Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The vehicle you love to hate...lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 12:41 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink The vehicle you love to hate...lol

I know that this X6 3.5 is a very polarizing vehicle and that some of you cannot stand it. Personally, I love it and more importantly so does my father.

It does have limited utility but for a retired couple with just a small dog, this vehicle has everything they need. The interior is leaps and bounds better than his previous Bimmers and hopefully this one has also improved in reliability...lol.

The handling of the X6 is simply amazing. It is hands down the best handling SUV that I have ever driven. The Vermillion Red color is stunning in person. Even better is the interior with Oyster Leather and a deep brown wood finish, complimented by the black and brushed chrome.

This is the one BMW that he is owned that I am truly impressed with.
Attached Thumbnails The vehicle you love to hate...lol-x5-x6-009.jpg   The vehicle you love to hate...lol-x5-x6-010.jpg   The vehicle you love to hate...lol-x5-x6-016.jpg   The vehicle you love to hate...lol-x5-x6-017.jpg   The vehicle you love to hate...lol-x5-x6-018.jpg  

Old 08-07-09, 12:50 PM
f=ma
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything Audi
Old 08-07-09, 12:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

The vehicle you love to hate
What is the purpose of this thread? I don't quite follow you.

Are you asking us for discussion on (and our opinions of) the X6, or do you want our views on which vehicle(s) we personally dislike the most?
Old 08-07-09, 01:02 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Umm...I was just sharing pics and thoughts on my father's brand new X6. I know there are many members here that don't like it, so I was pre-empting those comments.
Old 08-07-09, 01:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the X6! Yes, the drive & handeling are amazing. You can take corners with speed and the vehicle exhibits no body roll.. It does not drive like an suv at all.. I love the diagram in the guage cluster showing the torque split front/rear, side to side
Old 08-07-09, 01:21 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Umm...I was just sharing pics and thoughts on my father's brand new X6. I know there are many members here that don't like it, so I was pre-empting those comments.
OK.....sorry, I couldn't tell from the title thread it was your dad's new car (That's my fault, because you mentioned it and it went right past me) . In that case, congragulations to your dad on his purchase. Does he live in Canada like you do, or was he able to buy it in the U.S. with the Cash-for-Clunkers program? (the X6 is not exactly an economy-car, mileage-wise, so a trade would have had to get some pretty low mileage).

I personally don't think the X6 is that ugly at all (I've heard a lot of negative comments about likening it to the Pontiac Aztek). It is, of course, with the sleek rear roofline, not as roomy or as space-efficient as many more traditional boxy-shaped SUV's, but, of course, that was not its primary mission. The lowered roofline gives a lower center of graity and better handling (as you, yourself, noted)
Old 08-07-09, 01:35 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

I in fact do not hate the X6; I definitely made fun of it when it was new out but one time sitting in it & I was sold on it. If there weren't a Rover downstairs there would in all likely hood be an X6.

(yes I know the Rover is obviously far superior in the actual U department of SUV, but let's face it, how many people that can do something with their vehicles actually do)

oyster interior huh ... hope your parents don't ware jeans too often
Old 08-07-09, 02:06 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

the X6 has really grown on me... actually almost all the bmw designs that were bad in the early 2000s have been redesigned for the better. congrats to your parents on the purchase.
Old 08-07-09, 02:35 PM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

I know they drive well and congrats to your father but, i'd love nothing more than to take a baseball bat to it.
Old 08-07-09, 03:18 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I saw one yesterday, still ugly. But congrats on the nice X5 with the uglier body.
Old 08-07-09, 04:54 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't like it at first, but seeing the car like 20 times a day, made me like it. but definitely not the 3.5
Old 08-07-09, 05:08 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this has never grown on me.

the size and shape make the wheels look small.

looks like a dune buggy.
Old 08-07-09, 07:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
I in fact do not hate the X6; I definitely made fun of it when it was new out but one time sitting in it & I was sold on it. If there weren't a Rover downstairs there would in all likely hood be an X6.

(yes I know the Rover is obviously far superior in the actual U department of SUV, but let's face it, how many people that can do something with their vehicles actually do)

oyster interior huh ... hope your parents don't ware jeans too often
did you forget the modified X6 my friend lent to me? now that was an awesome ride!
Old 08-07-09, 08:09 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

I think X6 is one of the best looking SUVs out there, along with Audi Q5.
Old 08-07-09, 09:30 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the difference between X6 and 5-series GT, is one SUV and other wagon... can't tell the difference between the two. Is the X6 more expensive, since it's a 6 vs 5? Not thing handles like BMW!!!

Quick Reply: The vehicle you love to hate...lol