Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does Godzilla have a soul??? Autoblog review of the 2010 Nissan GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-09, 03:00 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
euro knows about souls well, seeing many of them go to heaven after getting creamed by a GTR
Or the dealer for repair... j/k

IMO the GT-R should have plenty of soul... From all those "soulful" exotics and their lover's hearts it has ripped out time-after-time.
Old 07-30-09, 12:34 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I agree . The GTR is soulful and probably even more fun than some Ferrari's and Lamborghini's because it can be used all of the time . Year round performance means you have a super hero as an everyday companion. Not the once or twice a month or a week that you may drive your ferrari. To top it off when you do take the trailer queen out you better not cross paths with a GTR because the mission of many GTR owners is to embarrass guys in Italian and German exotics. They can have all of the soul they can get as they look at the *** end of a GTR. What ever they need to tell themselves to sleep at night for paying 3 to 5 times more for a car that was destroyed by the soulless POS lowly Japanese car. I dont care how much money you have . Its gonna **** you off when a guy in a MUCH cheaper car just dusted your ***
Old 07-30-09, 01:15 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
What ever they need to tell themselves to sleep at night for paying 3 to 5 times more for a car that was destroyed by the soulless POS lowly Japanese car. I dont care how much money you have . Its gonna **** you off when a guy in a MUCH cheaper car just dusted your ***
Yep , and you keep telling yourself that so you can sleep at night for not being able to afford a car 3 to 5 times for a car that will be destroyed by a lowly Japanese car...
Ohh wait, maybe you should you should repeat those words again when you payed 2-3 times more for the GTR when this civic has dusted your ***...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlazXa6zm5k

Blah, blah ,blah... Anyone who listens to half the stuff some car Journalist spew out their mouth are just asking for trouble.
Old 07-30-09, 01:23 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

MMMMHHMMMMM!!!! Riiiight. To each his own . I will agree to disagree. My opinion still stands that in the world of enthusiasts, not rich posers, the performance is what counts. If you don't understand well thats fine.

PS there is no civic in the world that will beat a GTR around a race course, especially not for 25-30k. I know you are trying to make your point but thats just wrong
Old 07-30-09, 01:50 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
MMMMHHMMMMM!!!! Riiiight. To each his own . I will agree to disagree. My opinion still stands that in the world of enthusiasts, not rich posers, the performance is what counts. If you don't understand well thats fine.

PS there is no civic in the world that will beat a GTR around a race course, especially not for 25-30k. I know you are trying to make your point but thats just wrong
No, I don't understand it at all... especially when you are trying to twist your own example to suit yourself. And you are talking about getting dusted at a set of traffic lights.... oh, I forgot US highways are actually racetracks. When you are ready to come back to reality, I might be able to explain to you that there are very few people on the street that could push the GTR or an exotic even close to its limits. Ah , but yes , so and so magazine says that the GTR is faster than X car around X track. So that makes you a "performance" enthusiast b/c your car is faster, doesn't matter that nobody could ever reproduce that.

And what makes all GTR drives performance enthusiasts?

Ah, ****... I think I have taken the wifes IS-F to over 75 mph maybe once or twice.
Old 07-30-09, 03:53 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
No, I don't understand it at all... especially when you are trying to twist your own example to suit yourself. And you are talking about getting dusted at a set of traffic lights.... oh, I forgot US highways are actually racetracks. When you are ready to come back to reality, I might be able to explain to you that there are very few people on the street that could push the GTR or an exotic even close to its limits. Ah , but yes , so and so magazine says that the GTR is faster than X car around X track. So that makes you a "performance" enthusiast b/c your car is faster, doesn't matter that nobody could ever reproduce that.

Ah, ****... I think I have taken the wifes IS-F to over 75 mph maybe once or twice.
Its pretty funny how the new GT-R has caused havok all over different car forums.
You buy a GT-R b/c its one of the best performance/values around.
You guy a Lambo/Ferrari/Aston just be damn cause. No explanations needed. It is what it is.

Old 07-30-09, 03:11 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Actually, I bet any one of us could take the GTR closer to its limits than any exotic. I bet you could probably log faster times around ANY track with the GTR than any almost any car on earth. It helps when the computer does all the driving
Old 07-30-09, 04:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Lets say you compare the Porsche driver to a Ferrari driver. The Porsche is cheaper and will not turn as many heads but in some cases like with the GT3 70% of the cars out of the factory will see regular track time. Compare that with the percentage of any Ferrari model you can think of that will be used on the track by its owners as much. There is none. Thats my point. The Porsche is a car that will easily match or best the Farrari and doesn't have the same image but the customers keep coming back for the hardcore performance , design, and engineering for a reasonable price ( relative). Ferrari's are trailer queens. We all know that. Thats why we scream like little girls when we see one on the street. They are rare birds

Again to each his own. These discussions are not to inflame anyone. You seem a little pissed and I am sorry if you are taking this the wrong way

Ps If you have only ad the ISF over 75 a few times then I a don't know what to say to that. I need to drive more like you. I have had to many criminal speeding tickets
Old 07-30-09, 04:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its pretty funny how the new GT-R has caused havok all over different car forums.
You buy a GT-R b/c its one of the best performance/values around.
You guy a Lambo/Ferrari/Aston just be damn cause. No explanations needed. It is what it is.

The GTR is the great automotive polarizer
Old 07-30-09, 08:41 PM
MelF1fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, GTR is Godzilla and have turned the automotive (supercar) landscape on it's side. I've been lucky to see em on the road and they are like nothing else out there, they certainly have presence.

As mentioned, it is the everyday supercar and an everyman supercar that won't wan't to kill you (Vipers, 911 Porsches, RWD lambo's) if you don't have super driving skills. They have an easy to drive slow / easy to drive fast quality not many others have
Old 07-31-09, 08:57 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

enough with the sexual and other inappropriate posts (deleted).
stay on topic. last warning.
Old 07-31-09, 10:23 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GT-R is a TRACK CHAMP... but it kinda lacks that exotic design, inside and out... that's the only grip I can think of for this car... great performance and value.
Old 08-01-09, 12:08 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I just got done watching the GTR set the Nurburgring lap record 7 min 29 sec on the Best Motoring video I recently got and it was amazing t watch the car at 10/10ths. Its amazing how quickly the car can change direction and the insane grip. They also showed is destroy a Mucielago, Gallardo, GT2, 911 turbo, and Exige sc on the track after starting dead last which was 680 ft disadvantage . ( It beat the Murcielago on the last corner). It was an amazing video. I was cheering like I was at the race in the car

It has all of the soul I will ever need.