Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Have you seen the new chryco comercial?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-09, 11:01 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you seen the new chryco comercial?

I cant find it on youtube but the bulk of it is: $4,500 cash for clunkers and an additional $4,500 from chryco so thats a total of 9k off they also said that this deal applies to almost everymodel. Im assuming it excludes srt models and sprinter's. Everything from chryco is crap except jeep so anyone that wants a wrangler jump on this deal!!
Old 07-24-09, 01:47 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make you wonder if they excluded desirable vehicles (like the 4 door Wranger) from the program..............
Old 07-24-09, 02:01 PM
LexFather

I no longer acknowledge them as an entity.

Old 07-24-09, 02:48 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A day or two in a rental car is a pretty good way to do a test drive - getting to live with it for a few days. For a quick trip to a sales meeting in South Texas a few years ago . . . Rented a Chrysler LHS and got a super rental deal for about 24 hours. The car was a boat in town, reasonably well appointed for a rentawreck, and a bit underpowered trying to motivate all that iron with a V6 was sorta futile.

Gotta admit, that big pig came into its own on the highway though. A smooth, comfortable, quiet cruiser, its highway demeanor was a pretty sharp contrast to herding it around an urban area. It was transformed on the road - the flabby handling tightened up at speed, the steering slop seemed to disappear, and it was not the unpleasant experience I had feared.

A year later I rented its replacement, the Concorde LS (or whatever) up in Boise, keeping it over four days for a series of meetings. That one was much better at low speed, with confident handling and a reasonable, if not exciting amount of power. I actually had one on my short list for a domestic company car before buying my first Lexus. Dollar for dollar the Chrysler appeared to be a good deal, but when you consider maintenance and resale, it would have been a really poor investment.

Now, I wonder - with such a deep discount, could a Mopar product be worth it? It would take a few days at the helm to decide . . . . maybe it's time for another rental weekend adventure here soon.
Old 07-24-09, 03:04 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Chrysler LHS and Concordes, now there's some junky machinery from the past.

But yes, most of have driven rental cars for extended distances, essentially a long road test.
Old 07-27-09, 05:39 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Chrysler LHS and Concordes, now there's some junky machinery from the past.

But yes, most of have driven rental cars for extended distances, essentially a long road test.
Yup! My Brother-in-Law worked for Chrysler years ago and took us all out to dinner in a brand new LHS. What a piece of garbage. It rode and drove like it had 200k miles on it.
Old 07-27-09, 06:21 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make you wonder if they excluded desirable vehicles (like the 4 door Wranger) from the program..............
the new vehicle being purchased through the cash for clunkers must get an average of 18MPG or better......
Old 07-27-09, 07:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,475 Likes on 1,626 Posts

what chrysler isn't making such a big deal about is they'll give ANYONE the $4500 discount without the cash for clunkers program too. so it's just a usual factory discount they're spinning to sound like they're doing some kind of 'green' program.

i am both saddened that chrysler is in such bad shape and angry that they make such awful crap.
Old 07-27-09, 09:27 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I'm w. bit on this one.

I think it's a bit like watching a friend that wont accept your help screw up thier life right in front of you.
Old 07-27-09, 05:59 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
I cant find it on youtube but the bulk of it is: $4,500 cash for clunkers and an additional $4,500 from chryco so thats a total of 9k off they also said that this deal applies to almost everymodel. Im assuming it excludes srt models and sprinter's. Everything from chryco is crap except jeep so anyone that wants a wrangler jump on this deal!!
soory man but the Jeep is the biggest piece of **** I have ever had the displeasure of driving. Poorest quality, road abilities, and to top it off it rocks the same level of technology that was found in a 1980 Datsun station wagon. It is the lowest of the lowest of the low. I remeber I couldn't even get the car to 70 because the roof was about to be sucked off the car. If they gave me the car for free and also 9k I still wouldnt drive anything from chrysler
Old 07-27-09, 07:31 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
soory man but the Jeep is the biggest piece of **** I have ever had the displeasure of driving. Poorest quality, road abilities, and to top it off it rocks the same level of technology that was found in a 1980 Datsun station wagon. It is the lowest of the lowest of the low. I remeber I couldn't even get the car to 70 because the roof was about to be sucked off the car. If they gave me the car for free and also 9k I still wouldnt drive anything from chrysler
I agree with that, however...

The Wrangler is one of the few SUVs that is still available with lockers on rear, center and front differentials. If offroading is your thing, there's hardly anything that's more capable. Perhaps only the RR and the G could rival it, but they cost upwards of 90K.
Old 07-27-09, 08:09 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad co
The Wrangler is among the biggest gas guzzlers available (same 16 mpg as a Suburban). So this makes the Wrangler about the least qualified vehicle available for this CARS program. Remember, this bill is specifically designed to increase fuel efficient vehicles on the road and taking away vehicles like Wranglers.
Old 07-27-09, 10:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I agree with that, however...

The Wrangler is one of the few SUVs that is still available with lockers on rear, center and front differentials. If offroading is your thing, there's hardly anything that's more capable. Perhaps only the RR and the G could rival it, but they cost upwards of 90K.
In its defense I only drove it through a few dirt lots. So I am judging the car on its city driving. That is still where a majority of SUV's remain 100% of the time. Oh yeah it had a great turning radius. The rest was total trash