Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

tint removal...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-09, 08:48 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mack
So let me get this straight - he had a legit (or what he thought was legit) reason for pulling you over, and then when he inspected the vehicle as he is legally required to do before letting you go, it's his fault you had illegally tinted the windows too dark? Interesting...

Not saying I'm perfect, mang, far from it, but you rolled the dice for 20 years by your own admission, and that translates to about $12 a year. Now you're legal, and now you shouldn't ever have that problem. Not a bad deal.

Big Mack
cop was a deuce bag... end of story.
Old 07-26-09, 09:05 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
cop was a deuce bag... end of story.
You do realize that "douchebag" is one word and that's how you spell it, right? K.

And that's your opinion. He's doing his job, just like everyone else. I'm not a popo lover, either, but you did admit you had illegal tint. Why should your car be any different than anyone else's who gets pulled over? Like I said, you got off cheap - my opinion.

Question for you, though. Do you know if tint is a 1st level offense (in other words, can he pull you over just for the tint? If it's not, then maybe he suspected you had illegal tint, figured he'd pull you over for the HOV thing (since I KNOW that is a 1st level), and then he'd have probable cause to check out the car.

BTW - I don't like the tint laws in most states, especially here in AZ. It's hot as blazes right now, and I'd love to have 5% on all the windows, but I don't because I don't want to have a reason for a hassle and my tint guy said he won't do it with a warranty. Still and all, if I did, I'd have to roll with getting popped for it because I made the choice.

No worries, mang. Enjoy the fact that you're still above ground.

Big Mack
Old 07-26-09, 09:36 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

who cares bout grammar and spelling on this forum other than you