Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Do you like the design direction Lexus has been taking recently?
yes
43.06%
no
56.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

I don't like the design direction Lexus is taking. Do you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 07:55 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I've seen you post this before and I can't comprehend it?

Have you actually had driving time with iDrive, Command, and Remote touch to compare? Not just sitting in them, but driving them on the road?

I've played with all of the systems with our abundance of car shopping this past year and can't figure out how you disparage Remote Touch.

It is, by leaps and bounds, the best navigation device available on the market today. It is simple, intuitive and easy to operate. What more could you want? MB, BMW and Audi wish they could come up with such a smooth system.

Right, its very intuitive when you're standing still. Driving and trying align the mouse pointer with an icon is just plain dangerous and non intuitive at all.
Old 08-16-09, 08:04 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
Right, its very intuitive when you're standing still. Driving and trying align the mouse pointer with an icon is just plain dangerous and non intuitive at all.
Like I asked previously, have you actually driven with it? The icon actually clicks when u move it so it's not a completely random thing anyways.

Also, with Lexus there are so many "nannies" that you can't actually even use half of it when in motion. Have you seen the systems from the Germans? There are next to zero controls...nav is fully operational in motion, as are most, if not all of the other functions. How is that not more dangerous?

I still haven't heard anything to suggest why Remote Touch is not the best system out there.
Old 08-18-09, 12:01 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I haev try the mouse control on the RX, its ok but not as easy as touch screen. The way I look at it, no matter how easy a mouse is to control, it will never be easier than controlling your finger. If Lexus didnt have the lock out, it would be more dangerious than most German konb control system. The reason being that you have to aim the mouse at lease to the general area, with the ****, it all discrete, so there is no aiming.