Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lincoln MKX Midnight Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-09, 09:03 AM
LexFather

Its clear the MKX/Edge are badge engineering and the RX/Highlander share platforms but they are completely different inside/out.

I even believe those are the same 22s on the Ford Edge.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-14-09 at 09:26 AM.

Old 08-14-09, 09:14 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always been very clear to me.

And the MKZ needs a shot in the arm (including more horsepower eventually), sales rate is very weak.
Old 08-14-09, 09:29 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Wow! A $50,000 Ford Edge.
Coming from a Lexus owner? Dont you know that half of models are toyota rebadges?
Old 08-14-09, 09:34 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad co
Coming from a Lexus owner? Dont you know that half of models are toyota rebadges?
1/2 the models, if only it was actually true, that would be news to me. Off the top of my head I can think of only 2 that meet that definition vaguely.
Old 08-14-09, 09:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Wow! A $50,000 Ford Edge.
Yes and the depreciation rate is even worse! Something to consider when doing the math.
Old 08-14-09, 09:39 AM
LexFather

1/2 the models are not rebadges. I think you should take some time to educate the difference between platform sharing and rebadges.

Rebadge- Nissan Fuga to Infiniti M35/45, First gen LandCruiser to LX450, Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX etc
Platform sharing-Camry to RX, E-class coupe based C-class, 6 series based on 5 series, etc

If you are going to insult Lexus owners on here, please leave the thread.

Old 08-14-09, 09:50 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1/2 the models are not rebadges. I think you should take some time to educate the difference between platform sharing and rebadges.

Rebadge- Nissan Fuga to Infiniti M35/45, First gen LandCruiser to LX450, Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX etc
Platform sharing-Camry to RX, E-class coupe based C-class, 6 series based on 5 series, etc

If you are going to insult Lexus owners on here, please leave the thread.
I am not trying to insult Lexus owners I am putting facts on the table and if people are insulted by facts I cant help you than.(es/camry, rx/highlander, lx to land cruiser gx/ land cruiser prado whats left 3 more models), but calling the MKX just a rebadge of the Edge is like calling the GX a land cruiser prado. They are very very diffrent. I have driven both and the diffrence is night and day sure styling is simaler but it ends theyre. Maybe it was the Lincoln badge placebo effect.

Personaly I have a sweet spot for the new FoMoCo products and maybe thats why it hit me harder.

If I insulted any one here, I am sorry.
Old 08-14-09, 10:20 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

I am not trying to insult Lexus owners I am putting facts on the table and if people are insulted by facts I cant help you than.(es/camry, rx/highlander, lx to land cruiser gx/ land cruiser prado whats left 3 more models), but calling the MKX just a rebadge of the Edge is like calling the GX a land cruiser prado. They are very very diffrent. I have driven both and the diffrence is night and day sure styling is simaler but it ends theyre. Maybe it was the Lincoln badge placebo effect.

Personaly I have a sweet spot for the new FoMoCo products and maybe thats why it hit me harder.

Any person with observation skills, however slight, can clearly see that the MKX and Edge are one in the same. I mean, they even use the exact same wheels! Like 1Sick said, it's badge engineering. The RX and Highlander are completely different, inside and out. The parts they *do* share are what you *don't* see. They don't look alike. Not one exterior or internal panel is even similar. Hell, even the RX's wheelbase is shorter by two inches. They share a platform (a modified one, at that) and nothing more. An MKX is to an Edge, as a Cobalt is to a G5. Essentially, the exact same car.
No need to apologize.

Last edited by IS350jet; 08-14-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-14-09, 10:23 AM
LexFather

You are NOT putting facts on the table as 1/2 of Lexus lineup is NOT a rebadge. Yes the GX/Prado is a rebadge and incidently the 2nd oldest Lexus around. This method is not used anymore.

The cars are IDENTICAL the sheetmetal has not changed.

In comparison

Old 08-14-09, 10:29 AM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The rims are the same on this Mkx and the Edge Sport and 50k is no big deal, I work at a Ford dealership they had a black edge sport that was 45K(which is high) so 50k for Lincoln should be expected.
Old 08-14-09, 01:42 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You are NOT putting facts on the table as 1/2 of Lexus lineup is NOT a rebadge. Yes the GX/Prado is a rebadge and incidently the 2nd oldest Lexus around. This method is not used anymore.

The cars are IDENTICAL the sheetmetal has not changed.

In comparison

The diffrence's between the edge and the mkx in no order : hood, fenders, grill, head lights, bumpers (fron and rear), doors, quarter panel, lift gate, tail lights, seats, interior lay out, gauges, dash layout. I can write a book on it. Just because they look alike doesnt mean its not a diffrent car. Its like saying all 911 are just facelifted because they look a squashed vw bug.

The power plant is equaly impressive 3.5l V6 with 265hp and 250tq, it runs on regular, has a 6spd auto.

The people that think that MKX is much worse than the Cx-7 err RX350 are just biased, they are equal's same amount of room same comfort, same practicality it just doesnt have the lexus badge.
Old 08-14-09, 01:55 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

The diffrence's between the edge and the mkx in no order : hood, fenders, grill, head lights, bumpers (fron and rear), doors, quarter panel, lift gate, tail lights, seats, interior lay out, gauges, dash layout. I can write a book on it. Just because they look alike doesnt mean its not a diffrent car. Its like saying all 911 are just facelifted because they look a squashed vw bug.
You just don't get it, do you.
Kay, pay attention.

Which one is the MKX and which one is the Edge?

Now, pay close attention, cause this is difficult.

Which one is the RX350, and which one is the Highlander?

Last edited by IS350jet; 08-14-09 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-14-09, 02:28 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you can swap the ford flex doors, or dashboard, on an MKX, and make it fit.........

it's badge engineered.

take away the mkx front and rear fascia, and you have all the exact same frame and underpinnings in all the exact same places- engine, suspension, etc.

it's badge engineered.

same cat, different skin
Old 08-14-09, 03:02 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

The edge is blue....
Old 08-14-09, 03:23 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I think those black squares are covering something obscene.

Quick Reply: Lincoln MKX Midnight Limited Edition