 07-20-09, 07:09 PM
LexFather

I'm tempted to change the title as its caused a flame fest and we don't need that.

I don't like the HS styling much, have to wait to see it in person. I do think for the PRICE its a tech marvel. Nothing is close.

Old 07-20-09, 07:31 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I actually wish it would look like corolla because corolla looks 10x better than HS.

Quick Reply: Hs250