Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The vehicle you love to hate...lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 09:30 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen about 4 X6's on the road since it's introduction, a bit of slowwwwwwwwwwww start...................
Old 08-07-09, 09:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I've seen about 4 X6's on the road since it's introduction, a bit of slowwwwwwwwwwww start...................
Agreed. Even in the enormously car-rich D.C. area, I don't think I've even seen that many. If sales don't pick up, I can't see BMW leaving it in the American market much longer.
Old 08-07-09, 09:53 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

They certainly aren't commonplace up here either, but the local dealer has no problem moving them. The wait can be extensive depending on what you're looking for for options. SUV's always tend to do well up here due to our weather....and in our particular neck of the woods....Subaru's and Audi's.
Old 08-07-09, 10:04 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Agreed. Even in the enormously car-rich D.C. area, I don't think I've even seen that many. If sales don't pick up, I can't see BMW leaving it in the American market much longer.
Silicon Valley is extremely car rich and one of the top import sales regions in the entire nation, with it's huge concentration of the best educated (and therefore affluent) in the US. We see exotics being used as commuter cars here. In my neighborhood alone there are more Mercedes than Toyotas. But the X6's are rare compared to GLKs, X5's, GL's, ML's, Q7's, X3, Cayennes, etc. Even the BMW salepeople laugh about the X6, no convincing story to tell customers.
Old 08-07-09, 10:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Silicon Valley is extremely car rich and one of the top import sales regions in the entire nation, with it's huge concentration of the best educated (and therefore affluent) in the US. We see exotics being used as commuter cars here. In my neighborhood alone there are more Mercedes than Toyotas. But the X6's are rare compared to GLKs, X5's, GL's, ML's, Q7's, X3, Cayennes, etc. Even the BMW salepeople laugh about the X6, no convincing story to tell customers.
same here in orange country (irvine, newport), another rich people area. cars over 60k are seen everywhere but yeah, the x6 is one rare car.

CDNROCKIES, come on, the x5 is nice, this.... man!
Old 08-07-09, 11:01 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just dont see why one would get an X6 over X5. Its not like the X5 is any less sporty, and the X6 is just fugly.

And with already poor sales of the X6 its gonna suffer even more once Acura releases its X6 competitor. In the last couple of years Acura has been making the ugliest cars on Earth, and when you're trying to compete with the X6 its... a good thing. Someone looking for an ugly car will sure find the new ZDX, or whatever its called, fantastic.
Old 08-07-09, 11:05 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Still on the not attractive side IMO. I just dont get this vehicle. It doesnt make sense to me.

However in the right interior color combo, it can be really inviting. My bro was looking at getting one. They had some sort of two tone interior color combo that was stunning to look at.
Old 08-07-09, 11:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I dont hate the X6 but I do see why its going to be one of the worst selling BMW's in history. The bmw fans keep blowing smoke up BMW's ***
Old 08-08-09, 07:19 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Och
I just dont see why one would get an X6 over X5. Its not like the X5 is any less sporty, and the X6 is just fugly.
Take one for a drive. The X6 handles even better than the 5. Like I mentioned before, this is the best handling SUV I have ever driven and is the closest I've seen to feeling like a car and not a truck.

I also agree that the utility of a X6 is limited. But how many people offroad their SUV's and many don't even need the full cargo capacity like my parents.

I understand that the exterior looks are polarizing and that many of you dislike it. I did think that there might be a few more comments about the improved interior in the BMW. I have never been a fan of the interiors in any of his previous vehicles, but this new one with the Oyster leather, dark chocolate wood and brushed chrome is actually quite impressive.
Old 08-08-09, 07:55 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Take one for a drive. The X6 handles even better than the 5. Like I mentioned before, this is the best handling SUV I have ever driven and is the closest I've seen to feeling like a car and not a truck.

I also agree that the utility of a X6 is limited. But how many people offroad their SUV's and many don't even need the full cargo capacity like my parents.

I understand that the exterior looks are polarizing and that many of you dislike it. I did think that there might be a few more comments about the improved interior in the BMW. I have never been a fan of the interiors in any of his previous vehicles, but this new one with the Oyster leather, dark chocolate wood and brushed chrome is actually quite impressive.
Why not just get the 5 series, which is defenately sportier than the X6, and make it into an actual coupe and with some utility? Such as so?

Old 08-08-09, 10:41 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i had the pleasure of driving this X6 as a courtesy car when my GS was in the shop getting my springs and wheels installed. i believe this is a hamann bodykit (not 100% sure).

Last edited by Stormforge; 08-08-09 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 10:48 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad it doesn't have the Hamann wing like this one

Old 08-08-09, 03:44 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha. Storm, my IS & my old BlackBerry are in there! sweet

That SR X6 is one hella sick X6 though.
Old 08-09-09, 10:36 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The X6 is a stupid, pointless, ugly vehicle.
Old 08-09-09, 10:43 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
The X6 is a stupid, pointless, ugly vehicle.
Yes, but when the entire body is blacked-out and lowered with black custom wheels it's harder to tell.

Quick Reply: The vehicle you love to hate...lol