Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

328i vs. IS350

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 05:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I'm not sure if it's a different program down there, but up here the "included maintenance" does not include the brakes/rotors. You can pre-pay it as an upgrade/addition at a significantly lower cost than you would pay if you didn't do it....but ultimately you're paying for them:
Originally Posted by The G Man
Acocording to the BMW dealers I have talk to, barke rotors are covered but not pads. Pads are consider normal wear item.
rotors AND pads are both covered
Old 11-06-09, 06:18 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
Sorry Henry and everyone else, that's not correct up here.

The quote in my previous post is directly taken from BMW Canada's website. I'm currently shopping a new BMW and it is an upgraded package that you have to pay for on top of the "free" scheduled maintenance.

Read it again...it clearly says "may be upgraded" to Service Inclusive.

The Service Inclusive Program includes all items covered under the Scheduled Maintenance Program. In addition, it includes the replacement of wear items such as brake linings, brake rotors, engine belts, wiper blades, and clutch components***.
Old 11-06-09, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Sorry Henry and everyone else, that's not correct up here.

The quote in my previous post is directly taken from BMW Canada's website. I'm currently shopping a new BMW and it is an upgraded package that you have to pay for on top of the "free" scheduled maintenance.

Read it again...it clearly says "may be upgraded" to Service Inclusive.
i was talking about cars here in the US. that's why i live in the US j/k... i can only speak for US spec cars here
Old 11-07-09, 08:11 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by lamar411
I still havent seen any ladies driving any IS in my area. Every single IS i've seen on the road have been 250s. I might have seen a 350 on the highway but he was speeding and he blew by to fast. Change your last sentence please, apologize to the male's. If for some reason I would have to buy an IS right now I would go for an 250. For me, the 158hp in my Camry and 220hp in my RX is more then enough. Not all men want powerful cars you know...
If a 4 cylinder Camry and a RX is enongh to satified your needs, then you are a better man than I am. More horse power and torque is like a sickness to some these guys in here. Read the post of those who write, I dont need a lot of horsepower in my car and look at their sigs. They all drive cars with over 300 HP You are about the only one who can really stand behind that statement. Its not very often we get a car guy in here who is not into horsepower.
Old 11-07-09, 10:20 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

No contest,IMO.
IS 350 over a 328.
Old 11-07-09, 10:39 PM
LexFather

If a 4 cylinder Camry and a RX is enongh to satified your needs, then you are a better man than I am. More horse power and torque is like a sickness to some these guys in here. Read the post of those who write, I dont need a lot of horsepower in my car and look at their sigs. They all drive cars with over 300 HP You are about the only one who can really stand behind that statement. Its not very often we get a car guy in here who is not into horsepower.
So car guys have to be into high hp to be a "car guy"? There are tons of "Car guys" and enthusiasts interested in low hp cars and modifying low hp cars.

The Honda guys would revolt!

High hp does not equate to being a car guy..sorry...

Old 11-07-09, 11:01 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So car guys have to be into high hp to be a "car guy"? There are tons of "Car guys" and enthusiasts interested in low hp cars and modifying low hp cars.

I'd like to consider myself an enthusiast....and enjoy the 416 hp that my F provides....but, like I mentioned in some other threads, I'd take an E350 over a 535 even though the 535 is much "sportier"....and I wouldn't even attempt to mod it. Sportiness and performance don't necessarily win out....even for some enthusiasts.
Old 11-07-09, 11:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Do you really feel by me calling a car "a chick's car" is an insult? What if I call a car a man's car, is that a compliment? Generally, man and woman buy cars with different priorities in mind. A woman's dream car is somewhat affortable, look nice, usually small. Power doesnt mean much to most female, that why the IS250 is so popular among female.
If I offend any female out there, I apologize.
i have seen a few women driving the IS 250. i wouldnt necessarily call it a chick car, cuz some guys do drive it as well, although the ladies ive seen driving it look sexy doing so. to me, i like a girl who wants something luxurious and a bit sporty and fast. it might not be all that fast, but when a girl floors it.....turns me on!
Old 11-08-09, 09:11 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Cough cough, dont you drive a GS hybrid and have a LAF in your sig?
Old 11-08-09, 09:29 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
doesn't really matter, I've never ever had to replace pads/rotors befoe 50K miles anyway....also, I don't track my cars and I'm not into heavy braking.

do beamers burn thru pads that quickly?
Old 11-08-09, 05:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bagwell
doesn't really matter, I've never ever had to replace pads/rotors befoe 50K miles anyway....also, I don't track my cars and I'm not into heavy braking.

do beamers burn thru pads that quickly?
i don't know about you, but all my friends with m cars, they all have their new pads and rotors on before warranty expires
Old 11-08-09, 08:09 PM
LexFather

Cough cough, dont you drive a GS hybrid and have a LAF in your sig?
That has nothing to do with anything? Where does it say only men and only people into high HP cars are enthusiats? I was an enthusiast out the womb, I was an enthusiast in a 80hp Nissan Sentra, I was an enthusiast in a 185hp ES 300.

So Miata owners are not enthusiasts? GTi owners? Mazda owners? Smart owners? Civic owners? Polo owners? A3 owners? Cobalt owners? Leon owners? Focus owners? 320 owners? 128 owners?

Its amazing that somehow the Audi Q5 in another thread gets a magical not a chicks car pass. Please spare us.

Old 11-09-09, 06:22 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

That has nothing to do with anything? Where does it say only men and only people into high HP cars are enthusiats? I was an enthusiast out the womb, I was an enthusiast in a 80hp Nissan Sentra, I was an enthusiast in a 185hp ES 300.

So Miata owners are not enthusiasts? GTi owners? Mazda owners? Smart owners? Civic owners? Polo owners? A3 owners? Cobalt owners? Leon owners? Focus owners? 320 owners? 128 owners?

Its amazing that somehow the Audi Q5 in another thread gets a magical not a chicks car pass. Please spare us.
Of course anybody could be an enthusiast, even a 15 year old who dont have license yet can be one. You can go to the IS forum and ask those owners if they can have the IS350 instead of IS250 for the same price, and you already know what they are going to say.

BTW, where on the Q5 post does it say its not a Click's car. I happen to think that all cute utes are more suited for females