Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hs250

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 03:40 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
is there a reason lexus doesnt put perforations into the brake discs or use ventilated discs on all their models besides cost saving?
Do you really need it for daily commuting?
Old 07-22-09, 03:47 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

guess not, but the perforated ones look cool and they provide better wet braking, and the ventilated ones also provide better braking. German cars tend to have both of these, and lexus skimps on having ventilated rears.
Old 07-22-09, 04:19 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it just me or is a lot of people failing to see that the majority of the pulic that will be buying this car not really care that is has a certain type grill and "A" type lines??? ****, if you asked one of them they would probably say, "I can't see any lines, where are they drawn?...". Most people here are car enthusiasts, but "we" are in the minority, especially in Japan. So it makes sense that they make a car that does not make a too bold of a statement, b/c believe it or not some people don't want to stick out from the crowd.

Anyway, keep beating down on it like the IS convertible and as we all know those are selling like hotcakes... And so will these. (BTW, I won't be buying one)

I am actually liking this car due to the great interior and technology for an entry level car, as this can only mean better cars from lexus in the future.
Old 07-22-09, 06:09 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ffpowerLN
I've seen one HS250h on the road, it actually reminded me very little of a Corolla.

The HS250h shares the platform with the Avensis and in a closer examination, it does look like an Avensis more than a Corolla, especially in the front quarter view:

Thats how a Corolla should look!
Old 07-22-09, 06:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Is it just me or is a lot of people failing to see that the majority of the pulic that will be buying this car not really care that is has a certain type grill and "A" type lines??? ****, if you asked one of them they would probably say, "I can't see any lines, where are they drawn?...". Most people here are car enthusiasts, but "we" are in the minority, especially in Japan. So it makes sense that they make a car that does not make a too bold of a statement, b/c believe it or not some people don't want to stick out from the crowd.

Anyway, keep beating down on it like the IS convertible and as we all know those are selling like hotcakes... And so will these. (BTW, I won't be buying one)

I am actually liking this car due to the great interior and technology for an entry level car, as this can only mean better cars from lexus in the future.

Old 07-22-09, 06:41 PM
Dogmeat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well not sure about the pricing of this car, but from pictures the interior looks great. I'll be sure to go test drive it and check it out.

I read though that the back seats don't fold down, which is unfortunate. The prius is extremely useful in that regard. Something I wish my IS would be able to do as well.
Old 07-22-09, 08:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,378 Likes on 1,560 Posts

the car has good ride/handling and a lot of tech. it took too many ugly pills during development though.
Old 07-23-09, 06:14 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

If this HS were not a Hybrid sedan, it would probably be a $22000 car or something in that range. Lexus gave it leather seats and a L Logo and a Hybrid power train and bump the price $40000. Lets me ask you this, would you pay $18000 for leather seat and a set of batteries?
Knowing Lexus, this car will sell well just like the IS convertible. Lexus either really knows the US market or people are just buying these cars because of Lexus pass reputation.
Old 07-23-09, 09:08 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

all luxury cars arent worth their actual price. But the L logo if worth more than you think.

but really, 22K is a bit low, seeing as how the hybrid camry starts at 26, and this has the same powertrain with more hybrid tech include the heat exhaust recovery and what not. And lets not exagerate the price. it starts at 26K, with standard leather, so thats really only a 10K premium for the L logo, which has more standard luxury and safety options than the camry. So in reality, its really a 5K premium and thats worth it to me
Old 07-23-09, 10:04 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

I think the Camry is bigger and looks better than the HS, its more like a Corolla size hybrid like someone already said. Top of the line Corollas goes for about $22000.
Old 07-23-09, 10:20 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
I think the Camry is bigger and looks better than the HS, its more like a Corolla size hybrid like someone already said.
I agree, the Camry is much more attractive than many of its competitors.
Old 07-23-09, 11:08 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

please don't make me remove more posts. thanks
Old 07-23-09, 12:13 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I think the Camry is bigger and looks better than the HS, its more like a Corolla size hybrid like someone already said. Top of the line Corollas goes for about $22000.
The Camry and the HS are in two different categories and targeted towards two very different demographics.

The HS is a small big car. Looks small on the outside, but very roomy and spacious on the inside. The Corolla is actually a lot smaller than the HS250h. I will take some pictures today of a Corolla and an HS side by side and show you that they are drastically different in size.

Just as a point of reference, my IS F is smaller interior wise than the Corolla. Here's a pic of the HS next to a 1st Gen IS and my IS F. The HS has tons more room inside and is larger on the outside.

Last edited by flipside909; 07-23-09 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 12:31 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The HS looks about the same size as your IS-F, which means its tiny inside.
Old 07-23-09, 02:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

The HS looks about the same size as your IS-F, which means its tiny inside.
I'll have a better photo of the HS next to my IS F later on. The HS is a lot taller and longer than my IS F. The HS in size fits between the IS and the ES.

What you see in pics are a bit deceiving. Have you ever been in an HS before?

Quick Reply: Hs250