Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Glacier Frost Mica......... infiniti. what?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09, 06:09 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Glacier Frost Mica......... infiniti. what?!

I caught this at the infiniti forum.

The guy repainted his black car to lexus GFM.

I guess lexus colors look good on infiniti cars too

Why are infiniti wheel arches so huge?!

Old 07-20-09, 06:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

It's absurd, IMO, to have a car that sits that low, with rubber-band tires. There is no impact protection over bumps/potholes/ramps, risking tire/wheel/lower-body damage, and the ride will be ultra-stiff.
Old 07-20-09, 07:07 PM
LexFather

I don't understand the point of buying the G35 if its supposed to be a sports sedan to do that to. Get a proper VIP car.

I said it years ago, Lexus made its variations of pearl white since 1989 one of the coolest colors ever. Now everyone offers a few shades of white.

Old 07-20-09, 07:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Lexus color.
Old 07-20-09, 07:09 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

nah this is extreme fitment :P 0 offset pretty much haha 20x12..WHAAA and 305 series tires

weeee

But G37's really have narrow fitment I think you need conservative offsets to fit wheels.
Old 07-20-09, 08:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I said it years ago, Lexus made its variations of pearl white since 1989 one of the coolest colors ever. Now everyone offers a few shades of white.
Lexus actually didn't pioneer that color. Audi and Cadillac had already been offering it for several years when Lexus came along in 1989-90, and the Infiniti version, at first, was probably even better-looking (IMO) than the Lexus version. Infiniti's paint quality, of course, deteriorated later on.....Lexus's did not.
Old 07-20-09, 09:34 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
It's absurd, IMO, to have a car that sits that low, with rubber-band tires. There is no impact protection over bumps/potholes/ramps, risking tire/wheel/lower-body damage, and the ride will be ultra-stiff.
Actually I am gonna have to disagree with you on this point to a small degree. People who have that low of a setup are generally riding on air suspension and only have the car sitting that low for parking or slow speed cruising only. It is almost impossible to drive with the car slammed as low as that, and most who are on an air setup have a driving height they lift the car to when running.. Friend of mine owns this M45 on air setup and I have ridden in it. It is a VERY comfortable ride and even I was surprised as how smooth and how well it performed. I am like you and thought the ride would be extremely stiff, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out how really wrong I was. I do agree that the tires a a little too low in the profile for me, and yes you do have to exercise extra caution to ensure not bending the wheels over bumps but this can be the case with just about ANY aftermarket wheel that we choose. Kinda of the price we pay for vanity.

Old 07-20-09, 10:23 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I'm also going to have to disagree with you on fixed suspensions being stiff.. Buddy Club Coilovers are really smooth so are the VIP series for JIC as well.
Old 07-20-09, 10:44 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think those are called "slammed," when the car is parked, hydraulics lower it to that "pose." When the car drives away, the car raises again.

No way those cars can be driven with that rear camber.
Old 07-20-09, 10:45 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glacier Frost Mica FTW!
Old 07-20-09, 10:57 PM
madmax2k1
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I never understood the appeal of slammed cars; they just look ridiculous. The owner probably spent 15K to upgrade his G (40K) to achieve this look. He could have bought a 4 door M3 or an ISF and avoided all the ridicule.
Old 07-20-09, 11:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I dont see how doing body work and paint makes sense. For the money you could have just bought a nicer car.
Old 07-21-09, 11:20 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by superchan7
I think those are called "slammed," when the car is parked, hydraulics lower it to that "pose." When the car drives away, the car raises again.

No way those cars can be driven with that rear camber.
There's quite a few that ride like that
HeyMikey with the Scion xB; Vincent who was on here who had his 2GS like that; and a few more
Even ChrisPy.Sure he's on Air but he rides barely on any air 95% of the time.
Old 07-21-09, 11:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by trukn1
Actually I am gonna have to disagree with you on this point to a small degree. People who have that low of a setup are generally riding on air suspension and only have the car sitting that low for parking or slow speed cruising only. It is almost impossible to drive with the car slammed as low as that, and most who are on an air setup have a driving height they lift the car to when running..
OK, if the car can be raised a little with air pressure for normal driving, that's another story.....there, you may have a point. But to try and drive that lowered ride height on many regular roads would be absurd.
Old 07-21-09, 11:52 AM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, that color really suits the car

Quick Reply: Glacier Frost Mica......... infiniti. what?!