Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 08:31 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haitwun
Does Ford make a high quality car? It seems like the Mustang is as good as it is ever going to get despite it's live rear axle from the dinosaur days.
Dont dis the live axel, if youre a supra fan you should know that all the real high horsepower supras use ford rear ends because they can put the power down!!
Old 08-12-09, 09:18 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The mustang is a decent car but it can get kinda pricey with the backup camera and nav, Ive seen a black one with those options that stickered for over 43K
Old 08-12-09, 10:20 AM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mustang for what?

Originally Posted by B Dot
The mustang is a decent car but it can get kinda pricey with the backup camera and nav, Ive seen a black one with those options that stickered for over 43K
That turdy car for over $43K????? Waiter, I'd like to change my order, I'll take the Camaro instead please....
Old 08-12-09, 10:35 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those sequential turn signals sure are cool.
Old 08-12-09, 10:56 AM
rinthiran
Rookie

I had a rental 2009 Mustang GT in Maui for over a week and thought it was a pretty decent car. Had a chance to drive it in a "spirited" fashion going up to Haleakala, and all around the island. Nothing high-speed; you're lucky if you can go over 65mph without getting in trouble.

I like the new looks for 2010, better interior quality and design. I liked the solid chasis, decent suspension, good power. I did not like the steering (silly large steering wheel) and steering feedback. I did not like the size; Its a huge car with a tiny back seat. I also think there's a lot of options in the 32 - 37k prince range that competes with this car.
Old 08-12-09, 11:55 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

The general themes I get regarding Mustang reviews from Car&Driver, Motortrend, Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, Fifth Gear and Top Gear have been the following:
1. Its suspension hinders proper handling. The car can do the kinds of things expensive sports cars do but you have to work harder to achieve them.
2. Looks great and is a terrific value, especially for such a brilliant engine.
3. Average reliability rating (Consumer Reports)

It is true that the Fusion has stellar reliability ratings and sports decent exterior styling. It just doesn't feel high quality...I do not know why. I'm not trying to dis Ford, I mean, I am considering getting one.
I am glad to see so much input. =)

Last edited by Haitwun; 08-13-09 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 03:19 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Haitwun
The general themes I get regarding Mustang reviews from Car&Driver, Motortrend, Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, Fifth Gear and Top Gear have been the following:
1. Its suspension hinders proper handling. The car can do the kinds of things expensive sports cars do but you have to work harder to achieve them.
2. Looks great and is a terrific value, especially for such a brilliant engine.
3. Average reliability rating (Consumer Reports)

It is true that the Fusion has stellar reliability ratings and sports decent exterior styling. It just doesn't feel high quality...I do not know why. I'm not trying to dis Ford, I mean, I am considering getting one.
I am glad to see so much input. =)
I agree about the Fusion. A decent and reliable car for the price, but some of the details are missing. The lack of tiptronic shifting is a big blunder in my opinion. Just about every car in that class comes with it, save for the Accord (another shortsight).
Old 08-13-09, 09:06 AM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I agree about the Fusion. A decent and reliable car for the price, but some of the details are missing. The lack of tiptronic shifting is a big blunder in my opinion. Just about every car in that class comes with it, save for the Accord (another shortsight).

The 2010 Fusions with V6 engines (both the 3.0 and the 3.5 sport) have select shift 6 speed tranmissions.
Old 08-13-09, 10:51 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by B Dot
Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
That turdy car for over $43K????? Waiter, I'd like to change my order, I'll take the Camaro instead please....
There's a black one here LOADED... OTD at $32K..... not even a factory-built Shelby Cobra GT500 sells at sticker...

And the Camaro is CRAP quality-wise in comparison... 3 recalls already!!!!
Old 08-13-09, 12:20 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That live axle on the GT is there for a reason (something I have mentioned in a number of posts in Mustang threads). It is durable (that's why most pickup trucks have them) and resistant to damage from burnouts. The Shelby Mustangs don't have them (and have IRS instead) for two reasons. First, the average Shelby buyer, having putting a lot more money into the car to start with, is more careful about how he drives than the Mustang GT buyer....and is not as eager to do juvenile burnouts at every stoplight. Second, the Shelby buyer generally expects better handling than a live axle can give.
Sorry, but i have to disagree here the Shelby Mustang comes with a solid rear also. The '03-'04 Cobra's had the independant rear ends
Old 08-13-09, 03:58 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove one recenlty in key west it was the v6. It was actualyl quite nice i really liked the reto-ish steering wheel the v6 seemed to have descent power and the dash and plastic stuff didnt look overly cheap.
Old 08-13-09, 06:11 PM
lovely09
Driver School Candidate

They have called a new era of safety protection in terms of safety.The long list of innovations found in S80 includes sophisticated crash energy absorption systems in the structure.The next generation of whiplash mitigation,new side airbags with separate chambers to protect chest and hips,new protection for pedestrians.
Old 08-13-09, 06:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
lol, i think the camaro is a pile of junk compared to the new mustang.
Old 08-13-09, 07:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a bit late to this thread, but let me get it straight, the 2010 Mustang is a whole new model?
Old 08-13-09, 07:35 PM
LexFather

I like all 3 and the new Mustang.

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford Mustang