Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

REPORT: Toyota planning 360HP successor to the Mark X

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 10:45 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy ****, I like what I'm seeing.

For a Toyota, that car is really damn stylish. I do hope Toyota Japan makes LHD versions of it. That and I hope Toyota Philippines sells it here.

Perfect for us Philippine carbuyers who want something that is like the IS (but can't afford an IS).

Hehe wishful thinking

Old 08-11-09, 11:07 AM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually thought Japan will not make significant increase in hp due to economic downturn.

Lexus SA said they sold more IS2 than IS3 this year. Not because customers can not afford the IS3, customers are more practical now when it comes to spending.
Old 08-11-09, 11:11 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyota's technology will allow for higher HP while simultaneously increasing fuel economy and decreasing emissions. It will of course cost more. Whether Toyota passes on this cost to the consumer remains to be seen. Typically though Toyota's latest engine technology is usually seen on higher-end models first.
Old 08-11-09, 11:55 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Toyota's technology will allow for higher HP while simultaneously increasing fuel economy and decreasing emissions. It will of course cost more. Whether Toyota passes on this cost to the consumer remains to be seen. Typically though Toyota's latest engine technology is usually seen on higher-end models first.
Indeed. Principle of "more for less" is at work here

Interestingly, I've been browsing through wiki right now and have ventured across something interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_GR_engine

It looks like the DI version of the 2GR (the 2GR-FSE) already achieves 311 horses. Moving forward, there is a 2GR engine used by TRD Australia (for the fastest version of the Aurion) called 2GR-FZE engine that packs 323 horses (courtesy of TRD-approved Eaton Twin-Vortex Superchargers).

So yeah, it looks like this 360 horses thing could be possible. Dunno if they'll just add upgrades to the existing engine or if they'll use a brand new engine. Either way though, I want it hehe

Old 08-11-09, 04:48 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Crown Athlete:

Crown Royal:

WOW, Toyota/lexus sure knows how to do things backwards, if they going share, why not share these, btw i see why the Avalon n GS staying losing
Old 08-11-09, 05:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Diemellz
WOW, Toyota/lexus sure knows how to do things backwards, if they going share, why not share these, btw i see why the Avalon n GS staying losing
In reviewing your posts, you make the same slap Lexus/Toyota is better comments over and over.

Old 08-11-09, 10:30 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
In reviewing your posts, you make the same slap Lexus/Toyota is better comments over and over.
him just post his opinion, and reviewing my post, are u saying im wrong?, the HS/ES/GS couldn't use none of these engines/interior designs from these cars??