Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The vehicle you love to hate...lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-09, 12:33 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by f=ma
Anything Audi
right on, dude! also, the m3 (just cuz im so damn tired of seeing them around so cal), anything benz (pretentious and they drive awfully slow cuz they think they own the road), and the nissan xterra (dontcha just wanna punch that lil box they have pokin outta the rear?)
Old 08-10-09, 02:11 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
At least his pops got the real deal X6 and didn't wait for the uglier knock-off ZDX thing thats coming.
Well, the whole purpose of cars like X6 and ZDX is to be as ugly and useless as possible, so the Yuckura easily surpasses the BMW in that sense.
Old 08-10-09, 03:05 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I still dont see the purpose or the market target for the X6. Its made for wealthy people who want to spend as much money as possible for as litle utility as possible, while still looking stylish. FAIL IMO
Old 08-10-09, 07:59 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
HA! hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That X6 is just damn awesome for converting the X6 haters

That's where it sarts Mike, you think it's ok... then you see one on the road and you're like 'ya know ...' ... then you go sit in one and you're like *hmmmm* ... teeeheee (do we have a devil smily guy?)
The X6 is pointless. That is why I wil forever hate it, and every vehicle of it's type. I do not see what the point of buying this vehicle is, as opposed to buying a 5 series/5 series estate or an X5. It takes the WORST qualities of both and puts them into one UGLY package. At best, you get the best traits of one with the worst qualities of the other.... can't spin that any other way.
The caveat...see below

Originally Posted by Faymester
For those of you that still hate the X6, might I ask: have you gone & drivin or even sat in one? Or are you making these statements from looking at pix, 'cause I've got to tell you, in person it's so much different than in pictures.
In person, the X6 is very aggressive looking..... so much that I do actually find it appealing. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's ugly....butt ugly. You know sometimes though, you just can't help but be attracted to the girl with the dog/horse face but who has a banging body and drips sex appeal....

Caveat #2... you would never marry or be seen in public with said girl.... just like i'd never buy an X6.

lol

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I still dont see the purpose or the market target for the X6. Its made for wealthy people who want to spend as much money as possible for as litle utility as possible, while still looking stylish. FAIL IMO
Pretty much what he said.
Old 08-10-09, 02:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I still dont see the purpose or the market target for the X6. Its made for wealthy people who want to spend as much money as possible for as litle utility as possible, while still looking stylish.
Apart from exotic supercars which serve the same purpose (a lot of cash for little or no utility), you may have a point. I've seen some 5.0L V8-equipped X6 models list for as high as 86K here in my area. Little wonder they are not selling.
Old 08-10-09, 04:20 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
In person, the X6 is very aggressive looking..... so much that I do actually find it appealing. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's ugly....butt ugly. You know sometimes though, you just can't help but be attracted to the girl with the dog/horse face but who has a banging body and drips sex appeal....

Caveat #2... you would never marry or be seen in public with said girl.... just like i'd never buy an X6.
food for thought...if the dog face girl with a banging body went for plastic surgery/makeover and came out half decent looking, would you change your mind? consider if you dress her up to the hilt with a smoking black dress with 3 inch heels, hair and makeup makeover. plastic surgeon was able to remove most of the facial defects. would you have a different opinion?

so now you slap on a bodykit, wheels, and suspension kit on a X6, plus other mods. turns a below average looking X6 gal into a hot X6 chick you'd want to take out on a date.

just saying...
Old 08-10-09, 05:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Apart from exotic supercars which serve the same purpose (a lot of cash for little or no utility), you may have a point. I've seen some 5.0L V8-equipped X6 models list for as high as 86K here in my area. Little wonder they are not selling.
They are selling real well in the NYC area. This X6 is actually a better drive than the X5. Flatter cornering, & even tighter chassis. The only way for folks to decipher the differences is to drive them.
Old 08-10-09, 05:14 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
They are selling real well in the NYC area. This X6 is actually a better drive than the X5. Flatter cornering, & even tighter chassis. The only way for folks to decipher the differences is to drive them.
Funny that people acknowledge that the X5 is a great drive, but don't comprehend that the X6 is even better.

The interior of the X6 is also beautiful and a significant improvement over the X5's and 3 that he previously had.
Old 08-10-09, 09:08 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
food for thought...if the dog face girl with a banging body went for plastic surgery/makeover and came out half decent looking, would you change your mind? consider if you dress her up to the hilt with a smoking black dress with 3 inch heels, hair and makeup makeover. plastic surgeon was able to remove most of the facial defects. would you have a different opinion?

so now you slap on a bodykit, wheels, and suspension kit on a X6, plus other mods. turns a below average looking X6 gal into a hot X6 chick you'd want to take out on a date.

just saying...
Still can't cook or clean, so no. Wait, I forgot that part of the analogy, didn't I?
Old 08-10-09, 09:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Any stats or "oh I saw one, thus its selling well" Its selling poorly actually and the stats we post every month.

Also everyone no sense rehashing the same comments about the X6.

Old 08-10-09, 09:55 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, the sales stats speak for themselves (consistently pathetic), but nobody mentioned the fact that it's very overweight and a gas hog.
Old 08-10-09, 09:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Still can't cook or clean, so no. Wait, I forgot that part of the analogy, didn't I?
yes you did forget to include that! but if the hottie X6 puts out when you want her to, isn't that enough?
Old 08-10-09, 10:01 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

^ I can't help but wonder where this metaphor is headed...
Old 08-11-09, 10:51 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Ssangyong Rodius/Stavic

Jeremy Clarkson of Topgear says: "It is a car that looks like it got bottled in a pub brawl and stitched back together by a blind man"

Wheels Australia says: "This car presents having a face like a burnt thong"

It speaks for itself :lol:
Old 08-11-09, 01:51 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
yes you did forget to include that! but if the hottie X6 puts out when you want her to, isn't that enough?
Why buy the proverbial cow when you can get the milk for free? Plastic surgury can't change genes, sure don't want any horse faced kids.....

wait... are we still talking about the X6 here?

lol lol lol lol lol

Quick Reply: The vehicle you love to hate...lol